TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm looking for a 2010 GT500 Need advice/help

mustanggt500

I noticed you said that I could write off the sales tax and the GG tax? Is that this year only or something? Or is there something that I'm missing and need to be very aware of? And yes, I have been reading the forums here for the last 8 months paying attention to what everyone is saying. The small flaws and problems. It wont ruin my experience, it will just give me things to play with.

I'm talking with MM through emails now so hopefully we can come to an agreement, it would put a very positive spin on being away from family and friends during the holidays this year while on this deployment.

I would love to fly to my parents house and go over to Perry GA to get the car from MM but it brings up a few issues. I would be very concerned about driving the car 2500 miles on all highways before getting the Clear View bra put on. Would it be in my best interest to have it delivered to a local delership and take delivery and inspection there? How much would it cost to get it from Perry GA to Tacoma Wa by car carrier?

Then, once I do have the car in WA, what is the local dealer going to be obligated to handle? If I do find issues on my new car will they take care of them?

Nic

Why dont you just have it drop shipped? It would be cheaper and take care of the driving problem. The prospect of the drive itself sounds enticing. Thank you for your service!!!-Looks like MM already got that for you enjoy!!!!

Respectfully,

Roger

Mach1fever - do you mean shipped to my home or to a local dealer by drop shipped? I think right now the plan is it will shop up at MM's dealership. then when i get home from this trip and my bonus arrives in Feb i will pay in full and he will be shipping it to a dealer local to me in tacoma washington.

Yeah i love my job, i dont think i could manage a desk, though the longer im in the more often i seem to be sitting at one. Such is life though laugh. fortunatly the trip i have at the end of February is just a quick 6 week hop. then its open roads and nice summer driving for months on end. OOOOH and "Mustang Roundup" is like in June or so. there were over 1k cars there this year, REALLY looking forward to that one.

Nic

Mach1fever - do you mean shipped to my home or to a local dealer by drop shipped? I think right now the plan is it will shop up at MM's dealership. then when i get home from this trip and my bonus arrives in Feb i will pay in full and he will be shipping it to a dealer local to me in tacoma washington.

Yeah i love my job, i dont think i could manage a desk, though the longer im in the more often i seem to be sitting at one. Such is life though laugh. fortunatly the trip i have at the end of February is just a quick 6 week hop. then its open roads and nice summer driving for months on end. OOOOH and "Mustang Roundup" is like in June or so. there were over 1k cars there this year, REALLY looking forward to that one.

Nic

Nic,

Yes you can have it drop shipped to a local dealer. Basically MM will be selling the car and the pdi etc. will be done at the local dealer. I don't know if he loses the holdback though that might effect your deal. (I think its only when its a dealer trade that they lose the holdback). Anywho thanks again for your service and happy turkey day in the sand box. God bless!!!!

Roger

Archived