TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Unveils F150 SuperSnake Concept

Staff

post50103_1.jpg

Team Shelby – Nov. 3, 2009 – Shelby Automobiles, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc., (CSBI.PK) unveiled a Super Snake Ford F150 concept today at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Based on the popular Shelby GT500 Super Snake, the post-title package for the 2003-2008 F150 upgrades the truck’s handling, styling and power.

“Carroll Shelby pioneered the muscle truck segment over 20 years ago,” stated Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Autos. “Our team built this concept F150 Super Snake to see if the public is ready for another high performance Shelby truck. We took the same approach to this project as we do for every Shelby. With its ‘look at me’ styling, earth shattering power, stop-on-a-dime brakes and go cart-like handling, it’s a balanced performance truck that’s as desirable to drive as it is to look at.”

post50103_2.jpg

Click here for more photos.

Shelby Autos teamed with Ford Racing and top suppliers such as Borla and Baer to develop the concept. The red 2007 F150 regular cab truck features a custom functional hood and fascias, black Super Snake stripes and Alcoa Shelby wheels. The 5.4L engine was tweaked to churn out 475 horsepower through the automatic transmission while 6 piston Shelby brakes were added to stop the beast. The suspension was lowered 3 inches and tightened up to improve handling.

Enthusiasts can choose to have the entire package applied to their truck for the ultimate Shelby. However, the styling and the power/handling upgrades can also be installed individually.

post50103_3.jpg

“We’ll install the Super Snake package for the F150 at the Shelby Autos facility in Las Vegas,” added Gary Davis, Shelby Autos vice president of production. “In order to maintain the high level of quality and performance demanded by real enthusiasts, we’ll only build a few thousand per model year.”

The Ford F150 Super Snake post title package includes:

• Whipple supercharger kit

• Borla exhaust system

• DJM suspension

• 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

• Shelby-designed 22-inch wheels and tires with Pirelli P Scorpion tires

• Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors

• Custom front fascia, grill, carbon fiber splitter, fender vents and brake cooling ducts

• Custom front fascia, mesh grill and grill surround

• Custom side fender vents and rockers

• Unique fiberglass hood featuring a hood scoop and classic Shelby design

• Bed lid and rug with embroidered logos

• Shelby signature Super Snake stripes

• “Shelby” lettering across the rear tailgate

• “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate

• Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and leather interior

post50103_4.jpg

About Shelby Autos, Inc. and Carroll Shelby Licensing

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc., (www.shelbyautos.com) manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. Shelby Autos is a division of Carroll Shelby International, Inc. (CSBI.PK). Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., also a wholly owned divisio

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why build these on the outdated 2003-2008 model year truck?

I ask this because IMO most people wanting to spend this kind of money would want to drop off a brand new truck and have it converted.

It does look very cool. :)

I can see doing this to a mint Lightning or Harley if you could find one but trying to paint match and hope the older parts hold up to the new power additions could be a challenge. Plus dumping 28K or so into a used truck is beyond my means. Good luck to anyone that can.

Why build these on the outdated 2003-2008 model year truck?

I ask this because IMO most people wanting to spend this kind of money would want to drop off a brand new truck and have it converted.

It does look very cool. :)

My guess is this had been in the works so long to come up with the parts, and then SAI sat on it? So when Ford came out with a new body style change, it made this an obsolete package before it was even announced...

My guess is they will offer it at some point....

I wonder about a SVT Raptor F-150 Super Snake? :drool:

Go for it Dan . Hang on did you pass it by the BOSS first to see if you can do it? :hysterical:

Marji thinks the F150 Super Snake looks cool :happy feet: so I'll take that as her permission.

Cool.

Dan's getting a new SS truck and a new Boss and a new GT350. :happy feet:

He has a great wifey. :happy feet:

This is my plan all along. Lots of talking about, a little :cry: and a mixture of begging/pleading for all three cars :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: . Sooner or later she'll give me the "choose one" statement. :yahoo: So far it hasn't panned out.

Marji thinks the F150 Super Snake looks cool :happy feet: so I'll take that as her permission.

This is my plan all along. Lots of talking about, a little :cry: and a mixture of begging/pleading for all three cars :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: . Sooner or later she'll give me the "choose one" statement. :yahoo: So far it hasn't panned out.

I forgot about the Cobra. That does make three.

Your done now.

No more cars for you.

No SS truck.

No GT350.

No Boss.

However....you can thet the matchbox versions. :hysterical:

I forgot about the Cobra. That does make three.

Your done now.

No more cars for you.

No SS truck.

No GT350.

No Boss.

However....you can thet the matchbox versions. :hysterical:

Whoa..................you and Marji have the same good common sense, because that's exactly what she said. Dang, it's tough trying to convince intelligent people that I need more cars.

I am afraid the "old model only" will kill this thing dead. But I do think its cool! Since Roush stopped modifying F150's there should be a market, but I can not imagine anyone dumping that kinda money in a truck and not wanting to start with a new one.

According to Gary Davis' introduction last night, there are two reasons why this isn't rolling over to the new models yet:

1. SuperCharger hasn't been certified for 50-state emissions.

2. The computer codes and the way coding is done has changed, so this still needs to be worked out. I presume between Ford Racing and Shelby.

He also mentioned that nobody is opposed to doing newer models one the above is worked out.

I supposed the critical issue Gary was trying to stress, along with Gary Patterson was that our products must all be certified for 50-state emissions.

Sweet, love it, wish I still had my 2004 F150 SuperCrew Lariat - and $30k LOL.

Just found this post (August 2014) and am editing it to say, I finally made my Shelby F150 Tribute and wished they had made these back then… (See pic below in signature)

I am afraid the "old model only" will kill this thing dead. But I do think its cool! Since Roush stopped modifying F150's there should be a market, but I can not imagine anyone dumping that kinda money in a truck and not wanting to start with a new one.
+1

I have been building my own "shelby" version on my 2009 F250 SD

I have been looking at what stripes would work on it

Changed the grill, lights, wheels, cover, tune, exhaust, CAI, LED's etc

Want it to match the Shelby

600 hp & 1500 Ft-LBs so far on the 6.4L diesel

It looks very nice, but I would hold out for a Superduty version.

Can you imagine a F450 Shelby SS Superduty?

I have been building my own "shelby" version on my 2009 F250 SD

I have been looking at what stripes would work on it

Changed the grill, lights, wheels, cover, tune, exhaust, CAI, LED's etc

Want it to match the Shelby

600 hp & 1500 Ft-LBs so far on the 6.4L diesel

need to share pics of that beast :happy feet:

Archived