TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Muffler Delete question

I did not cut the OEM muffler tips off my SGT exhaust. I wanted to keep them in stock condition should I later decide it was a bad dream and want to restore my original system. Instead, I bought a set of Shelby SS branded tips for the catalogue, and they remain in place today.

Of course, following that rational deed (it was long ago), I lost my mind entirely and went on to mod the snot out of LuLu. I supose the only "stock" remaining today, is Shelby's signature on LuLu's passenger side air bag housing.

Come to think of it, the sig isn't stock either...Oh well, and so it goes.

I installed SLP loudmouths. They are bolt in and basically a muffler delete with nice tips. They sound mean as hell especially when the S/C is in full use. You can always put back the stock ones but at idle and not getting it, the SLP's are not loud and don't vibrate or drone in the car. :happy feet:

I did not cut the OEM muffler tips off my SGT exhaust. I wanted to keep them in stock condition should I later decide it was a bad dream and want to restore my original system. Instead, I bought a set of Shelby SS branded tips for the catalogue, and they remain in place today.

Of course, following that rational deed (it was long ago), I lost my mind entirely and went on to mod the snot out of LuLu. I supose the only "stock" remaining today, is Shelby's signature on LuLu's passenger side air bag housing.

Come to think of it, the sig isn't stock either...Oh well, and so it goes.

LOL....I was just going to say that Mac took his mufflers off and tell you to do a search for his posts on the topic!

NEVER MIND!

:shift:

Nice to see ya Mac!

• 1 month later...

I was considering this too, and I think I'd buy a setup like this rather than have the muffler shop cut my orig. exhaust up, because I might get a little tired of the extra volume at some point!

http://www.brenspeed.com/sfm62ss.html

I have the Pypes Muffler deletes, simple do it yourself bolt on, tips are already welded on the new pipes, sound is awsome, no drone

Archived