TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe delete cars

Black05Shelby

Hello All,

I just picked up my new baby, 2009 Performance White/Stripe delete car with every opition available. GOD I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering how many are out there (stripe delete) and also if any would know how to get the 2009 build totals and color and option break downs. Buy the way it has the black&red interior, I have only ever seen a vert with this color combo. I would love to see what you all have. Thanks Joe

First off, congrats on an awesome car! White with stripe delete looks totally sexy. :)

For 2009, there were only 11 Performance White/stripe delete coupes made (and 5 convertibles).

You can see the complete breakdown by year (2007-2009) and color in the PDF in this thread: Click Here

I'm also downloading all 2007 (hopefully soon 2008 and 2009!) window stickers to do a complete breakdown by option, interior color, and other info. That will take some months, however.

To get your SVT Certificate, call 1-800-FORD-SVT, and give them the last 6 digits of your VIN. The cost for the certificate is $45.

Good luck with your ride, and welcome to the family! :happy feet:

Your car sounds HOT...I originally was going to buy a black 2008 with the red stripe and matching interior....but ended up buying a performance white 2009, instead....both are/were convertibles...but I LOVE the red interior detail on these cars....my brother thinks it looks ghetto....his Shelby was black with stripe delete....lol....guess I got a little ghetto in me...haha

GOD I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering how many are out there (stripe delete)... I would love to see what you all have.

So far, the only 2010 Torch Red Stripe Delete in California.

2010ShelbyGT500Coupe002.jpg

2010ShelbyGT500Coupe001.jpg

Stripe Deletes are the fastest!!! :happy feet:

Stripe delete is a joke. This can be done in the driveway in 30 minutes. I love my stripes, but I want them painted on. But I am going to leave them on until I bring it to the shop so they can use the factory stripes to get the painted ones on perfectly. The factory did all the hard work getting them straight and even. I'll let the body shop do the easy part.

Thanks Jim. I did use a Tokina fisheye lens on my plain old Canon Digital Rebel. The first and second shots were taken using that lens. I was simply trying to capture more of the body lines of the car, without any striping distraction. I'm getting a little better at capturing what I see when I look at the car.

Regarding stripe delete...my local dealer wouldn't order me the car that way (w/o payment in full) as they felt it wouldn't sell. I explained the rarity and they just stared at me, mouths open. No biggie, as I think the car only had about 20 miles or so when I pulled them off. Entirely subjective here, but I find the car attracts far less attention without them. No gawking kids, and law enforcement doesn't see me coming from miles away. To me they were a tacky add on as much as they were part of the car's heritage. But hey, I just wanted an S197 with the blown 5.4 and the 6060 Tremec. I never wanted to fill the Shelby coffers just to have the name plastered on the car along with a pair of taped on stripes. It doesn't make economic sense, to pay for something and then just throw it away. But as everyone knows, there is no other way to get this powertrain combination.

It kills me to see that there were only six stripe delete VB coupes in '09...mine would have been the seventh. :cry:

edited for clarity :hysterical:

Hello All,

I just picked up my new baby, 2009 Performance White/Stripe delete car with every opition available. GOD I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering how many are out there (stripe delete) and also if any would know how to get the 2009 build totals and color and option break downs. Buy the way it has the black&red interior, I have only ever seen a vert with this color combo. I would love to see what you all have. Thanks Joe

Have an 08 coupe white/stripe delete. Love it!! Mine has the combo black and crimson interior also. Nav, Sirius, and bluetooth the works as well.

Inspired by Tob, my 1 of 111 (now 110! tongue.gif) red w/silver stripe with "post-title" stripe delete. Once I decide on wheels, I'll probably lose the side stripe, too.

Wow, that was a truly nice thing to say. Thanks!

Interesting that once you remove the stripes you realize the effect they had. They serve to make the car 'narrower' as much as they provide a linear distraction to the girth. The car suddenly appeared much cleaner and for the first time I started to notice the depth of the paint, especially on the hood. I thought like you, that I'd leave the side stripes on for a bit, and I did.

post-23237-1257651171_thumb.jpg

post-23237-1257651193_thumb.jpg

post-23237-1257651268_thumb.jpg

Then I threw in the towel and pulled the side stripes as well. Like I mentioned, the paint seems soo much richer now...

post-23237-1257651283_thumb.jpg

Tob

On edit...just thought I'd mention, those are 285's up front.

post-23237-1257651171_thumb.jpg

post-23237-1257651193_thumb.jpg

post-23237-1257651268_thumb.jpg

post-23237-1257651283_thumb.jpg

Your car is beautiful, I am curious did you order your car that way? I was very lucky and I found mine in at a dealer in south carolina, searching around on e-bay. I jumped right on it as soon as i saw it, I have always wanted a stripe delete anyway, it was exactly what I wanted.

Found mine at a local dealer as well. Got lucky I guess. The dealer is only about 3 miles from my home. I jumped on it also. Picked it up the day after I saw it.

Archived