TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Foreign Assembly Plant has Released the Imported Vehicle

jrichard

I called customer service today and the rep told me her screen said "Foreign assembly plant has released the imported vehicle." I had her read it back twice and she said that's all her screen had re: useful information except for showning an ETA to the dealer of 1/8/07.

Is this the same as "Gate Release" of release to ship?

The last time I called was last Friday, and my status was still "bucked." I wasn't going to bother calling until next week, but then I saw Rob posted that his status had changed... :banana piano:

released from foreign plant means your car now has stripes & has been sent back to the autoport (shipping dock holding area) it will now be QC one more time & if it passed the QC checks for striping it will then get released to be scheduled for shipment either by semi-truck (if within 300 miles of their or by rail, then thats when you get released from gate after its been loaded & on its way to the dealer)

The Mazda plant across the street where the stripes are applied is the "foreign plant." Being released from foreign plant means your stripes are complete and the car is sent back across the street to be loaded and shipped (or held for quality issues as many have experienced).

pretzel...when you mention "held for quality issues as many have experienced", do you have details on this? I think mine is stuck in that mode...but not sure why.

Thanks,

Dave

There are a bunch of cars at flat rock sitting because ford discovered a defect in the e-brake cables on a few cars already on the road. they are holding all of them until they can get new-updated cables installed. i was told last week that even though car production is down until after the first, there are people working on getting these units upfitted and shipped.

There are a bunch of cars at flat rock sitting because ford discovered a defect in the e-brake cables on a few cars already on the road. they are holding all of them until they can get new-updated cables installed. i was told last week that even though car production is down until after the first, there are people working on getting these units upfitted and shipped.

ok...it's starting to make sense.

I guess that got cgoeschel's car upfitted already....thus his delivery. However, my status has now changed to EBCH. Emergency Brake Cable Hold. :banghead:

I called customer service today and the rep told me her screen said "Foreign assembly plant has released the imported vehicle." I had her read it back twice and she said that's all her screen had re: useful information except for showning an ETA to the dealer of 1/8/07.

Is this the same as "Gate Release" of release to ship?

The last time I called was last Friday, and my status was still "bucked." I wasn't going to bother calling until next week, but then I saw Rob posted that his status had changed... :banana piano:

The Ford computers had not been updated untill today. They sat dormant from 12/14 to 12/26 on my car. I wonder if all computers updates were held for 12 calender days? I went from Sub to plant to scheduled today with an ETA of 1/29 to 2/5.

The Ford computers had not been updated untill today. They sat dormant from 12/14 to 12/26 on my car. I wonder if all computers updates were held for 12 calender days? I went from Sub to plant to scheduled today with an ETA of 1/29 to 2/5.

Rob, how do you know they had not been updated? Is it just because your car's status didn't change?

Dave

Rob, how do you know they had not been updated? Is it just because your car's status didn't change?

Dave

If you ask them, they will tell you the last "maitnence date" on the system. That is their term for update. I ask that every time I call. If you ask them "When will it get updated next" they will tell you on Thursday night typically. This is not always the case but is sometimes true.

I called every day for 8 days and asked this question each time to verify it.

If you ask them, they will tell you the last "maitnence date" on the system. That is their term for update. I ask that every time I call. If you ask them "When will it get updated next" they will tell you on Thursday night typically. This is not always the case but is sometimes true.

Ok, thanks. Now go look at the movies in my new thread. :hysterical:

:redcard: They told me Tuesdays for when it gets updated :finger:

• 3 weeks later...

Does the dealer always know (or have the ability to know) if the car has been loaded on a train? It seems some folks (and dealers) have been "surprised" by the car just showing up earlier or later than the ETA.

My dealer has been sending me a copy from Conceps (I believe) of a report showing an ETA of 1/17/07...with no changes for a couple of weeks now. Last week, he said he called his Ford rep and was told the car is still on that schedule. But he says he doesn't have a rail car number. During that same time, Ford CS has moved the ETA from 1/8 to 1/22-1/29.

How do I know when the car has been loaded on a train?

Does the dealer always know (or have the ability to know) if the car has been loaded on a train? It seems some folks (and dealers) have been "surprised" by the car just showing up earlier or later than the ETA.

My dealer has been sending me a copy from Conceps (I believe) of a report showing an ETA of 1/17/07...with no changes for a couple of weeks now. Last week, he said he called his Ford rep and was told the car is still on that schedule. But he says he doesn't have a rail car number. During that same time, Ford CS has moved the ETA from 1/8 to 1/22-1/29.

How do I know when the car has been loaded on a train?

I think you'll get mixed answers on this. The dealer SHOULD know, but mine didn't either. Supposedly, in the status field on the CONCEPTS system, it will show the railcar number once it's been assigned. However, not all people have found this to be true.

I'm sure others will weigh in. Mine never went on a rail car...I'm in southern Indiana.

Dave

Archived