TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Get This!

ProntoTonto

Isn't the OEM 2010 filter a dry element, while the FRPP is oiled?

They did not mention it to me if it is, or if it needs any special maintenance compared to the std filter. Although I do not know for sure, I do not think that there is any difference in the care routine between the two - the Ford Racing filter looked to me like more or less the same filter material (gloss, feel, consistency etc), but in a more robust designed housing - and of course it was a different color. I believe that it is the std filter from the KR, and as such I do not think that it needs any special oiling beyond it's normal service life (perhaps a KR owner could confirm?)

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it, I have had oiled cone K&N's before on other cars, and I usually replaced then before needing to have them re-oiled. From memory I think that they usually last 50-100K without re-oiling anyway - notwithstanding any heavy off-roading that is ;)

Megs

Anyone know about this?

If it's a paper filter it doesn't use oil.

If it's a cotton filter (e.g. K&N style), it does.

Easy way to tell is if it has a screen on the filter element. Cotton filters have screen, paper filters don't.

And DO NOT oil a paper filter.

Phill Pollard

Megan,

Thanks very much for your help. I ordered the Ford Racing Air Filter and should have it tomorrow.

Chris

Chris,

Did you have to pay for it and order it yourself? Or did the dealer order it for you based on the problems they'd been having locating a replacement for your standard filter?

Megs

Chris,

Did you have to pay for it and order it yourself? Or did the dealer order it for you based on the problems they'd been having locating a replacement for your standard filter?

Megs

I ordered it myself. I'm so frustated with this dealer. I have one other issue in that one of my rims was damaged on delivery. Took about 5 weeks for them to get it for me. They tried to get Ford to pay for it under warranty first, then the transport company, and then finally new car sales paid for it and ordered it. Well the rim is supposed to be in. I made an appointment last Sat (and btw I live an 1 1/2 hr. drive from the delear) to drop the car off at the dealer. The SA then calls me an hour later on my cell and tells me that the tool they need to change the rim to prevent it from being scratched is at their other dealership but now it is too close to closing time to get it over to their dealership. I could bring the car back during next week.

Well, today I call and ask if they have the needed tool and could bring the car in again. The SA then tells me that "the guy that has the tool won't be in until Monday". WTH!!!

So now this that long story turned into a long story, you can see why I am so frustated.

I ordered it myself. I'm so frustated with this dealer. I have one other issue in that one of my rims was damaged on delivery. Took about 5 weeks for them to get it for me. They tried to get Ford to pay for it under warranty first, then the transport company, and then finally new car sales paid for it and ordered it. Well the rim is supposed to be in. I made an appointment last Sat (and btw I live an 1 1/2 hr. drive from the delear) to drop the car off at the dealer. The SA then calls me an hour later on my cell and tells me that the tool they need to change the rim to prevent it from being scratched is at their other dealership but now it is too close to closing time to get it over to their dealership. I could bring the car back during next week.

Well, today I call and ask if they have the needed tool and could bring the car in again. The SA then tells me that "the guy that has the tool won't be in until Monday". WTH!!!

So now this that long story turned into a long story, you can see why I am so frustated.

Sorry to hear man. My selling dealer was awful. Luckily I have found another dealer with a great advisor, mechanic, and foreman. I have to hook these guys up somehow.

Wow! Disappointing the run around by both your dealer and Ford. That paper filter along with the rest of the 2010 GT500 is all Ford parts. Shelby has nothing to do with the parts or distribution. Customer service should have known that. Even the Shelby's that go to Vegas (KR, SGT, GT-H), use mostly Ford Racing parts (including air filters), which is STILL Ford. Ridiculous.

As an earlier poster mentioned, that blue Ford Racing filter looks like an oiled cotton filter. If it has wire mesh, it is. They can be re-oiled and will last much longer than the original paper filter.

Wow! Disappointing the run around by both your dealer and Ford. That paper filter along with the rest of the 2010 GT500 is all Ford parts. Shelby has nothing to do with the parts or distribution. Customer service should have known that. Even the Shelby's that go to Vegas (KR, SGT, GT-H), use mostly Ford Racing parts (including air filters), which is STILL Ford. Ridiculous.

As an earlier poster mentioned, that blue Ford Racing filter looks like an oiled cotton filter. If it has wire mesh, it is. They can be re-oiled and will last much longer than the original paper filter.

Tipsco the difference is for the shelby modded vehicles the warranty parts+labor is charged to SAI.

Respectfully,

Roger

Archived