TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insurance Premium Question....

shelby chris

One topic I haven't seen discussed yet is what owners are paying for insurance on these cars. I haven't called my agent yet to get a price on mine (I'm almost afraid to !!!) What can you guys tell us???Curious how the premium compares to , say, your pick-up or the wife's passenger car/minivan.

State Farm - $350 every six months 42yrs old and accident free.

I called my agent, State Farm, and to add the 500 it will be 480/6 mo. To help put this in perspective I pay about 300/6 mo on my 06 F150 and 240/6 mo on my 95 GT and 280/6 mo on my Alero. I have a $0 ded on comprehensive and $250 on collision. I am 30 and have been ticket free for about 8 years. I also have my homeowners with them which gives me a discount.

I have been with them since I was 19 and started buying motorcycles. I only went to them because their bike policy was based on the engine size not entirely on the model. This made buying sport bikes affordable for me. I was only paying 40/month for my R1 when I was 24-25.

It also helps that my agent kicks A..! She is always looking for ways to save me money or get me more coverage for the same cash.

Hope it helps.

I called state farm and my premiums will be about 780/six mos. I have life, accident free multicar, and home with them. The one ticket I had was plead no lo. I need to change agents :banghead:

Is yours a daily driver to work with more than 7500 miles per year?

250 ded comp

500 ded collision

Mine is not a daily driver, less than 7500 per year.

That makes me feel a little better. I have the safe driving training discount too. My employer requires it and it gives me a 5% rate discount to boot.

I pay more than that on each of my two family sedans! I think they insured you on a wild stallion.

I called state farm and my premiums will be about 780/six mos. I have life, accident free multicar, and home with them. The one ticket I had was plead no lo. I need to change agents :banghead:

250 ded comp

500 ded collision

Two other variables not yet mentioned are deductibles and replacement value.

I've got coverage from State Farm (<7,500 mi/yr) for 374/6 mos. But my deductible is 1k. (ins on this car for me is the old fashioned "catastrophic" safety net, because it's not a daily driver). Over 40; house & multi-car; accident/ticket free....

I triple checked the replacement value of the car and my agent said it was 70k.

250 ded comp

500 ded collision

I have my GT500 with State Farm and pay $646/six mos. Drive less than 7500 miles/yr, $100 ded comprehensive, $500 ded collision; multiple vehicles, over 50, no other drivers, no tickets. Living in Calif probably keeps our rates up higher than most of the other states or I am being ripped off.

I have my GT500 with State Farm and pay $646/six mos. Drive less than 7500 miles/yr, $100 ded comprehensive, $500 ded collision; multiple vehicles, over 50, no other drivers, no tickets. Living in Calif probably keeps our rates up higher than most of the other states or I am being ripped off.

I'm in metro Atlanta, so maybe my rates are high b/c of so many drive by shootings.

it will always depend upon your coverage, where you live and what your driving record it. It will be more expensive than other cars obviously because it is a high performance vehicle. Insurance companies didn't get profitable by being ignorant. that said, AAA charges me 85 dollars per month (I store it for 4 months per year at neglible cost) when I drive it. Over 40, multiple discount, no accidents, NOT a dailydrive, less than 7500 miles per year, living near the D (Detroit) 550 deductible

I'm with State Farm as well--almost exactly the same deal as scgt5c.

CC

I've got coverage from State Farm (<7,500 mi/yr) for 374/6 mos. But my deductible is 1k. (ins on this car for me is the old fashioned "catastrophic" safety net, because it's not a daily driver). Over 40; house & multi-car; accident/ticket free....

I too am with State Farm. In Houston metro area, 500ded I pay $65 a month. Was 52 for our 05 GT so not that bad. THere is really no need for gap insurance on this car unless you paid a very large ADM and financed it.

One topic I haven't seen discussed yet is what owners are paying for insurance on these cars. I haven't called my agent yet to get a price on mine (I'm almost afraid to !!!) What can you guys tell us???Curious how the premium compares to , say, your pick-up or the wife's passenger car/minivan.

I don't think you'll get anything meaningful from this...there are too many variables. If the "wife's passenger car" is two years older...then the rates will be different regardless. If the wife drives a shorter distance to work than what you state for the GT500...then hers will be less as well. Since this car may be an ADDITIONAL vehicle rather than a replacement vehicle, it may get a slightly lower rate than if it were the 2nd vehicle.

I think the only way to get a true picture is to ask your insurance company...when you call...what would the exact same insurance cost for a _______ rather than the GT500?

Dave

And another variable not mentioned is the comp max limits. I have a $1M Executive Umbrella policy. This REQUIRES that I maintian $500k coverage rather than the more typical 100/300. This raises my rates over what others may be paying.

Way too many variables.

Dave

OK, here goes my first post, although I've been lurking for weeks.

I have Farmers and my quote is $345/6 months. This will be a pleasure car only and the sixth car on our policy. Obviously I have a multi-car discount, homeowners discount and a $1 million umbrella policy. The deductible for comp/coll will be $1000. It will also cover all drivers in the household (not that anyone will be driving it).

Now if I could only get the car in my garage. It is stuck in that "two week" twilight zone. My delivery date was supposed to be December 6th. As far as I know it's still at the plant.

Grabber,

My dealer has an orange GT500 he can't get rid of. Let me know if you're interested.

Karen

Honestly, I believe it's the color no one wants as it was offered to me and I turned it down. I've been working with this dealer for three weeks and as far as I know it's still on the lot.

My dream would be blue/white, but that one was sold (he had already bought three Ford GT's) and so was the white/blue. Mine will be Alloy/Silver (if it ever gets here). It looks good as I have a VIN #.

We won't even discuss the dealer I HAD been working with for the four months previous...

BTW, my insurance quote was with the VIN #. I don't believe it, it's way too low. I'll believe when I get the policy!

Karen

Honestly, I believe it's the color no one wants as it was offered to me and I turned it down. I've been working with this dealer for three weeks and as far as I know it's still on the lot.

My dream would be blue/white, but that one was sold (he had already bought three Ford GT's) and so was the white/blue. Mine will be Alloy/Silver (if it ever gets here). It looks good as I have a VIN #.

We won't even discuss the dealer I HAD been working with for the four months previous...

BTW, my insurance quote was with the VIN #. I don't believe it, it's way too low. I'll believe when I get the policy!

Karen

Is it GO/wh or tungsten? If white, what is the asking price?

Thanks,

D

Karen

You have great taste in color choices Karen...same as mine. :happy feet:

250 ded comp

500 ded collision

It's not a daily driver. I've got a $1,000.00 ded. comp & collision. It's the only car I have insured with State Farm. All my other vehicles are with an agent who couldn't find an underwriter for this car. Won't be much longer though.

Grabber,

My dealer has an orange GT500 he can't get rid of. Let me know if you're interested.

Karen

Karen,

Thanks for the offer, but mine is in the works and I should have it in 5 weeks or so.

How long has your dealer been sitting on that GO GT500 and what's the price?

It must be High if he can't sell it!

I forgot, Welcome aboard and glad you found us and found the strength to make that 1st post.

Come back ya hear.

I have mine with Hagerty, 450 every 6 months and agreed value of $60K.

Chris

GRUNDY CAR INS HAS THE BEST RATES FOR OLD CARS AND SHELBYS IT CLASS IS CLASSIC COLLECTORS CARS I HAD MY 32 FORD AT HAGERTY THAN MY BROTHER SAID GRUNDY HAS BETTER RATES WOW I SAVE $400 ON MY SHELBY NOW I PAY $680 A YEAR FOR $65.000 ON MY CAR. PH IS GRUNDYS 18003384005

GRUNDY CAR INS HAS THE BEST RATES FOR OLD CARS AND SHELBYS IT CLASS IS CLASSIC COLLECTORS CARS I HAD MY 32 FORD AT HAGERTY THAN MY BROTHER SAID GRUNDY HAS BETTER RATES WOW I SAVE $400 ON MY SHELBY NOW I PAY $680 A YEAR FOR $65.000 ON MY CAR. PH IS GRUNDYS 18003384005

Thanks, I am going to call them for a estimate. How many miles can you drive it a year. ?

Well living in a 24/7 town with gambling/drinking/strip clubs/high crime rate...blah ..blah...

Ive got no accidents, no tickets, 36 yrs old. State Farm with 100 comp, 500 coll.....

206.16 PER MONTH!!! But hey...what goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas!! Right?

That must be why the city got the nick name "Sin City". :hysterical:

Well living in a 24/7 town with gambling/drinking/strip clubs/high crime rate...blah ..blah...

Ive got no accidents, no tickets, 36 yrs old. State Farm with 100 comp, 500 coll.....

206.16 PER MONTH!!! But hey...what goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas!! Right?

It must be where you live, cuz I'm only a few hours south of you. In fact, we almost went to Vegas for ice cream today, but that didn't happen.

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

I actually passed on the info for the G/O Shelby to dtharmon and I haven't heard from him since. Maybe he's out buying a car...

Wish mine would get here. I've been waiting since I saw it in a magazine in May '05.

I'm on the verge of giving up!

Karen

Archived