TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Happened To The Sky Was Falling?

MM just posted that he has two more allocations for the 2010 GT500 so my question is what was the end result of all those the sky is falling posts a month or so ago saying that Ford was stopping production or that production was limited to xxx amount of orders and that Ford already had thousands of unfilled orders for the car.

People were even quoting a fax or something from Ford as proof that production was done for the 2010 model year. Many of us questioned that it just didn't sound right but everyone kept saying they had proof in that fax said so.

So what's the latest on GT500 production?

Steve

No idea as to the validity of that "memo" that was posted. But facts are facts...there's been over 2,000 coupes built already in this model year...and nearly 1,000 convertibles. Production is definitely cut from years past..but not as bad as some were scaring us into believing.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. So it appears production is fine and anyone and everyone that wants a 2010 GT500 will be served. Sounds good to me.

Steve

I wouldn't say everyone has been severed that wants one. The production issues at the beginning turned off some buyers. Don't even get me started on build quality....

I was told by a someone at the AA factory that the MEMO was incorrect. I was told to let everyone on here know that it was incorrect, but some felt that thier info was better than mine and they just kept running with it!

I would think production will end up in the 5K range. This is only a guess. Its lower than the first two years, but higher than 09

MM

I tend to agree with you on the 5k total production...of course I'm not "in the know" with Ford. But I'm the resident (all-be-it self appointed) production numbers guru! :spiteful: Looks like it will keep trending up.

I'm going to have the current up to the week production numbers on the coupes very soon.....quite a jump from the 1900 I accounted for previously.

To be honest I think I said the number would be close to 9K for 2010, but I have revised that number. I might still be wrong but thats the way it looks.

And Im not in the know. I get info from folks when the decided that it need to be put on TS to set the record straight. Yall dont know how many questions I have asked and got NO COMMENT or I cant discuss that right now!!! I ask and if I get an answer thats great, if not so be it.

MM

To be honest I think I said the number would be close to 9K for 2010, but I have revised that number. I might still be wrong but thats the way it looks.

And Im not in the know. I get info from folks when the decided that it need to be put on TS to set the record straight. Yall dont know how many questions I have asked and got NO COMMENT or I cant discuss that right now!!! I ask and if I get an answer thats great, if not so be it.

MM

I doubt it will be close to 9k. I barely see any other 2010 GT500s. They are few and far between. I saw a lot more 07 GT500s on the streets when they first came out.

I doubt it will be close to 9k. I barely see any other 2010 GT500s. They are few and far between. I saw a lot more 07 GT500s on the streets when they first came out.

I have to say that I've only seen one other shelby in my neck of the woods since '07 - being actually driven. They are just rare for sure.

Well, we had our allocation cut big time at the dealership I work at. We've been a full line SVT dealer since 1992 when the '93's came out. We had 6 '07 GT500's, 5 '08's, 4 '09's, and now just 2 '10's. We had to tell #3 and #4 customers that their '10's wouldn't ever get built so they could place orders elsewhere. We get no more '10's here. Our 1st '10 came & went quickly, but we have a Grabber Blue (white stripe) '10 Coupe on sale below MSRP currently, but that's all for this model year here. I'm hoping 2011 brings more allocation and an improved car.

For this extremely limited production car there are 2 within 20 miles of me. Both Kona blue with silver stripes. I live in a town of about 9,000. The neighboring car is in a town of 25,000. I called BS on this dealer spread rumour from the start as it was a way too spread fallacies to jack up prices. Consumers never learn! No way production of this vehicle is any where 2,000 when I am in the middle of nowhere and there are 2 at dealer lots within 20 miles from my house.

For this extremely limited production car there are 2 within 20 miles of me. Both Kona blue with silver stripes. I live in a town of about 9,000. The neighboring car is in a town of 25,000. I called BS on this dealer spread rumour from the start as it was a way too spread fallacies to jack up prices. Consumers never learn! No way production of this vehicle is any where 2,000 when I am in the middle of nowhere and there are 2 at dealer lots within 20 miles from my house.

Well I was never one to say that the production was only going to be 2K!

I had four allocation this year and they were PRESOLD. I was told I wouldnt get anymore! I have been taking other dealers allocations so that I could get extra cars. I think Im up 13 GT500s this year. Not all of them are sold, but I will have owned 13 NEW GT500s in 2010.

I have been putting orders in so that when I get an allocation from another dealer our Zone Mgr can have an order to work off of. I give her the order number and she copies it and orders it thru the other dealer. That way I get exactly what I want!

Well I never delete the orders that I put in. I know that Im not getting anymore allocation. Last night FORD pulled TWO more! So instead of 4 units this year Ford gave me 6 units!!! I hope with all the GT500s I sell this year that 2011 allocation will be higher the the orginal 4!

Again I think the numbers will be lower than 07-08 per year, but more than 09!

MM

Okay, let me say this, as your post referred DIRECTLY to me, as I was the one who posted the pdf file back in July about 2000 cars total! The "rumor" you so put it, was NOT a rumor, but information given to be,AT THE TIME, by our "informed" rep. She handed me a paper, that showed us the allocation and production info on all different vehicles, not just GT500s. When she came in and said, your 1st car will be your only car, and shows me that sheet, I figured I would post it to let others know on here, why their order may be cancelled. GUESS WHAT? Some members had their orders cancelled!

I NEVER did this to "jack up prices" as you so put it. My car was sold to Zeindog, a TS member at MSRP!! And he ordered the car back in January!! So think again if you think I did it for "financial" gains or for "press"! BELIEVE ME, I am SO GLAD I didn't post my dealership name in the thread back then! Was my rep wrong with the information that I was given? ULTIMATELY YES!! Without a doubt! Was that my fault it was wrong? NOT A CHANCE!! Are there more than 2,000 cars built? Sure are!! Is there gonna be the same build total as 2007 or 2008? Don't think so by a decent number!

If you think I am some fly-by-night salesperson, trying to make a name for myself, THINK AGAIN! Michael Morris and I had a long talk the day I posted that information. He's an awesome dude! He has my vote!! My track record is solid when it comes to customer service information on Mustang forums just ask Brian Five Oh, as he is a fellow member on TMS with me. He knows I don't lie and don't make up "dealer BS". Sorry to rant, but when someone posts the word "dealer BS" when they refer to my thread about build total, I get a little testy.

Edited by 06VistaBlueGT

Okay, let me say this, as your post is aimed DIRECTLY to me, as I was the one who posted the pdf file back in July about 2000 cars total! The "rumor" you so put it, was NOT a rumor, but information given to be,AT THE TIME, by our "informed" rep. She handed me a paper, that showed us the allocation and production info on all different vehicles, not just GT500s. When she came in and said, your 1st car will be your only car, and shows me that sheet, I figured I would post it to let others know on here, why their order may be cancelled. GUESS WHAT? Some members had their orders cancelled!

I NEVER did this to "jack up prices" as you so put it. My car was sold to Zeindog, a TS member at MSRP!! And he ordered the car back in January!! So think again if you think I did it for "financial" gains or for "press"! BELIEVE ME, I am SO GLAD I didn't post my dealership name in the thread back then! Was my rep wrong with the information that I was given? ULTIMATELY YES!! Without a doubt! Was that my fault it was wrong? NOT A CHANCE!! Are there more than 2,000 cars built? Sure are!! Is there gonna be the same build total as 2007 or 2008? Don't think so by a decent number!

If you think I am some fly-by-night salesperson, trying to make a name for myself, THINK AGAIN! Michael Morris and I had a long talk the day I posted that information. He's an awesome dude! He has my vote!! My track record is solid when it comes to customer service information on Mustang forums just ask Brian Five Oh, as he is a fellow member on TMS with me. He knows I don't lie and don't make up "dealer BS". Sorry to rant, but when someone posts the word "dealer BS" when they refer to my thread about build total, I get a little testy.

After our talk I realized you just posted what you were TOLD!! The only reason I knew anything different was because someone called and TOLD me!

Most info is only as good as the person that we get it from. Dont blame the messenger in this case. I know he didnt do it to run up his price. He just wanted everyone to know that he had been TOLD that the production was cut and if anyone wanted a car that they might have to go ahead and make plans to get it.

Since then we have found out other wise, but his post was made to be HELPFUL and that is ALL!

Now what other dealers did with the WRONG info is something I have no control over. Did some dealers use the false info for gain? Im sure of it!

MM

After our talk I realized you just posted what you were TOLD!! The only reason I knew anything different was because someone called and TOLD me!

Most info is only as good as the person that we get it from. Dont blame the messenger in this case. I know he didnt do it to run up his price. He just wanted everyone to know that he had been TOLD that the production was cut and if anyone wanted a car that they might have to go ahead and make plans to get it.

Since then we have found out other wise, but his post was made to be HELPFUL and that is ALL!

Now what other dealers did with the WRONG info is something I have no control over. Did some dealers use the false info for gain? Im sure of it!

MM

Thank you VERY MUCH for the support Michael! I REALLY appreciate it. I just hate it when people make half-a$$ed comments about my info when they don't even know me as a person and what I'm all about. Your a class act 110% and I only wish we were closer so I could by you a beer one night and swap sales stories! :shift:

Okay, let me say this, as your post referred DIRECTLY to me, as I was the one who posted the pdf file back in July about 2000 cars total!

Not sure about the intentions of "94gt" and who his comments were directed at...But there were people reporting on here..long after you posted the memo that dealers were still saying only a 1,000 or 2,000 limited run - maybe that's what he is referring to. To tell you the truth hearing those things were 80% of the reason why I started to pull all the window stickers on the 2010's - just to get a real world idea of how many cars there were - so no one would fall prey to the mark up / limited production tactic of 1,000 or 2,000 cars.

For what it's worth and I know it probably doesn't matter - but I believe your intentions were honest. But you can understand how people have to be suspicious of anyone on the internet who you don't actually know. People can say anything.

My point was the memo never came from Ford. Which it clearly did not. It was created at the dealership level. Micheal you wisely disputed the claim so no this was not aimed at you at all. You have to admit though this scam which went from beyond the forums to reputible sites like themustangnews.com and others got a scary amount of press for such blatent misinformation.

My point was the memo never came from Ford. Which it clearly did not. It was created at the dealership level. Micheal you wisely disputed the claim so no this was not aimed at you at all. You have to admit though this scam which went from beyond the forums to reputible sites like themustangnews.com and others got a scary amount of press for such blatent misinformation.

why not having that memo out to boost sales...worked before it is working now and it will work tomorrow....scare tactics for boosting sale...here i am starting one now:

run guys and lock 2011 they will make no more v8...it will be only V6 in 2012 on..........RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, if I take your comment above as its stated, your really PI$$ING ME OFF!! By what you typed, your saying that the memo that I posted back in July was "created at the dealership level", and didn't come from Ford?!! Are you saying I created the memo? I sure as heck hope your not?!! If you think I did, I have two words for you.....PROVE IT!!! Why would I give a dang about what other dealers get for GT500s? I had one to sell and by the time the memo came out, the GT500 I had was PRESOLD AT MSRP back in January!! I hope your not insinuating I tried to pull "a fast one"!! I'll tell you for the last time, the memo was GIVEN TO ME from our REGIONAL FORD REP, who comes in each month for wholesale orders and tells us what is new to order! What is so hard about this to understand & comprehend!!!

Oh, and Michael Morris DID dispute the claim, ONLY AFTER someone higher up called him about it. He knew what I posted was genuine and we talked personally about it!!

Edited by 06VistaBlueGT

Okay, if I take your comment above as its stated, your really PI$$ING ME OFF!! By what you typed, your saying that the memo that I posted back in July was "created at the dealership level", and didn't come from Ford?!! Are you saying I created the memo? I sure as heck hope your not?!! If you think I did, I have two words for you.....PROVE IT!!! Why would I give a dang about what other dealers get for GT500s? I had one to sell and by the time the memo came out, the GT500 I had was PRESOLD AT MSRP back in January!! I hope your not insinuating I tried to pull "a fast one"!! I'll tell you for the last time, the memo was GIVEN TO ME from our REGIONAL FORD REP, who comes in each month for wholesale orders and tells us what is new to order! What is so hard about this to understand & comprehend!!!

Oh, and Michael Morris DID dispute the claim, ONLY AFTER someone higher up called him about it. He knew what I posted was genuine and we talked personally about it!!

I ordered my 2010 in mid October of this year with a large deposit and was told I'd probably see the car sometime in January. Toward the end of Oct., just two weeks later, my salesman called me and told me my order would not be filled because Ford had stopped accepting ANY new orders for 2010 GT500s. Therefore the dealer, with the help of a Ford rep was going to locate the exact car I wanted which they did within a week. I don't know when the order bank for 2010's will close or if it has already closed as my local dealer told me it had. Just wanted to share my own recent personal experience..

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. So it appears production is fine and anyone and everyone that wants a 2010 GT500 will be served. Sounds good to me.

Steve

Demand is down the market has been saturated, ADM is out of the picture and although the new body style is appealing its just not drawing in as much as the prior style.

Demand is down the market has been saturated, ADM is out of the picture and although the new body style is appealing its just not drawing in as much as the prior style.

I don't know about the ADM thing though.............the dealer where I got mine (and did NOT pay ADM) sold 2 at $10K over sticker - the last one about a month ago. Still looks like production is going to be almost 1/2 of previous years.

Edited by 2sharpie