TEAM SHELBY FORUM

They finally listened...

rpenna

For the first time ever, I told my family what I wanted for Xmas and they delivered, $260 in brenspeed gift certificates.

The stang is hibernating right now, but I'm putting together my first upgrade package.

I'm looking at the C&L 92mm Racer Intake with Xcal2 package:

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/imag...clracerpack.gif

and some Steeda Underdrive pulleys:

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/images/5553305.gif

I just have 2 questions for you guys:

1) The Racer Intake is the one brenspeed used on their "demo" car with new cams etc that got them some serious hp. But it's $75 less than the "regular" C&L Intake on their site. If I'm planning more mods in the near future, I should go with the Racer, correct?

2) Are the pulleys a good pair with the intake + tune? Or would you go with something else? Any opinions welcome.

Minimally, I'm going to buy the intake + tuner now, then look into a shifter and maybe a suspension upgrade before April. Optimally I'll add some cams and a throttle body before I hit the road in the spring.

For the first time ever, I told my family what I wanted for Xmas and they delivered, $260 in brenspeed gift certificates.

The stang is hibernating right now, but I'm putting together my first upgrade package.

I'm looking at the C&L 92mm Racer Intake with Xcal2 package:

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/imag...clracerpack.gif

and some Steeda Underdrive pulleys:

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/images/5553305.gif

I just have 2 questions for you guys:

1) The Racer Intake is the one brenspeed used on their "demo" car with new cams etc that got them some serious hp. But it's $75 less than the "regular" C&L Intake on their site. If I'm planning more mods in the near future, I should go with the Racer, correct?

2) Are the pulleys a good pair with the intake + tune? Or would you go with something else? Any opinions welcome.

Minimally, I'm going to buy the intake + tuner now, then look into a shifter and maybe a suspension upgrade before April. Optimally I'll add some cams and a throttle body before I hit the road in the spring.

Ok, here's my two cents.

From what I understand, the C&L racer kit uses a larger diameter tube and mass air. It's great when you have other mods like a blower or cams which require higher air flow. On a car with just basic mods I've read that the racer intake can actually cost some low end power. If you plan on doing these other mods at a later date then I say get it and then you won't have to swap out intakes later on. Ruf has the intake on his car, ask him about it.

Pulleys I've never been a big fan of, I'd get the FRPP CMC delete plates or go for an axle back exhaust. The delete plates are $99.00 and are good for around 8 - 10 rwhp.

Jim

Read my sig for my results.

My "guys" told me delete plates and axle-backs are not worth any measurable hp.

Cams increase the ability to gain hp - even with a blower.

Interesting about the delete plates. I've seen multiple dyno graphs which show a min 8 rwhp gain. On supercharged cars I've seen dyno's showing 10 - 15 hp gain.

The cams with a low boost blower is what I'm considering doing. My only concern with the cams is how they affect emissions.

Read my sig for my results.

My "guys" told me delete plates and axle-backs are not worth any measurable hp.

Cams increase the ability to gain hp - even with a blower.

The "guys" are probably right about the axle backs. But it seems if you change to a higher flow cat with X-pipe, there are gains to be had. I just wish I could find the magazine that had the freakin article. The cat backs are only going to get some better sound going, but further up stream is where you will make some power. Just my opinion since I cannot find the magazine with the article, but I remember that being the case about the exhaust. Long tubes with no cats would realize the greatest gain I think they were saying, but I have no proof, cuz I lost the mag! What is a couple horsepowere here or there anyway, right!

Archived