TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New SGT leather jackets!

blueshawk

Sent a note to Robert last night asking similar question. No reply yet but I know he is busy.

Would relaly like to know if it is the same company as the 85th Birthday Bash coat? Saw the coat while I was in Vegas this spring and my wife thought the 85th coat was good quality. I held out as I am set on a Shelby GT. Been waiting over two years.

Chart converting my 42L Suit coat to L or XL would be great. At least knowing the company could get me to being close - clearly do not want it small.

If it is as heavy as the 85th coat I figure I can wear it most of the SE Michigan Winter and show off my pride when when I can't drive the car. Price is a little stiff but 20% certainly helps. May just take the 85th as 199.95 - 40 is a good deal too.

Tom

Certain things have certain intrinsic value and the rest is for the name. I just cannot get behind $400 for a jacket that costs, really, $150. Just my two cents and, around here, it does not get too cold.

Jim

ditto..... I expect it to be offered at a more realistic price someday, then I'll be on board....

now.......not so much!

these Jackets take 4-6 weeks, If you order by today you can get it before Christmas. !!!!!

Just placed my order... Any way to have your name & CSM number stitched on the jacket??? Even for a nominal charge, I would have liked to get BOTH on there...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Just placed my order... Any way to have your name & CSM number stitched on the jacket??? Even for a nominal charge, I would have liked to get BOTH on there...

Gregg

07SGT0547

Yes one of the drop down bars was do you want to ad your name or CMS number at no cost, did you ad your name or CSM number to that?

Sharon

Yes one of the drop down bars was do you want to ad your name or CMS number at no cost, did you ad your name or CSM number to that?

Sharon

I added my CSM #, but thought it was EITHER your first name or the number... But not BOTH???

Did I miss something???

Maybe I should have entered the following on just ONE line:

Gregg ~ 07SGT0547

But I would prefer to have it on TWO (and centered)

__Gregg__

07SGT0547

If you can modify the order, please let me know!

THANKS!

Gregg

I added my CSM #, but thought it was EITHER your first name or the number... But not BOTH???

Did I miss something???

Maybe I should have entered the following on just ONE line:

Gregg ~ 07SGT0547

But I would prefer to have it on TWO (and centered)

__Gregg__

07SGT0547

If you can modify the order, please let me know!

THANKS!

Gregg

Sorry yes it was either one or the other on the jacket. So you did it right

pics or it didnt happen. :lurk:

Here are the Pics.. I wish SAI would just offer a base jacket, you know like black with silver sleeves, blue with silver etc.. then when you order you can choose from a select number of logos, patches etc to be put on it, I think people like custom stuff, I know I do and do not like showing up at a car show with the same jacket as everyone else..

So here is the jacket I had made for myself here while I am overseas.. The blue is a heavy wool, the sleeves leather and the rest of the grey trim is a wool/cotton blend. The inside is fully lines as are the sleeves with a blue silk. Nice...

GNB

post-24335-1258605771_thumb.jpg

post-24335-1258605785_thumb.jpg

post-24335-1258605771_thumb.jpg

post-24335-1258605785_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I saw this today.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/zop20.htm

Anyone get one of these yet. I would like one but need to get some $$ and also figure out what size to get.

Who makes the basic jacket so I can go find one locally to figure out what size would be right?

I tried a Letterman jacket on today and it really doesn't fit me right. The large is too small and the XL is too big. So I'm not going to take the chance on getting one of these if I can't try it on first. I bought two Shelby GT patches so maybe I'll buy a jacket and put them on it.

Here are the Pics.. I wish SAI would just offer a base jacket, you know like black with silver sleeves, blue with silver etc.. then when you order you can choose from a select number of logos, patches etc to be put on it, I think people like custom stuff, I know I do and do not like showing up at a car show with the same jacket as everyone else..

So here is the jacket I had made for myself here while I am overseas.. The blue is a heavy wool, the sleeves leather and the rest of the grey trim is a wool/cotton blend. The inside is fully lines as are the sleeves with a blue silk. Nice...

GNB

Good looking jacket for half the price! It took me two years to talk myself into spending the money on the SC upgrade! I don't see a $400.00 jacket in the near future!

$400 for a jacket? I'm just not that fashion conscious. I actually like gbstangs jacket better, although I might have gone with a darker blue if it had been available. Great job! Where can you get patches like that done? Or is it just custom embroidery? I'd much rather make my own jacket. It sure beats that thing on the Shelby Store banner to the left. It has so many patches on it that Michael Jackson wouldn't have worn it. A few emblems might have been nice, but that thing's hideous! Just my opinion...

• 2 weeks later...

$400 for a jacket? I'm just not that fashion conscious. I actually like gbstangs jacket better, although I might have gone with a darker blue if it had been available. Great job! Where can you get patches like that done? Or is it just custom embroidery? I'd much rather make my own jacket. It sure beats that thing on the Shelby Store banner to the left. It has so many patches on it that Michael Jackson wouldn't have worn it. A few emblems might have been nice, but that thing's hideous! Just my opinion...

The jacket is all custom embroidered.. No patches., I was going to go with a darker blue, but the first shelby's (1965/66) had a lighter blue stripe, not a real dark blue, kinda medium?? so I didn't like the Navy blue, too dark and I chose the lighter.. The logo on the front is the Shelby performance parts logo.. Its a nice jacket for certain! Thanks for all the props..

GNB

Yeah, I could not wrap my mind around the $400 either,,,so I had a custom designed one made here,,,I think it looks alot better than those and it only cost $175 and is a very heavy jacket!

GNB

I just checked today and most jackets of this type are 140 to 150 and the setup for haveing you own Snake put on is the killed. Any where from 150 to 300. to have a disc made. Where or how did you get yours for 175. Rick