TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insurance Premium Question....

shelby chris

It must be where you live, cuz I'm only a few hours south of you. In fact, we almost went to Vegas for ice cream today, but that didn't happen.

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

I actually passed on the info for the G/O Shelby to dtharmon and I haven't heard from him since. Maybe he's out buying a car...

Wish mine would get here. I've been waiting since I saw it in a magazine in May '05.

I'm on the verge of giving up!

Karen

Don't give up. Hang in there.

How much was the GO ???

Don't give up. Hang in there.

How much was the GO ???

I don't know, I wasn't interested, but after seeing the pic's of cgoeschel's car, I might just change my mind. It's not the color I pictured. Guess I need to see it. My next free day to go to the dealer is Saturday. That's right, I've never been to the dealer, do it all over the phone.

I think their price is somewhere around $68,000 out the door. And that is cheap around here. Some ADMs around here are $30,000, and people are paying it! I'm crazy, not stupid. I won't pay $30,000 over!

Karen

I don't know, I wasn't interested, but after seeing the pic's of cgoeschel's car, I might just change my mind. It's not the color I pictured. Guess I need to see it. My next free day to go to the dealer is Saturday. That's right, I've never been to the dealer, do it all over the phone.

I think their price is somewhere around $68,000 out the door. And that is cheap around here. Some ADMs around here are $30,000, and people are paying it! I'm crazy, not stupid. I won't pay $30,000 over!

Karen

cgoeschel's car - Chris is his name, is a great example of what GO looks like. It is the most awesome color IMO.

You GO Girl. :hyper:

Thanks Grabber! Hope to have some more good pics for you all again VERY soon!!

I just typed in Grundy Insurance on my browser and got an instant on line quote of 930 per year. They will be calling me with the details. Sounds too good to be true. we'll see.

I just typed in Grundy Insurance on my browser and got an instant on line quote of 930 per year. They will be calling me with the details. Sounds too good to be true. we'll see.

I just checked with Grundy and they were considerably higher than my current policy with State Farm. SF is not that great on rates for new policies but after you have been with them for a few years, they make it real tough to leave. :hyper:

One topic I haven't seen discussed yet is what owners are paying for insurance on these cars. I haven't called my agent yet to get a price on mine (I'm almost afraid to !!!) What can you guys tell us???Curious how the premium compares to , say, your pick-up or the wife's passenger car/minivan.

I have mine insured with Hagerty for agreed value 60,000 on the same policy I have a 68 Mustang coupe

that is been restored and I pay 1,100 a year. Only Kicker is I cant drive more than 3000 miles a year.

HEY GRABBER IT IS TRUE I DID MY HOME WORK ON CAR INS I THINK I GOT A DAM GOOD PRICE I HOPE U ALL CHECK THIS OUT U SAVE AND CAN STILL GO PLAY MY BROTHER HAS A 1966 SHELBY 427 AND IS PAYING $1200 A YEAR FOR $10000 OF INS NOT BAD CALL GRUNDY AND SEE IF IM NOT RIGHT

HEY GRABBER IT IS TRUE I DID MY HOME WORK ON CAR INS I THINK I GOT A DAM GOOD PRICE I HOPE U ALL CHECK THIS OUT U SAVE AND CAN STILL GO PLAY MY BROTHER HAS A 1966 SHELBY 427 AND IS PAYING $1200 A YEAR FOR $10000 OF INS NOT BAD CALL GRUNDY AND SEE IF IM NOT RIGHT

Is the miles limit 3000 a year. ? on yours.

Rob, I may want to talk to you about this later. I have an online quote from them too. However, I know that with insurance, the devil is in the details...which you can't get until you actually get the policy. I'd like to know if there are any "gotchas" in their policy.

Dave

Rob, I may want to talk to you about this later. I have an online quote from them too. However, I know that with insurance, the devil is in the details...which you can't get until you actually get the policy. I'd like to know if there are any "gotchas" in their policy.

Dave

I will post what I learn.

Honestly, I believe it's the color no one wants as it was offered to me and I turned it down. I've been working with this dealer for three weeks and as far as I know it's still on the lot.

My dream would be blue/white, but that one was sold (he had already bought three Ford GT's) and so was the white/blue. Mine will be Alloy/Silver (if it ever gets here). It looks good as I have a VIN #.

We won't even discuss the dealer I HAD been working with for the four months previous...

BTW, my insurance quote was with the VIN #. I don't believe it, it's way too low. I'll believe when I get the policy!

Karen

Karen;

Welcome aboard Vista Blue with white stripe is a great colour, Hang in there & don`t give up You have to see the cars to really appreciate them no matter what colour you choose. Good Luck

I,am in the Ins business here in AZ.

Always ask for the low milage plan. I only drive mine on weekends.

I decided to go with possible two other companies, now these companies usually have a LIMIT

on annual miles.

Parish Headcock- 1-800-274--1804 -( They my older Shelbys)

Grundy 1-888-380-6663

Collector car 1-800-787-7637

American Collectors 1-800-360-2277

Good Luck Billy

Are you letting them drive it? :finger:

..not yet, neither has ever driven a manual. I am going to teach them on neighborhood roads (several miles paved) with me in the passenger seat. Don't know if i will ever just let them go off by themselves in it. I am trying to treat this as a practical car, right now it is sitting in my work parking lot, with a car on either side of it, not much choice if I am going to get a lot of use out of it.

John

Don't know about the States, but in Canada, the Insurance Co's always take into account the Young Drivers in the family. There is always the chance that....................! Yu'know!

..amen on the yu'know. When I was 15 (driving age was 16) my parents drove to another city to shop for the day, and left me the keys to the 69 olds 442 so I could pull it into the garage and wax it. Barely got it back into the garage from driving it around before they showed back up. :doh:

Archived