TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Navigation screen (care options)

FiaCobra

Soft microfiber cloth with a 50/50 mixture of water/rubbing alcohol applied very sparringly from a spray bottle. Similar to an lcd tv screen :)

Roger

What is the safest way to clean the navigation screen without scratching or marring it.

Also, i'd like to install a clear overlay over the display to keep the screen new.

Any ideas?

Ok, checked a few retail stores to no avail. Our screens are too big so....

I went to a sign/decal place (the same place that I got my fender stripes from) and the guy cut me a big piece to try out. I'll let you know the results.

Hello:

As per some of the posts, I went to Best Buy and purchased a cover for an iphone...to small.

I was surfing the net about screen covers. Found a few venders that sell clear screens for other cars.

Found one that will custom cut. The measurement needs to either be under cut for the screen, or if the bezel can be removed, the film extends the screen so no seem will be noticed. I just "ruffed the measurement" and got 5 3/4" L x 3 1/2" W

I'm sure this isn't correct. I was using a tape measure not a scale and didn't want to get to close to the screen for fear of scratching it. I got an e-mail back from a vendor who sells screen covers and will custom make. I will post the contact info. Not sure yet on the price.

DOES ANYONE have the exact measurement...needs to be under cut.

Thanks

That sounds like a really good idea. Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
Edited by 2009droptopshelby

Our film is made from genuine anti-glare 3M Vikuiti® material that will not damage the LCD in any way. The film also features a silicon based adhesive with very low tack that will not leave any residue if / when the film is ever removed.

Our LCD film was designed and fit tested for the following vehicles*:

2007+ Infiniti G35 / G37 Sedan

2008+ Infiniti G37 Coupe

2009+ Nissan 370Z with factory navigation

In order to eliminate the “edge gap” between the film and the edge of the LCD, our film was intentionally sized to fit UNDERNEITH the bezel. No edge lines are visible so no one will know that there is film over your LCD. The bezel/LCD panel in these cars can be easily removed in about 5-10 minutes. Please visit our Downloads page for model specific instruction sheets.

*If you have an aplication that is not included in the list above, please contact our Sales group via email providing us with your dimensions and remember to include units of measure (inch, mm, cm, etc.). We will promptly respond with pricing and delivery.

Price: $11.00 each plus shipping

Hello:

As per some of the posts, I went to Best Buy and purchased a cover for an iphone...to small.

I was surfing the net about screen covers. Found a few venders that sell clear screens for other cars.

Found one that will custom cut. The measurement needs to either be under cut for the screen, or if the bezel can be removed, the film extends the screen so no seem will be noticed. I just "ruffed the measurement" and got 5 3/4" L x 3 1/2" W

I'm sure this isn't correct. I was using a tape measure not a scale and didn't want to get to close to the screen for fear of scratching it. I got an e-mail back from a vendor who sells screen covers and will custom make. I will post the contact info. Not sure yet on the price.

DOES ANYONE have the exact measurement...needs to be under cut.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Forgot about this thread. Yeah, that piece the decal guy gave me for nothing worked just fine. I measured the screen, cut the clear cover with an exacto-knife, and installed. Now, no more fingerprints or worries about scratches.