TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LA Times Article on GT500

Shelbyaddict

Whew. A lot to digest.

Apparently, this sort of psuedo-journalism is what the LA Times thinks their readers want.

I predict a spirited thread here!

The author is not a muscle car lover - despite his references.

Let the posts begin!! :redcard:

Interesting article in the LA Times today titled "Wild Horses" by staff writer Dan Neil that may be of interest.

http://www.latimes.com/

He seems more concerned with using cute phrases like "more snakes than in Samuel Jackson's plane" than with getting across a review of the car.

RUF, I hope you teach your students not to use language to cover up for your lack of understanding of a subject. I'm sure you don't....just venting. :shift:

Dave

Hardly worth a post now that the car is out and can be driven for ourselves....I could care less what others think - I love it. Sure there's room for improvemnt but that's what makes it fun.

And if you think the Mustang guys are bad with the hair bands just wait until that camaro comes out....Quiet Riot may shoot back up the charts!

And if you think the Mustang guys are bad with the hair bands just wait until that camaro comes out....Quiet Riot may shoot back up the charts!

Ha - I love it!

What with his statement that, "With the optional fog lights...". Optional fog lights?? Don't remember seeing that on the order form.

I remember seeing other review by this guy before... he must be one of those guys who, at a party, thinks that he's "Mr. Important" while talking just to hear himself talk! "Me me me, blah blah blah, me me me!"

He's writing for an audience. Apparently, he thinks (as does his editor) that his readers are more interested in cute phrases and irrelevant references than stricktly car "speak."

Let's consider the publication: The LA Times. What sort of context is that?

How about his comment about almost swallowing his cell phone whilst he attacks an off-ramp? :hysterical2:

Being that I live in the same city as the little prick does, me thinks that I shall offer him a test RIDE in my car just so the limp dick knows how a solid axle car should be driven. It's obvious that he only knows how to drive a front wheel drive car.

Oh by the way, here's the A-holes email addy in case anyone was interested:

dan.neil@latimes.com

Get em boys! :stats:

:finger:

Being that I live in the same city as the little prick does, me thinks that I shall offer him a test RIDE in my car just so the limp dick knows how a solid axle car should be driven. It's obvious that he only knows how to drive a front wheel drive car.

dan.neil@latimes.com

I agree with all of your replies. His article is just another example of why I have never subscribed to the LA Times. (It's a shame that the city I too live in doesn't have a decent major newspaper.)

I believe he overcompensates. We know why. (The name "Little Prick" seems appropriate.

(Yes, I did spell check "overcompensates") LOL

BEFORE I begin, let me just say to all you hard-core Mustang enthusiasts: The sun will come out tomorrow. Your mullet will again dance in the wind and Bon Jovi will still be the most awesome band from central New Jersey. WHAT IS THIS BS?

Carroll ought to go up there and give this "boy" a swift kick in the ASS!

I believe he overcompensates. We know why. (The name "Little Prick" seems appropriate.

(Yes, I did spell check "overcompensates") LOL

BEFORE I begin, let me just say to all you hard-core Mustang enthusiasts: The sun will come out tomorrow. Your mullet will again dance in the wind and Bon Jovi will still be the most awesome band from central New Jersey. WHAT IS THIS BS?

Carroll ought to go up there and give this "boy" a swift kick in the ASS!

MULLET W.T.F Some fag with a free ride ! B.S not on my watch !!!!!!!! www. :censored: puzzuts. com :finger: [ kick his ass sea bass] :hysterical:

dan.neil@latimes.com

Flood this guy with emails. He will entertain you with defensive replies. :hysterical2:

He seems more concerned with using cute phrases like "more snakes than in Samuel Jackson's plane" than with getting across a review of the car.

RUF, I hope you teach your students not to use language to cover up for your lack of understanding of a subject. I'm sure you don't....just venting. :shift:

Dave

Dave,

You said it! The guy is so enamored with his cute phrases he has nothing valid or worthwhile to say. What an As#hole!

CC

The video wasn't too bad.

The writing was not the greatest. Too many "descripitive words."

Bon Jovi????????

Who?

Were they a band in 1984 or something?

I have that car.

I like it, but remember it's just a car.

MM

post-2888-1167327560_thumb.jpg

post-2888-1167327560_thumb.jpg

In the words of his own California Governor "Arnold" - I think we have a Liberal Faggot Girlyman on our hands.

hsurb

Dam fellas,

Want some cheese with that whine? So you think fully independent rear suspensions are no good? I mean, I read people on this very forum complaining about the same things this guy is, talking about wheel hop and strapping the suspension down, etc. Even Shelby thought the car should have a FIRS unit but the bean counters won out in the end. So they made do with what they had to work with. Solid rear axles are stronger sure, but lets face it, you can make a FIRS that could take the torque(Z06?), they went cheap instead. I still love the car, but lets face reality, the car would be better with a FIRS and now your angry that someone had the audacity to say so? Pulleeez.

Because this guy writes for the LA Times, he's deemed a faggot girly man liberal. To hell with the name calling and bigotry. That comment sounded like something Rush Limbaugh would say when his anal warts are acting up. Sure the writer is a little wordy, but this article is for an audience that isn't a bunch of gear heads by and large. Hes trying to entertain people and give the non gear head an idea of what solid a rear axle car with 500 horses is all about. Its not a car for everyone. Aside from a few inaccuracies, it was a fair article from someone thats not biased toward mustangs. To hassle this guy with email bombs is just plain stupid. Get over it. BTW, Car and driver and Road and Track(are they fag girly men liberals too?) didnt exactly heap praise on the GT500. In fact they said the same thing he did, but worse. They have their opinions, we have ours. Doesnt mean you got to start hurling epitaphs. Grow up.

I had a mullet in the 80s, had a mustang too. And I like BonJovi. So what. I would probably still have a mullet if I wasn't so dam bald! I thought it was amusing. Lighten the hell up. :idea::hysterical:

KC666

Dam fellas,

Want some cheese with that whine? So you think fully independent rear suspensions are no good? I mean, I read people on this very forum complaining about the same things this guy is, talking about wheel hop and strapping the suspension down, etc. Even Shelby thought the car should have a FIRS unit but the bean counters won out in the end. So they made do with what they had to work with. Solid rear axles are stronger sure, but lets face it, you can make a FIRS that could take the torque(Z06?), they went cheap instead. I still love the car, but lets face reality, the car would be better with a FIRS and now your angry that someone had the audacity to say so? Pulleeez.

Because this guy writes for the LA Times, he's deemed a faggot girly man liberal. To hell with the name calling and bigotry. That comment sounded like something Rush Limbaugh would say when his anal warts are acting up. Sure the writer is a little wordy, but this article is for an audience that isn't a bunch of gear heads by and large. Hes trying to entertain people and give the non gear head an idea of what solid a rear axle car with 500 horses is all about. Its not a car for everyone. Aside from a few inaccuracies, it was a fair article from someone thats not biased toward mustangs. To hassle this guy with email bombs is just plain stupid. Get over it. BTW, Car and driver and Road and Track(are they fag girly men liberals too?) didnt exactly heap praise on the GT500. In fact they said the same thing he did, but worse. They have their opinions, we have ours. Doesnt mean you got to start hurling epitaphs. Grow up.

I had a mullet in the 80s, had a mustang too. And I like BonJovi. So what. I would probably still have a mullet if I wasn't so dam bald! I thought it was amusing. Lighten the hell up. :idea::hysterical:

KC666

Yes Sir Mr. Mullet. Are you Dan Reid's cousin or something? :hysterical2:

I just cant believe that staff writer can be so stupid to make High School comments. MUllets? how can mullets and mustangs still be tied together. Last time I went to a dealership to look at them, the last one sold was sold to PLASTIC SURGEON cash in a silver brief case...might as well be the guys from NIP/TUCK. its like saying that mustangs, camaros, and oh yea DODGES are only purchased by hicks.

Who?

Were they a band in 1984 or something?

The Who is a band. I was at their concert in 1979 in Cincinnati where people died by being trampled on in what reversed the thinking on "festival" seating. In other words...everyone pays the same ticket prices, and it's whoever gets to the seat first gets it. They locked all doors until 30 minutes prior to show time. This incentivized people to "push" their way as close to the doors as possible. 11 people died that night...trampled by other fans. I often tell the entire story...it takes me about 15 minutes to describe all the details...very long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_seating

Dave

The Who is a band. I was at their concert in 1979 in Cincinnati where people died by being trampled on in what reversed the thinking on "festival" seating. In other words...everyone pays the same ticket prices, and it's whoever gets to the seat first gets it. They locked all doors until 30 minutes prior to show time. This incentivized people to "push" their way as close to the doors as possible. 11 people died that night...trampled by other fans. I often tell the entire story...it takes me about 15 minutes to describe all the details...very long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_seating

Dave

:doh:

BTW, I am NOT Dan Reids cousin. And thats FORMER Mr. Mullet. Now Im Telly Savalas! And dont ask me who he is...:hysterical: I just thought Id pipe up cause I saw one of ya's knotting a noose in the back so I thought Id just try to talk some sense for a moment. Never mind :headspin: Carry on then.:banana piano:

KC666

Archived