TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who,s adding stripes on their Convt?

BillyRay

Friends,

Who has decided to add stripes to their 2007 GT500 convertible?

If so what have you calculated as to the cost of:

1. The stripe kit $$

2. install of the stripe kit $$

3. Will this hurt future value of car?

4. What color are you adding to what color of car?

Thanks for all imput! Billy

Friends,

1. The stripe kit $$ There was no stripe kit available when I decided to stripe my vert. The parts dept at my local dealer pieced a "kit" for me through the parts catalog, and the combined total of the stripes ended up to be about $1,200.00 and that does not include installation.

2. install of the stripe kit $$ See above. Painting them on cost $1,200.00 OTD. I hired one of the guys that does work on OVERHAULIN'

3. Will this hurt future value of car? I was not and am not concerned about loss of value especally now that CSI will be installing them on the 40th anniversary 500 vert's. Ultimately, if/when I ever do sell, if the new buyer is a purest, he or she can have the stripes removed at their cost.

4. What color are you adding to what color of car? See attached photo.

post-4213-1167273113_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1167273113_thumb.jpg

Friends,

1. The stripe kit $$

2. install of the stripe kit $$

3. Will this hurt future value of car?

4. What color are you adding to what color of car?

I heard SCGT500 is adding one red stripe and one blue stripe to his performance white vert...so he'd have a red/white/blue car. :ohsnap::redcard:

Subscribing...I am definitely going to do this, although I haven't decided just how.

• I am on the fence about the Shelby 40th package
  • I know painting is probably better, but vinyl could be removed to "return to factory original" paint
  • I would like to do the OEM vinyl, but WOW it is pricey...thinking of using a custom vinyl / striping shop

Would love more input on this as well....

Subscribing...I am definitely going to do this, although I haven't decided just how.

• I am on the fence about the Shelby 40th package

• I know painting is probably better, but vinyl could be removed to "return to factory original" paint

• I would like to do the OEM vinyl, but WOW it is pricey...thinking of using a custom vinyl / striping shop

Would love more input on this as well....

See this thread I started on why I am opting out of the 40th pkg. for my input.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ic=5058&hl=

See this thread I started on why I am opting out of the 40th pkg. for my input.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ic=5058&hl=

I did see it and I share some of your concerns. I am still on the fence about it and trying to look for other options for striping in the event that I don't go with the Shelby package.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the look of the lemans stripes on the vert. I would omit them from the top of the windshield though.

I wish you could have gotten them from the factory that way.

I will have this done as soon as my car is delivered. Black vert with vista stripes. You can order the stripes but like it has already been said they are expensive. I will pay to go ahead and have them installed. I have seen a few verts on here that have stripes. The white an blue striped one looked awsome. No stipe on the top of the windshield for me.

I will have this done as soon as my car is delivered. Black vert with vista stripes. You can order the stripes but like it has already been said they are expensive. I will pay to go ahead and have them installed. I have seen a few verts on here that have stripes. The white an blue striped one looked awsome. No stipe on the top of the windshield for me.

mrfarmdog

when you get your black shelby .. and put the stripes on it .. would love to see some picts of it.

Our first shelby sold at our store was a black convertible .. and the owner is considering stripes too .. and seeing one already done would help immensly

dond

Here you go....post-7198-1169700072_thumb.jpgpost-7198-1169700147_thumb.jpg

beautiful car rick .... i think the strips on the convertibles really look hot .. esp when the tops are down ...

Rock on !

dond

Archived