TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shopping for a new car for the wife...

motorjock205

Wife has a 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited that she bought last year...nice car, but with all that has been going on in the economy and such, she has decided to keep her allegiance with Ford...so she wanted to go look at a 2010 Mustang GT...Dealer wants to steal the Sonata from us offering us only $14,000 for it and the payoff is just over $20,000...but the dealer wants full sticker for their GT too...They finally came up with another 3,000 for our car, but I'm just not going to take a beating on the almost new Sonata Limited that only had 12,000 miles on it...Now they are trying to talk us into buying a V6 and still paying more monthly than what the Sonata runs us...Sonata Limited cars are selling for about $24,000 in our area, and I think that asking them to pay off our car leaves them making $4,000 profit and that is plenty not to mention what they make off of the new GT that we want to buy...but Nooooooo, they are sticking by their guns and so are we....Sad, we really would like to have another Mustang in the stable...I just don't know why it has to be so difficult...I guess the Shelby GT will just have to look at the Sonata for a while longer...LOL

Wife has a 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited that she bought last year...nice car, but with all that has been going on in the economy and such, she has decided to keep her allegiance with Ford...so she wanted to go look at a 2010 Mustang GT...Dealer wants to steal the Sonata from us offering us only $14,000 for it and the payoff is just over $20,000...but the dealer wants full sticker for their GT too...They finally came up with another 3,000 for our car, but I'm just not going to take a beating on the almost new Sonata Limited that only had 12,000 miles on it...Now they are trying to talk us into buying a V6 and still paying more monthly than what the Sonata runs us...Sonata Limited cars are selling for about $24,000 in our area, and I think that asking them to pay off our car leaves them making $4,000 profit and that is plenty not to mention what they make off of the new GT that we want to buy...but Nooooooo, they are sticking by their guns and so are we....Sad, we really would like to have another Mustang in the stable...I just don't know why it has to be so difficult...I guess the Shelby GT will just have to look at the Sonata for a while longer...LOL

Have you tried another Ford dealer?????? I would ,better deals are out there. Good Luck

Unless you have money that you absolutely have to spend....stick with the Sonata...its brand new...better to be sensible during these times..

Just my .02

You're probably right...she just likes the new Mustangs and since Ford didn't take any bail out money, wanted to support them more than Hyundai now...It's in great shape, just not what she wants now...at the time she bought it, her Jeep Grand Cherokee was eating gas like nobody's business and it was during the highest gas prices of last year...We would like to have two cars that we plan on keeping for a long while...

You might see what it's worth, look here http://www.kbb.com/

A new car will loose most of it's value the 1st year. Can sell it yourself?

I think we could sell it for a little more than what we owe on it without a problem, and I know the dealer could...I just think they are trying to be greedy and that turns me off...

Carl,

follow this link. Billingsley FLM Lawton, Ok

(580) 536-3325 Ask for Ricky High. Tell them your a Shelby friend of mine. They also own the local Hyundai lot. If you want I will call them and tell them to expect your call. Ricky is the sales manager and a close friend of mine.

Chris

Carl,

follow this link. Billingsley FLM Lawton, Ok

(580) 536-3325 Ask for Ricky High. Tell them your a Shelby friend of mine. They also own the local Hyundai lot. If you want I will call them and tell them to expect your call. Ricky is the sales manager and a close friend of mine.

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris, I checked their inventory on the link that you sent, and didn't see a vehicle like what we were looking at here...She's looking for the dark Gray GT with Sync, the two tone Stone Interior and the 18" aluminum wheels and automatic...we couldn't find the wheels on the car we liked here and they refused to change any wheels out at all...They had one that had everything but the wheels and it had the 19" wheels on it...

I may give your guy a call on Monday anyway, just to see what he might offer on the Hyundai...I'm sure he could find the car I'm looking for if we could even come close on the trade...

Thanks,

Carl

Unfortunately the Hyundai still has one of the worst resales. They have improved their cars a great deal, but the resale has not caught up yet. I would stick it out until at least the new Stangs have rebates. Believe me, big rebates will come, especially when the new engine comes out, you will get a leftover for nothing. I was not aware a New Sonata went for $24k after discounts and rebates, the prices must have went up. I went through my years of being upside down on cars and trading them in car after car, my advice is do NOT do that. It never ends, by the time all was said and done I probably could have had a Porsche 911 Turbo with all the money I wasted. I now only trade in cars that are paid in full, but I usually pay mine off in a few years.

Good luck

Well, the wife had taken today off from her teaching job, so we went to do a little Christmas shopping this morning and at around 10:00 AM she got a call from the dealer saying he had a sweet offer for her. She let him stew until early afternoon when she decided to go ahead and stop back by the dealership. She had originally been looking at a V6 Mustang, but thought she really wanted a GT...As we drove up, the salesman came out and said "Let me get that GT out for you so you can drive it again"...She drove it and said that was what she really wanted and wanted to know what the "sweet deal" was that the manager had come up with. We went inside and they did finally come up to a decent price on the trade that I could live with, so the 2008 Vista Blue Shelby GT now has a 2010 Sterling Gray Metalic GT as a stable mate. We picked her up this afternoon late, and I was able to grab a few shots of it before we put it to bed this evening...

Thanks to everyone for the words...I know we probably shouldn't have really done it, but hey, you only live once, and you can't take it with you, so what the heck!

post-19184-1257827352_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1257827465_thumb.jpg

Well, the wife had taken today off from her teaching job, so we went to do a little Christmas shopping this morning and at around 10:00 AM she got a call from the dealer saying he had a sweet offer for her. She let him stew until early afternoon when she decided to go ahead and stop back by the dealership. She had originally been looking at a V6 Mustang, but thought she really wanted a GT...As we drove up, the salesman came out and said "Let me get that GT out for you so you can drive it again"...She drove it and said that was what she really wanted and wanted to know what the "sweet deal" was that the manager had come up with. We went inside and they did finally come up to a decent price on the trade that I could live with, so the 2008 Vista Blue Shelby GT now has a 2010 Sterling Gray Metalic GT as a stable mate. We picked her up this afternoon late, and I was able to grab a few shots of it before we put it to bed this evening...

Thanks to everyone for the words...I know we probably shouldn't have really done it, but hey, you only live once, and you can't take it with you, so what the heck!

nice garage, and congratulations!!!!!

did you hear anything about the Track Pack option? I think thats what its called and I thought it consisted of 3.73 gears and revised springs, shocks, struts and brakes.

Laurence

nice garage, and congratulations!!!!!

did you hear anything about the Track Pack option? I think thats what its called and I thought it consisted of 3.73 gears and revised springs, shocks, struts and brakes.

Laurence

I had seen something about a track pack, but this one does not have anything that says that specificially....It did come with the Intake Cover, Solid Aluminum Strut Bar and the 19" wheels. The ambient lighting in it seems to be a lot more than what came in the SGT...I've noticed lights in the door handles and the lighted MUSTANG door sills too...Wife told me to NOT start thinking about how to mod this one, but I said "But honey, it needs some side scoops...it just looks too plain"...she said, "Well, OK, but that's it..." LOL We'll see what all she wants. I know she wants some stripes on it to give it kind of a GHOST stripe look...and I've already told her that we have to have fender stripes if it's going to be in the same stable as the SGT...

Thanks everyone for the congratulations...She is definately happy with the purchase, and I think after 5 cars and a motorcycle in 3 years now, we're done for a long time!!!

Good show! Congrats Carl, I wish I could rationalize an '10 GT for the wife.

Do you two plan on making it to Ennis this Saturday?

I'd love to come down this weekend, but I think she's pretty swamped with grading for this period before all of the holidays...she's been pretty stressed out this week with that and buying the new car...LOL Of course, I'd really like to get this new one on the strip to see what it'll do...I was greatly surprised at just how fast the Automatic Transmission shifts and how hard it shifts...I think this one would give the Shelby GT a run for it's money...I'd sure have to be on my toes shifting the SGT anyway, that's for sure!

On another note, this new 10 has a tube that runs from the air cleaner box back along the driver's strut and into the firewall...As it turns out, this tube allows intake noise into the cabin to enhance the "driving experience"...LOL Wonder just who thought that little thing up? I'll post some pics of it later...when I first saw it, I was like "WTF is this?"

The magic of a little photoshop adjustment...

Anyway....I was more interested in how the cars looked side by side from the back.

:lurk:

I do love the interior though!

Thanks Jeff, yeah, I still am not all that taken with the back end, but I guess it'll grow on me...The LED tail lights with the sequentials in them are nice and they did an LED 3rd brake light as well that is all RED like I would like to find for the SGT, but not having any luck on that one...

Yes, the interior is VERY nice...I definately like the two tone black and tan in this one!

Carl,

Nice ride - I'm sure you're wife will enjoy it.

I've been trying to convince my wife that we need another Mustang as a daily driver, but she won't go for it. Says the Iowa winters and RWD on the stang are a no go for her. Now if we could just get FORD to build an AWD stang I'be set!

Dave

Archived