TEAM SHELBY FORUM

INFO OVERLOAD - WHAT'S CURRENT?

01ROUSH3GT

1. Do the SVT rules still apply?

- Dealer allocation vs. Dealer certification - this changes things a lot. I've gone outside the "big city" and educated a small dealer on the GT 500. Turns out only one guy has been asking about it since 05... I'm the second, and reportedly the second in line "if we can get one." They are non-SVT and surely won't pay the $12k to sell 2 cars.

2. Build numbers we've seen 7500 to 9000 to 10-12000. Will this ultimately demand driven vs. a hard cut-off number? I don't think any of us believe we will see any sitting on lots, unless the dealer ultimately cannont find someone to pay an outrageous ADM. A lot of us could pay $5k over, but won't. Fewer who will pay $10k. Sickens me knowing I am eligible for X-Plan!

3. On Monday, when ordering information comes out, is that when dealers will KNOW how many they are alotted? OR -- do they know that now? One would assume, as we've all seen the auctions for "over MSRP."

4. I hate to be the glass half-empty guy, but it's becoming clear that I may not be able to grab one unless it's a used 07, or the madness dies down in 08...

I'm too deep into Mustangs for too many years to go and buy a Vette...

Is it 5 O'Clock yet? This is driving me to drink...

Welcome! See my answers in your quote, next to the :happy feet: I'll be brief & to the point

1. Do the SVT rules still apply?

- Dealer allocation vs. Dealer certification - this changes things a lot. I've gone outside the "big city" and educated a small dealer on the GT 500. Turns out only one guy has been asking about it since 05... I'm the second, and reportedly the second in line "if we can get one." They are non-SVT and surely won't pay the $12k to sell 2 cars.

:happy feet: As seen on other threads around here, we don't think too many non-SVT dealers have applied, too much $$$ So, we think most cars will go to SVT dealers

2. Build numbers we've seen 7500 to 9000 to 10-12000. Will this ultimately demand driven vs. a hard cut-off number? I don't think any of us believe we will see any sitting on lots, unless the dealer ultimately cannont find someone to pay an outrageous ADM. A lot of us could pay $5k over, but won't. Fewer who will pay $10k. Sickens me knowing I am eligible for X-Plan!

:happy feet: From what I've heard, it's a matter of how many 6-speeds they can get their hands on. 7500 definitely, and they plan to build as many as are ordered, if possible

3. On Monday, when ordering information comes out, is that when dealers will KNOW how many they are alotted? OR -- do they know that now? One would assume, as we've all seen the auctions for "over MSRP."

:happy feet: I wouldn't count on that at all!

4. I hate to be the glass half-empty guy, but it's becoming clear that I may not be able to grab one unless it's a used 07, or the madness dies down in 08...

:happy feet: I think if you wait 6 months, you'll be allright

I'm too deep into Mustangs for too many years to go and buy a Vette...

:happy feet: :burnout: me too!!!

Is it 5 O'Clock yet? This is driving me to drink...

:happy feet: :beerchug: It's almost 11:00! Hope this info helps! Nice car, by the way!!! Good luck!!!

Archived