TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Annual Magazine produced by the Mustang Monthly Folks

JeffJ

Cool e-mail that I just received from Mustang Monthly:

MUSTANG MONTHLY is pleased to present a special SHELBY issue featuring Carroll Shelby, the creator of the Shelby Cobra Mustang and the Dodge Viper.

For nearly 50 years, Carroll Shelby has built some of the world’s most exciting performance cars, starting with the original GT350s and Cobras. The Shelby legacy continues today with a line of new performance vehicles from Shelby Automobiles. Our tribute issue links the Shelby history from 1962 to today, plus it honors Carroll as the only man to have ever won LeMans as a driver, team owner, and manufacturer. With never-before-seen photographs from the Shelby archives, our special issue for 2009 covers Shelby’s multi-faceted career, from his early days as a driver to today’s exciting GT500s, Super Snakes, and CSX series Cobras. This high quality, over-sized compilation is sure to become a collector’s item.

So, as Carroll Shelby says: “Get your Shelby out and drive it!”

miniShelby0909_02.jpg

EDIT: Title

Edited by shelbymotorsports

Just went to WalMart for lunch and it's already there. Actually, it's just the 2009 Shelby Annual Magazine, not specifically Mustang Monthly. So I'm sure it's the same one that you'll be getting with your membership, or you can get it now on newstands. I went ahead and got it so that I can start reading it.

Title of this post should be 2009 Annual Shelby Magazine on shelves now.

Edited by JeffJ

Just went to WalMart for lunch and it's already there. Actually, it's just the 2009 Shelby Annual Magazine, not specifically Mustang Monthly. So I'm sure it's the same one that you'll be getting with your membership, or you can get it now on newstands. I went ahead and got it so that I can start reading it.

I work for a Checker/O'Reilly's store and we got them last week. We only got 3 issues and with our magazine shipments there won't be any more for our store. I picked up 2 just incase I didn't get one with the membership. Look around as they could be anywhere.

Steve, if you can change the title of this thread, that would be good. The way the e-mail sounded from MM, made you think that this was a MM issue. When I got it, I saw that this was the annual Shelby Magazine, just brought to you by the same people as MM.

Steve, if you can change the title of this thread, that would be good. The way the e-mail sounded from MM, made you think that this was a MM issue. When I got it, I saw that this was the annual Shelby Magazine, just brought to you by the same people as MM.

No problem. Hopefully I made it a little clearer.

Steve

I agree....

Sharon I'm sure can answer this better but mainly it's a timing problem. The Shelby Annual magazine comes out before the Team Shelby Membership kits so for us to get the magazine first would mean the Sharon would have to ship two packages to every TS member. One package now with the magazine and then another package with everything else when its ready.

I don't mind buying the magazine now. That way I can wear that copy out reading it over and over so that by the time I get my second TS copy I can keep that one in pristine collectible condition.

Steve

I just read many of the articles on Carroll Shelby's race stories and history in there from the 50's and 60's on my plane ride from Denver to Dallas. I have to say that there are MANY must reads in this years magazine. Very well done!!!!!

:rockon:

The Magazine comes with each Team Shelby Membership. If you are a new member you will get the Magazine with the membership and if you are renewing your membership you will also get the Magazine. We do not send them out when they come in. All members new or old will get the Magazine no matter when in the year they renew.

We are about release our new memberkit to all members this week so that you can see what new stuff is offered.

Sharon

The Magazine comes with each Team Shelby Membership. If you are a new member you will get the Magazine with the membership and if you are renewing your membership you will also get the Magazine. We do not send them out when they come in. All members new or old will get the Magazine no matter when in the year they renew.

We are about release our new memberkit to all members this week so that you can see what new stuff is offered.

Sharon

Sharon,

Here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada it is impossible to get the magasine...So thank you for offering it to us, as Ts members...Grately appreciated.... :)

Alexandros

Sharon

So if I joined in September of this year, I will have to wait until I renew my membership next September to get the new Magazine? :headscratch:

Sharon,

Here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada it is impossible to get the magasine...So thank you for offering it to us, as Ts members...Grately appreciated.... :)

Alexandros

When you renew your membership the new magazine will come with the package.

Sharon

Okay, I went to WalMart last night and picked up two for myself. They have another 5 or so (depending on how many people buy what's left). PM me and I'll get whatever I can for you.

All I ask is that you pay for the mag and shipping and I'll get it to you.

First come, first served.

I had to go to 2 places to find one, I thought Target would have them, but nope. Then went to a walmart, they had like 6-7 left, I had to find the better shape one, some of them had the binding falling apart. But the one i find is the best looking shape, just a small nick on the bottom of the magazine