TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suggestions for exhaust

bonefish

Okay..one of my first mods will be exhaust...So..on my 04 Cobra...I got an exhaust that was from the headers back.....I thought I heard someone here say they got axle back....does that mean the stock..x pipe stays and all you are changing is everything after the x pipe? I thought it is best to change from hearders back..right? This would provide a freer flowing exhaust? Let me know

I want a loud throaty muscle car sound...so what would you suggest?

Also...rolled tips.....what size fits best? 4 inch?

Let me know please!! Sound clips would be nice!

Thanks!

I don't know how loud you want but prepare for the drone if you do go real loud. The drone is a killer. Here is a video of my setup. I have the PHRP H pipe and the KR mufflers. They are quiet when just cruising but they wake up nice and loud when you put the petal to the metal.

Edited by VaporDude

Sound pretty good VaporDude......I may have to look at that one setup...how much did it cost ya?

A little more than $500 for the mufflers and the H pipe was a promotion from PHRP. I can contact PHRP for you if you like with a price. The H pipe gives a slightly lower exhaust note and takes the raspiness out of the sound. You also need to look at getting a CAI and tune. I got the FRPP CAI and VMP tune.

Hmmm...I can't do it quite yet so, I 'll get back to you when I am ready. I appreciate the help for sure! I am probably looking at the first of the year before I do this,.

CAI and tune will come but, that is third in line after exhaust and lowering...cause..well I want it louder and lower first! LOL!

OK, sound and handling are first. Here are a couple of links for you on exhaust.

http://www.powerhouserp.com/index.php?rout...p;product_id=65

http://store.bvmperformance.com/Mustang_FR..._p/m-5230-s.htm

Here are the springs.

http://store.bvmperformance.com/2007_09_SV..._p/m-5300-l.htm

Tell them I sent you.

Okay..one of my first mods will be exhaust...So..on my 04 Cobra...I got an exhaust that was from the headers back.....I thought I heard someone here say they got axle back....does that mean the stock..x pipe stays and all you are changing is everything after the x pipe? I thought it is best to change from hearders back..right? This would provide a freer flowing exhaust? Let me know

I want a loud throaty muscle car sound...so what would you suggest?

Also...rolled tips.....what size fits best? 4 inch?

Let me know please!! Sound clips would be nice!

Thanks!

love my KR axle backs

After reading all the posts about the different mufflers and listening to sound clips, I decided on the SLP Loudmouths. Here is why I chose them.

Knowing I would change the mufflers, I crawled under the car and removed them. I started the car and instantly fell in love with the sound. Loud yes, but not overbearing. I drove the car like that for a few days and decided the SLP's would be the best for my taste. The price was right also ($325) Got them, put them on, and never looked back. Best sounding exhaust for a stock GT500 with no drone !

Went ahead and traded for a KR. Got both cars side by side and had both running. They sounded very similar with the SLP's being a bit louder. Have driven the KR for a bit and it sounds close to the SLP's but, not quite as loud.

So, if I were to chose an exhaust for a GT500, the SLP's would win out again.

Thanks all......

So far I do like the EDIT I meant KR here for clarification ones, Magnaflow, Borla and SLP. It's probably between those four. Listned to several sound clips...and hoping to hear some actual ones some time soon! I'll let you know....

I just know it will be soon..as she is way to quiet now!

Edited by bonefish

Thanks all......

So far I do like the FRPP ones, Magnaflow, Borla and SLP. It's probably between those four. Listned to several sound clips...and hoping to hear some actual ones some time soon! I'll let you know....

Here is a clip I just made yesterday with SLP loudmouths. I you check my youtube channel I have a couple more on there as well. They are actually pretty tame when just cruising and have no drone. Pretty loud at WOT but not obnoxious in my opinion.

Thanks all......

So far I do like the FRPP ones, Magnaflow, Borla and SLP. It's probably between those four. Listned to several sound clips...and hoping to hear some actual ones some time soon! I'll let you know....

We aim to help people out with whatever information they need. At the same, we also aim to confuse the hell out of people with too much information. :headscratch:

Thanks VaporDude...actuallly I have reviewed it with my installer and it is now down to FRPP and Borla...

If you decide on an FRPP exhausT, I have the SGTs for sale.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9872

See post below. But I switched to the Roush Extreme Off Road cat back exhaust and like that better. The Roush website has sound clips if you decide to look at that system.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49008