TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cost of Shelby Cover

Prairiestang

Just ordered a car cover for my 2010 shelby. I was thinking it would have been priced in the $350 - $400 range but it is going to be $741 with taxes. Is this the right number?

It's a $375 option with the car..but as always you're going to pay more if ordered separately I would imagine - as you would with HID Lights, NAV, Shaker1000 if you wanted to add them after you took delivery of the car. No way would I pay $741 for a car cover personally.

EDIT : Just saw you're in Canada..we were talking American dollars...right?

Save your money! Unless you just want the cheap screen print "Shelby" and big cobra it is not worth it. I ordered mine when I ordered the car because I did not know better. Now that I have opened and actually used the cover, there is no way in hell I would spend that kind of cash for it. You would be better suited going aftermarket high quality.

Unless you just have to have the cobra and lettering. But I am willing to bet you will be disappointed with spending that much money for this cover.

But tell you what, I will save you some cash and sell you mine for $600. Lol. J/k

Just ordered a car cover for my 2010 shelby. I was thinking it would have been priced in the $350 - $400 range but it is going to be $741 with taxes. Is this the right number?

I paid $375 for mine when I bought the car.

Unlike someone else in this thread, I'm more than pleased with mine.

Forget about the print of the Cobra on the front or the SHELBY lettering on the rear...I'm impressed with the *custom* fit. Not only does it fit like a glove, it has outcrops for the side-view mirrors and the rear-mount antenna too.

Maybe the 2010 is different from earlier models, but I'd pay $375 again (in a heartbeat) if mine disappeared.

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

I paid $375 for mine when I bought the car.

Unlike someone else in this thread, I'm more than pleased with mine.

Forget about the print of the Cobra on the front or the SHELBY lettering on the rear...I'm impressed with the *custom* fit. Not only does it fit like a glove, it has outcrops for the side-view mirrors and the rear-mount antenna too.

Maybe the 2010 is different from earlier models, but I'd pay $375 again (in a heartbeat) if mine disappeared.

Phill Pollard

Phil or anyone,

Got a question, have a deposit on a 2011 GT500 and was wondering how the underside of the cover is? Is it soft and do you worry about scratching the paint? The car will be in the garage all the time so I really don't need a cover for the elements, just for dust protection. I was looking for an after market cover with a microfiber underside but if the one that I can order with the car is fine, I would order it.

Thanks,

Craig (PCW)

Phil or anyone,

Got a question, have a deposit on a 2011 GT500 and was wondering how the underside of the cover is? Is it soft and do you worry about scratching the paint? The car will be in the garage all the time so I really don't need a cover for the elements, just for dust protection. I was looking for an after market cover with a microfiber underside but if the one that I can order with the car is fine, I would order it.

Thanks,

Craig (PCW)

I don't remember off the top of my head but I have to go out later and put my new plates on the car so I'll check then.

I know I wasn't concerned about scratching the paint and I'm SUPER ANAL about such things so..... ?SHRUG?

Phill

Phil or anyone,

Thanks,

Craig (PCW)

No special liner attached to the cover. Same material as exterior. Also I can't remember at the moment but I think it is even a single layer.

And as for special "custom" fit. Aftermarket can do the same. I just sold a cover for my old Trans-AM that was custom fit. Mirrors, antenna. Ect. The cover was dual layer construction with nice soft contact layer. And this cover also fit "like a glove".

I just don't think this cover is worth the money.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.calcarcover.com Bought a cover from this place back when I had my WRX STi and it fit perfect. They didn't have a cover for the 2010 GT500 when i bought mine but it appears they now do

I bought my 2010 off a lot and it didnt come with a cover. I figured there would be people that also bought the car off a lot that came with a cover and they didn't need/want it. I was right and just bought from a guy on these forums.

http://www.calcarcover.com Bought a cover from this place back when I had my WRX STi and it fit perfect. They didn't have a cover for the 2010 GT500 when i bought mine but it appears they now do

I bought my 2010 off a lot and it didnt come with a cover. I figured there would be people that also bought the car off a lot that came with a cover and they didn't need/want it. I was right and just bought from a guy on these forums.

Hey 2nd a buddy of mine had an outdoor, all weather cover from Calcarcover on his Audi and absolutely loved it. Said it was a garage in a bag.......lol. How did you like it?

Any 2010 Mustang GT cover should fit a GT500, right?

As long as the radio antenna is the same. The GT500 has a shorty antenna mounted on the right rear fender. Not sure how/what the GT has but the mirrors will be the same.

Phill

I bought a Wolf Automotive cover, custom fit for mirrors, spoiler, etc. awsome fit and consruction with a soft underside. Summit racing equipment, 150 bucks.

I also had a Wolf Car cover custom made for a 1969 Olds Toronado I had in high school. Cover was awesome, great fit, and soft on the paint, provided great weather protection as well as sunlight protection which was amazing considering the heat in both Phoenix and Tucson.

Seems like Wolf got bought out by covercraft though from what I can tell. From other posts sounds like people are happy with covercraft as well so that is probably where I will get mine.

I was not impressed with mine when I first got the car. Now that the car is stored for the winter and I actually put the cover on the car I think it's worth the money. It fits well, and looks good. It's got a cobra on the front and printed SHELBY on the rear. Elastic on the bottom with gromet holes which I assume are for a lock. It also came with an attached storage bag. I didn't see the bag when I first got the car because it's sewed into the unside of the rear part of the cover.

I am not sure if they have the real "Shelby" car covers from the Shelby store for the 2010 models but I LLLOOOOVVVEEE :wub: mine, it's for indoor use only but I feel as if I am covering my car with silk. You never have to worry about a scratch and the fit is perfect plus you can get it to match the color AND stripes of your car with Shelby lettering on the side. When I bought mine there was no option for CSM or VIN number but now you can even get that and if I remember correctly it was about $400. Worth every penny!

My factory cover is still in the bag. I've been using California Car Covers on all of my cars and although I haven't tried any other brands, I don't know how they could be made any better than what they offer. There are several different types depending on use, embroidery, florescent tubing so you don't trip over anything in the dark, etc. Plus the underside is nice and soft and the cover overall is very durable.

I also ordered the factory car cover as an option from Ford and I don't like it. I am going to spend under $300 at California Car cover and get the dust top like I have for my Corvette. If you are interested in buying my Shelby cover send me a PM. I will make you a super deal.

I also ordered the factory car cover as an option from Ford and I don't like it. I am going to spend under $300 at California Car cover and get the dust top like I have for my Corvette. If you are interested in buying my Shelby cover send me a PM. I will make you a super deal.

well I will say that I actually like my Ford cover just fine. FOr in the garage protection it's fit finish is top notch.

the logo's are great but almost too much advertisement for what's inside when I leave the garage open

well I will say that I actually like my Ford cover just fine. FOr in the garage protection it's fit finish is top notch.

the logo's are great but almost too much advertisement for what's inside when I leave the garage open

Yep, it lets everyone KNOW what's under the cover.

A old Harley trick to keep yer bike from gettin' stolen is to use a HONDA cover for it.

A Harley will last about 1/2 hour before a thief sees it.

A Honda will last forever 'cause no one wants to steal a it!

Not that I'm worried about someone trying to steal my GT500 from inside my garage, but ya never know.

Phill Pollard

Call SAI (702) 942-7325. Or go to the ShelbyStore.com

Also if you are a TS member you can get 30% off until Tues.

Chris

A). I thought the 30% was only on 'selected items'. Is it on *all* SPP items?

B). I've been trying to find out how long the sale it good through.

I just received the e-mail today (Saturday a.m.) about the sale and there are many MANY *MANY* big-ticket items I'd like to buy like a KB SuperCharger, Baer Extreame Fr.&Rr. Brakes, 1-piece driveshaft, FRP Handling pack, etc. etc. etc.

I could save a small fortune if I got 30% off.

Are you sure it's only good thru Dec. 01? I know there was a 10% and 20% off sale for Shelby Accessories (Hats, sweaters, tee's, etc) that ends on 12/01-09 but I can't find a 'fer sure' end date for the SPP parts. And the post Amy put at the top of the forums doesn't let you reply...

Heck, I'll spend 50 bucks to join TS in order to save a couple *thousand* dollars.

Momma din't raise no fool! (leave my dad out of this! lol)

TIA,

Phill

I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again;

I'd spend $375.oo again, in a heartbeat if I had the need to buy a FoMoCo Shelby GT500 OEM/Optional cover.

I bought cheap covers for my Pontiac Firebird collection ('70 Formula RA-III, '70 Trans-Am RA-IV, '71 Formula 455HO & '73 Formula RA-III 455) and it was a complete & total waste of money. Never again. No cheap covers for this kid. I ended up selling the whole collection so I never did have to buy a second set but the first set of covers turned to dust (outside in Cali UV).

*I* personally would spend the bucks for a decent cover if I had'a do it all again. Would not hesitate.

IN MY OPINION 375 bucks ain't squat when yer talkin' about a $55K-$90K car (from a OE GT500 up to a Super Snake).

I don't understand that logic. Spend big bucks on a car and skimp on a cover... :headscratch:

JMHO,

Phill Pollard

A). I thought the 30% was only on 'selected items'. Is it on *all* SPP items?

B). I've been trying to find out how long the sale it good through.

I just received the e-mail today (Saturday a.m.) about the sale and there are many MANY *MANY* big-ticket items I'd like to buy like a KB SuperCharger, Baer Extreame Fr.&Rr. Brakes, 1-piece driveshaft, FRP Handling pack, etc. etc. etc.

I could save a small fortune if I got 30% off.

Are you sure it's only good thru Dec. 01? I know there was a 10% and 20% off sale for Shelby Accessories (Hats, sweaters, tee's, etc) that ends on 12/01-09 but I can't find a 'fer sure' end date for the SPP parts. And the post Amy put at the top of the forums doesn't let you reply...

Heck, I'll spend 50 bucks to join TS in order to save a couple *thousand* dollars.

Momma din't raise no fool! (leave my dad out of this! lol)

TIA,

Phill

Sale is good through Dec 1st according to Robert Lane. its not all SPP, but as far as I know if its on the shelby store site then you can get the discount. I ordered the kicker speakers at 30% off and just to check I put the rear brakes in my cart and the 30% off applied to that as well. The KB supercharger they have is now sold out.

I would love to order the 20" Alcoa wheels for 30% off but that is one of the items the Shelby Store does not have

Archived