TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Birthday present ever!

My wife and I have been married for almost 12 years. She had two small children when we started dating, Nick was 6 and Jessica was 4. From the time we got married I always refered to them as "my" children. We were blessed with a child of our own shortly after we were married (Andrew).

I have tried to be there for them when ever they need me. I have tried to be the best father I could be. Nick and Jessica's biological father was never around much (like my dad), so I tried to be a decent substitute. I have always thought about all the things I could have done better with them and always thought that I made a lot of mistakes.

I tell you all this because last week my daughter (almost 19 now) legally changed her last name to mine. She had been working on this for months. I can not tell you how many tears I have cried since then (I am crying now).

It was the best birthday present I have ever received!

I love you Jessica!!! Thank you for being a great daughter!

CONGRATS ON BECOMING A NEW FATHER AGAIN , WITH MANY MEN NOT

BEING THERE FOR THE CHILDREN THEY HAVE FATHERED YOU MY

FRIEND ARE MORE A MAN THAN THEIR REAL FATHER WILL EVER BE.

IT IS OBVIOUSLY A TESTIMENT TO WHAT KIND OF MAN YOU ARE ; THAT YOUR

WIFES DAUGHTER HAS TAKEN YOUR LAST NAME. WAY TO GO AND

CONGRATS AGAIN !!! :happy feet:

SCOTTY

Congrats! What a great feeling. :happy feet:

My former step-daughter was abused by her bio-dad. When her mom and I married, we stopped taking his child support. Three years later, she allowed me to adopt her and she took my name. (she'll be 19 next month) What a feeling. :happy feet:

Again - congrats! :happy feet:

What a wonderful and amazing gift your daughter has given you. You obviously did right by her and rased her well, which is evidenced by this moving and honorable gesture towards you.

Happy Birthday to you Sean, and even though it's not June, I also wish you a Happy Father's day too!

As they say in the hood, "you da man" :salute:

Sean was visibly touched when he told us all, and to be there for the announcement was priceless...

I didn't get choked up when he said it, because, like he said, she had been working on this for months, and I already knew about it. But seeing his reaction choked me up, and I have not seen my brother like that since the birth of Andrew.

(okay, he was pretty choked up when he got to drive Amy's Series 1, as was I, and pretty much that whole evening in Terlingua last year)

But this will carry through the rest of his life as a milestone achievement, as we all know relationships with step parents can be difficult. I think you all nailed it, when you said it shows what a great job he has done, not as a step-father, but a dad.

Way to go, brother! :happy feet:

:party2:

Archived