TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found this if someone is interested

Mickey d

He's wrong about it being a custom shop Strat. The SGT Strat's are made in Mexico and the prices are stupid. That's why i never bought one.

I have owned probably 50 or more Strat's in my lifetime. I currently still have 15 USA made Strats and 3 are custom shop made.

From my point of view any Mexican made Strat is pretty much a $500 guitar at best.

Flame away! :speedie:

STL is right on the money...I own this guitar, and the quality compared to my GT500KR Fender is not even close....its just a painted mexican strat...

I know yall think the price on that guitar at near 5k is ridiculous, but ANY Fender custom shop guitar is 4k+

STL is right on the money...I own this guitar, and the quality compared to my GT500KR Fender is not even close....its just a painted mexican strat...

I know yall think the price on that guitar at near 5k is ridiculous, but ANY Fender custom shop guitar is 4k+

Hang on to that KR Strat it's a good investment.

The Mexican made SGT Strat is an overpriced wall hanger.

Hang on to that KR Strat it's a good investment.

The Mexican made SGT Strat is an overpriced wall hanger.

Exactly, I have a SGT guitar and its a piece of SHIPPPPPT and it is not made from the Custom Shop in California; only the KR guitar is. :cry:

I paid $900 for mine off eBay and was madder than hell when I got it. Shelby should have never put his name on the SGT guitar. Mine even smelled like beans when I opened the case. :hysterical:

Exactly, I have a SGT guitar and its a piece of SHIPPPPPT and it is not made from the Custom Shop in California; only the KR guitar is. :cry:

I paid $900 for mine off eBay and was madder than hell when I got it. Shelby should have never put his name on the SGT guitar. Mine even smelled like beans when I opened the case. :hysterical:

Really! Maybe that's what they used as packing material.....errr just kidding.

$900 would have bought you a good American Standard Strat that would have smelled like a good woman....

:D

He's wrong about it being a custom shop Strat. The SGT Strat's are made in Mexico and the prices are stupid. That's why i never bought one.

I have owned probably 50 or more Strat's in my lifetime. I currently still have 15 USA made Strats and 3 are custom shop made.

From my point of view any Mexican made Strat is pretty much a $500 guitar at best.

Flame away! :speedie:

Agree, overpriced.... but this is a limited production collectors guitar not a player's guitar.

Just look at the crazy money those MIJ Flower & Paisley Tele's/strats are bring. Don't forget about those CIJ & MIJ 60's reissues! One thing about guitar collectors, they'll spend crazy money to own limited production guitars even if it's not the best player.

Agree, overpriced.... but this is a limited production collectors guitar not a player's guitar.

Just look at the crazy money those MIJ Flower & Paisley Tele's/strats are bring. Don't forget about those CIJ & MIJ 60's reissues! One thing about guitar collectors, they'll spend crazy money to own limited production guitars even if it's not the best player.

If your going to collect you might as well collect the good stuff. I agree some collectors spend crazy money on limited production stuff. To me though, that doesn't make it something more than it really is.

Whether it's limited production or not, it's of no use to me if the quality is poor and i won't use it for that reason. If i am going to pay that kind of money for a guitar it better almost play itself. If i want a wall hanger i can hang a poster of one up for a lot less money, then go enjoy playing a good guitar.

I'm not trying to bust your chops. This is just my opinion. I have been playing for 40 years and have owned enough Strat's to know my around them.

Having played music all these years i guess i feel the same way about my guitars as i do my cars. I am very picky and want the best quality for the money.

I guess I should'nt be offended by the bashing going on here on this thread? It is guitars were talking about, right guys?

Yes of course its a Guitar we are talking about. Certianly not Shelby.

If you spent your money on a SGT guitar you would be complaining like the rest of us.

The SGT guitar is good only to hang on the wall and thats it. NO REAL Music Man or Music Girl would play it in front of anybody they would be too embarrassed.

I bet Strat Girl wouldn't even strum the strings.

I guess I should stop being a DICK about this guitar but I am a little bitter that I got hood winked on mine.

Yes of course its a Guitar we are talking about. Certianly not Shelby.

If you spent your money on a SGT guitar you would be complaining like the rest of us.

The SGT guitar is good only to hang on the wall and thats it. NO REAL Music Man or Music Girl would play it in front of anybody they would be too embarrassed.

I bet Strat Girl wouldn't even strum the strings.

I guess I should stop being a DICK about this guitar but I am a little bitter that I got hood winked on mine.

Well................. I wasnt really speaking about the Shelby name or the guitar, but the Hispanic strerotype comments that was a bit condensending.

:finger:

Well................. I wasnt really speaking about the Shelby name or the guitar, but the Hispanic strerotype comments that was a bit condensending.

:finger:

Your right that comment was not appropriate sorry if I offended you or anybody else.

I guess I should'nt be offended by the bashing going on here on this thread? It is guitars were talking about, right guys?

What offends you about a few people saying the Mexican Strat's aren't as good as quality as the USA ones?

If they were as good they would cost the same. Putting the Shelby GT edition aside for a moment, the fact of the matter is they are made with cheap labor and cheap materials. That's why they are in the $500 to $600 range new and a USA Strat is in the $1200.00 range new.

It's a lower quality instrument with a lower price for beginners, or people who don't want to spend a grand or more, or who can't afford the higher end models. Just like any other product you have your choice of quality depending on what you want to spend.

Taking an assembly line Mexican Strat, painting it a particular color scheme and putting someones name on it that has a lot recognition, then say we are going to only make 200 doesn't automatically make it a high quality guitar. It's marketing at it's best to the unsuspecting.

Archived