TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Ford Visit?

Kvin C

I am going to be up in Newport, Rhode Island next week and may have a few hours down time.

While I haven't had the opportunity to go up for any of their shows (no less use their legendary mod services!)....is it worth a trip over to Tasca Ford on a plain old workday? Anything to see?

Kevin

I think so. Tasca has a pretty big mod shop and it's a large dealership. I've been there four times over the last year and have always seen plenty of different types of Mustangs. I don't know how much personal attention they'd pay you, but I think it's worth the visit.

Kevin C. too

Kevin and Kevin, I will be there Monday morning for an alignment. See you there if you're around that day.

Kevin (dig) if no plans tonight, I'll be hanging out in Providence with the Shelby. I'll give you a call to see if you want to hang out.

It's always fun to be there and there is lots of energy there. Just remember, that place is nothing but history.

Take a look at these threads to see more (and my website for that matter). One of the threads has lots of pics. It is always awesome just to hang out and look at all the cars out by the mod shop. Every time I go there I always take lots of pics. I still have dozens of pics to post.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32225

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...t=0#entry496722

Kevin and Kevin, I will be there Monday morning for an alignment. See you there if you're around that day.

Hey, thanks to all! I'm there.

Not sure of my schedule yet, but I would think either Monday around Noon or Tuesday in the mid-morning. Weather looks good, so I will probably drive the SGT up from New Yawk.

Thanks again.

Kevin C. II

If you are thinking of doing any mods you can probably see them on a car there and get various opinions and prices. Also just soaking up the history is also cool. I'll be there in about an hour myself even though the mod shop is closed today.

tasca009.jpg

It must be nice to get a first hand glimpse of those cars living up there and being able to ask questions, sure wished we had one down here in FL. Look at all of those Super Snakes :drool:

KvinC, what part of L.I. you from?

Wonder if I ever saw your black SGT around at OBI/Captree or at Oakdale.

I'm from Huntington Station, a lifer.

Never made the Captree meets - Sunday mornings, right? I'm usually doing running stuff on weekend mornings, though I will have a little down time in the next couple of weeks. I have met up with Tekheavy, Torrence and StratGirl over in Commack and also hit the Bellmore, Huntington Station and Oyster Bay shows a couple of times this past Summer.

kc

Thanks to all for the info on Tasca Ford.

I had limited time to stop by there this past Monday. As luck would have it, I arrived at lunch time and most guys at the Mod Shop were off on their break. I didn't feel comfortable wandering around inside, so I perused the Shelby fleet out on the lot. Several GT-500s, a Super Snake or two and a few SGTs, including a black GT/SC missing it's front snout; not sure of the story on that baby, but she sure looked sad.

One gent in the sales office told me that they routinely got cars from up and down the East coast, but even they were excited about receiving a Shelby being shipped from England (!) for scheduled mods.

Their Cobra Jet Mustang is on display in the Ford showroom and its trailer is parked out by the Mod Shop. I couldn't resist the opportunity to use the beautiful trailer as a photo back drop for my SGT. By the way, if you look at the pavement to the rear of my car you'll see the start of over 100' of impeccable burnout tracks. (I wish I could take credit for them...but can't). :shift:

Kevin

Tasca11-09-09.jpg

Archived