TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ColdwaterHotrod needs us ! ! !

Dear TS & SM forum board members,

I would like to thank you all for the prayers & wishes for my father, our  family & myself. It has been an extremely rough 7-days on me & the family, but I am happy to report that your support & prayers have made a difference.  As of 5 pm e.s.t. Thursday, he was moved out of the Intensive Care/Critical Care Unit & into a regular hospital room.  Even though he’s not out of the woods yet, he looks & sounds a lot better.  I have requested to the Dr’s that he go into rehabilitation for a few weeks to help rebuild his strength back up & and to find out what his physical & breathing limitations are before heading home. Another thing I forgot to mention to Grabber was on the day he was admitted into the hospital, my mother was checking out of the hospital from surgery to complicate the matter & add to the stress level. Thanks again to you all & may God Bless you all for what you have done.

Sincerely,

Rodney

a.k.a.- Coldy

Glad to hear the positive news Rod, and will continue to keep your father in my thoughts until he gets home...hopefully before Thanksgiving!

I would like to thank you all for the prayers & wishes for my father, our  family & myself. It has been an extremely rough 7-days on me & the family, but I am happy to report that your support & prayers have made a difference.  As of 5 pm e.s.t. Thursday, he was moved out of the Intensive Care/Critical Care Unit & into a regular hospital room.  Even though he’s not out of the woods yet, he looks & sounds a lot better.  I have requested to the Dr’s that he go into rehabilitation for a few weeks to help rebuild his strength back up & and to find out what his physical & breathing limitations are before heading home. Another thing I forgot to mention to Grabber was on the day he was admitted into the hospital, my mother was checking out of the hospital from surgery to complicate the matter & add to the stress level. Thanks again to you all & may God Bless you all for what you have done.

Sincerely,

Rodney

a.k.a.- Coldy

:yahoo:

- Ruf -

I would like to thank you all for the prayers & wishes for my father, our family & myself. It has been an extremely rough 7-days on me & the family, but I am happy to report that your support & prayers have made a difference. As of 5 pm e.s.t. Thursday, he was moved out of the Intensive Care/Critical Care Unit & into a regular hospital room. Even though he's not out of the woods yet, he looks & sounds a lot better. I have requested to the Dr's that he go into rehabilitation for a few weeks to help rebuild his strength back up & and to find out what his physical & breathing limitations are before heading home. Another thing I forgot to mention to Grabber was on the day he was admitted into the hospital, my mother was checking out of the hospital from surgery to complicate the matter & add to the stress level. Thanks again to you all & may God Bless you all for what you have done.

Sincerely,

Rodney

a.k.a.- Coldy

:happy feet:

~ Grabber ~

Deuteronomy 31:6

The Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courtageous. Do not be terrified, do not be disocuraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Rodney I'm glad to hear the lastest news about your Dad.... :happy feet: my thoughts and prayers have been with him and you from the beginning and will continue.... :grouphug:

Update 11:54pm

As of 8pm e.s.t. Dad was transported to rehab & is resting "as fine as can be"

It will take several weeks to ween him off the steroids but I'm looking forward to learning more about his journey.....

Thanks again for all the support, may God bless you & your family

Sorry i missed that thread Rodney i do not come here often. am glad he is doing fine...i will pray for him to remain healthy and in good shape...if i can be of any help i will not hesitate please let me know...GOD BLESS!

We are so happy that your Dad has responded well over this situation. God is good all the time 24/7. We will always keep your family and you in R hearts and will be praying for your dad for a miracle. Remember to always when you see your Dad or Mom to tell them how much you love them and thank them for being there for you even when you thought diffent. Your Dad and Mom love you more then you can ever imagine. When you have kids and they are grown then you will understand what unconditional love is all about. I hope it does not take that long. God Bless. Keep The Faith Never give up God will not.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you a quick update before I head out to see Dad this morning. Dad has finally accepted that he is in Rehab & not an old folk’s home as it appeared to be when he first got there. The first several days of trying to convince him were hard especially when no physical therapy was going on over the weekend. I tried to explain that since he got checked in so late on Friday that he wouldn’t see a therapist until Monday. Well…. Monday came & I went back to work, by noon my cell ph was ringing with him on the other end just bitchin up a storm about how I stuck him in a old folks home since no one there knew about any therapy for him. I assured him that I would make a call to the head nurse & find out what was going on & to just relax. I then called Dusty & asked her to go up their in person & find out what was going on. When she arrived they were already in the room evaluating his range of movements & physical strength. When she called me to report this she said he was calmed down enough to talk about how soon he would be getting out according to the therapist (2-3 weeks).

Dad has been in rehab for a week now & is adjusting to his surroundings & routines. He calls me every morning on my way to work at 7:15am on the dot to let me know how he sleeps. After work I drive straight their & visit him for about an hour before he goes to bed. Once I get home its read the mail, talk with Dusty & then to bed I ago so I can do it all over again the next day. One thing is for sure, dad is bound determined to get out of there sooner then later by requesting a 2 times a day, 6-days a week workout, plus he sneaks in another one when he can’t sleep in the middle of the night. IMHO he will be much better off regaining his physical strength & self confidence then if I would have just let him go home & do nothing but rest & feel sorry for himself.

Till the next update, thank you all again for the love, support & prayers you have sent my families way.

God Bless & God Speed,

Rodney

A.K.A. - Coldy

Archived