TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT500 Window Sticker Database

Hello, all...

I've been inspired by fellow TS member Burning Blue Star IV to download and compile the window stickers for all 2007 GT500s. Given that there were over 10,000 produced, this will NOT be a small undertaking, and will take a very long time.

My plan is to download them, name them by the last 6 digits, and create a spreadsheet (or database) of colors, stripes, and options. I know there's a registry coming, but this will keep me busy, and I find pleasure, somewhat perversely, in data parsing and analysis.

It should take me the better part of a month to download all the PDFs, then another month or two to go through them, re-name them, and start compiling the info.

If anyone would be willing to help, or maybe get started on 2008 and 2009, that would be great. All you need is Firefox and an add-on called DownThemAll. I can show you how to run the queries to get the data from the Ford website.

I make no promises that I can actually finish this, but I think it's definitely feasible. Plus I enjoy it! :happy feet: I'll keep y'all informed on this thread.

As of this morning, I've run through about 1,500 possible VINs so far, and have obtained about 200 window stickers.

Good luck with this huge undertaking, but the rewards to us all will be awesome! All the different breakdowns will be know that the Ford matricies did not provide.

Someone was recently asking how many of a certain color were made with stripe delete and a certain interior. Questions like this will be able to be answered if you suceed!

I believe the Monroney Label (i.e. window sticker) site only applies to US bound vehicles right? There are some of those 10,000 units that went to Canada, Mexico, and overseas so getting data by this method may be a little off the total numbers...

Also, once into the 2008-2009 years, the KR's will have window stickers of base GT500's, but you won't know they were actually KR's from the Monroney Label as you would also need the Shelby label. You might be able to determine this from any shipment information on the label, but that would be an indirect method.

Just some thoughts on this endeavor. Having the DB sure would be handy though.

Also, once into the 2008-2009 years, the KR's will have window stickers of base GT500's, but you won't know they were actually KR's from the Monroney Label as you would also need the Shelby label. You might be able to determine this from any shipment information on the label, but that would be an indirect method.

I think all window stickers for the KR have "Not for sale...illegal for street use" on them as they come from Ford.

I believe the Monroney Label (i.e. window sticker) site only applies to US bound vehicles right? There are some of those 10,000 units that went to Canada, Mexico, and overseas so getting data by this method may be a little off the total numbers...

Just some thoughts on this endeavor. Having the DB sure would be handy though.

Actually, so far I'm finding window stickers for Canada as well. They have all the fields in French and English! :)

The KRs will have "GT500KR Package" listed under options, as well as things like "Front Mat Delete, Rear Spoiler Delete" - they're pretty easy to spot.

I'm downloading all stickers first, renaming by last 6 VIN, then I'll open one by one and enter each into the database. I've downloaded about 600 so far, out of 8152 + prototypes. This will take a while! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

I'm tearing my hair out - I've run from VINs ending in 195700 through 373000, and I've downloaded 8,108 window stickers. Problem is, there were 8,152 coupes made in 2007! To make it worse, I called SVT (oops, I mean "Ford Performance Group") yesterday and explained what I was doing...after the tech stopped laughing at me, he helped me pull up a few VINs...some of my very early pre-production units ARE NOT included in the sequential numbering!! That means there's actually MORE than 8,152!

The awesome part is, the SVT (oops, FPG) guy said he totally would have sent me his entire database of VINs back when they still used Microsoft Access. Now it's a proprietary intranet-based database (Oracle maybe?), so he can't share it, and he can't do a run of all the VINs. Total bummer! But they were willing to help! I asked him if he could just run through all 8,152 with me, and he laughed again. I guess that means no! :hysterical:

I'm going to re-run all 2007 VINs all the way down from 100001 through 373000+ again. It's very possible I missed some sequence of check digits. If I do it again (should take another month or so) and come up with 8,108 again, I'm not sure what to do next.

So I'm still going...but slowly!

Update!

I'm tearing my hair out - I've run from VINs ending in 195700 through 373000, and I've downloaded 8,108 window stickers. Problem is, there were 8,152 coupes made in 2007! To make it worse, I called SVT (oops, I mean "Ford Performance Group") yesterday and explained what I was doing...after the tech stopped laughing at me, he helped me pull up a few VINs...some of my very early pre-production units ARE NOT included in the sequential numbering!! That means there's actually MORE than 8,152!

The awesome part is, the SVT (oops, FPG) guy said he totally would have sent me his entire database of VINs back when they still used Microsoft Access. Now it's a proprietary intranet-based database (Oracle maybe?), so he can't share it, and he can't do a run of all the VINs. Total bummer! But they were willing to help! I asked him if he could just run through all 8,152 with me, and he laughed again. I guess that means no! :hysterical:

I'm going to re-run all 2007 VINs all the way down from 100001 through 373000+ again. It's very possible I missed some sequence of check digits. If I do it again (should take another month or so) and come up with 8,108 again, I'm not sure what to do next.

MMM,

You're the man... Thanks for taking this effort on... Can't wait to see the end result.

Stuart

Hey MadManMoon...SnappyGT again. Wow what a project, your driven!

Seems your in the know with Shelby stats. Can you tell me how many GT500's were produced in 2008, and how many were Alloy Metallic? Thx

Hey MadManMoon...SnappyGT again. Wow what a project, your driven!

Seems your in the know with Shelby stats. Can you tell me how many GT500's were produced in 2008, and how many were Alloy Metallic? Thx

Look at the pdf here... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...p;hl=production

Update!

We (Team Shelby members) discovered in the beginning of the 07 run, that the GT500 VIN are not in sequential order.

We (Team Shelby members) discovered in the beginning of the 07 run, that the GT500 VIN are not in sequential order.

Yeah, unfortunately! There are some that are in sequential blocks of maybe 10-20, but definitely not all 8,152!

The Mustang VINs, including V6s, GTs, and GT500s, start at 100001. The Mazda 6, produced in the same plant, uses M00001 through M99999. Another interesting nugget I found trolling the 'Net!

If it wasn't for that stinking check digit, I could've had ALL Mustang window stickers downloaded by now! Instead I need to run 10x as many searches to find the correct VIN. :banghead:

!!! UPDATE !!!

I've finished the 2007 coupes! (Well, the downloading of the PDFs, anyway!)

Got a total of 8,162 stickers - including 10 pre-pre-production cars not included in SVT's 8,152-count total.

Next up - convertibles!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Where is this site, can you post the link? I'd like to download my sticker.

Thanks

Where is this site, can you post the link? I'd like to download my sticker.

Thanks

Use this link with your complete vin instead of the one you see here. Don't use the quotes...

"http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVHT88S095120716"

I'm currently doing the same as you but for the 2008-2009 KR's.

As of this post, I have 562 cars logged. I'm 1/3 of the way finished.

Good on ya, FiaCobra! Since you're getting all the 2008s and 2009s, you gonna do them as well, or just keep the KR stickers?

I've got 1,804 out of 2,695+ 2007 GT500 convertibles so far...should wrap up this weekend (thanks to VPN networking, I've got 6 computers in 3 states downloading!!)

!!! UPDATE !!!

Got a total of 8,162 stickers - including 10 pre-pre-production cars not included in SVT's 8,152-count total.

Next up - convertibles!

Mark Feilds got number serven

!!! UPDATE !!!

Next up - convertibles!

Thats great MMM! Wow. over 8,000 of those little files to read over! hehe. I hope 2010 MY doesn't reach that amount!

I sent you a PM about the type of database program you're using. Maybe you could post a screen shot of a sample of what it looks like? I'm just using Microsoft works database.

2010 numbers are over 4,000 units now...and they seem to keep coming.

Thats great MMM! Wow. over 8,000 of those little files to read over! hehe. I hope 2010 MY doesn't reach that amount!

I sent you a PM about the type of database program you're using. Maybe you could post a screen shot of a sample of what it looks like? I'm just using Microsoft works database.

2010 numbers are over 4,000 units now...and they seem to keep coming.

I'm using Microsoft Access 2007 for the database. I'll take a few screen shots and post 'em here in a bit.

I just freaked myself out -- I've moved on to the 2008 coupes, and I'm expecting 6,513, as per the released SVT totals. Imagine my surprise when I'm at 6800+ and still going! I'm thinking to myself, there's no WAY they built over two hundred prototypes when there were almost no changes from '07 to '08...then I remembered...KRs!!!

So, that answers the question - the KRs are NOT included in the 6,513 total for 2008. Should wrap up aroung 7,600 or so, including a handful of prototypes. Then on to the verts!

I'm using Microsoft Access 2007 for the database. I'll take a few screen shots and post 'em here in a bit.

I just freaked myself out -- I've moved on to the 2008 coupes, and I'm expecting 6,513, as per the released SVT totals. Imagine my surprise when I'm at 6800+ and still going! I'm thinking to myself, there's no WAY they built over two hundred prototypes when there were almost no changes from '07 to '08...then I remembered...KRs!!!

So, that answers the question - the KRs are NOT included in the 6,513 total for 2008. Should wrap up aroung 7,600 or so, including a handful of prototypes. Then on to the verts!

Thanks MMM! Appreciate it. Just wanted to see a different take on the database building.

I have to say that it seems like using that renaming script you provided speeds up the process as far as download time. I'm clicking along pretty swiftly today.

Here's a screenshot of the form I designed to enter data:

Screenshot2.jpg

Here's the raw data table:

Screenshot1.jpg

I'm going back through and using the full VIN now that the files are already named. I need to add additional options (i.e., KR Package, Ambient Lighting) for the 2008s, once I get there.

Screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot1.jpg

That looks awesome MMM. Thanks for posting the screenshots. Gave me some good ideas. I would love to get that entry form set up for mine. I like how you got the drop down menus for the colors and the check boxes for the options. I hope I can somehow figure out how to do that with my microsoft programs. Gotta do some reading, I guess.

I'm also rebuilding my complete database with the full VIN number.

I'm currently doing the same as you but for the 2008-2009 KR's.

As of this post, I have 562 cars logged. I'm 1/3 of the way finished.

Hey, FiaCobra. I'm wrapping up the 2008 coupes tonight, and it looks like I've got approximately 1,011 more PDFs than I expected -- guess the KRs aren't included in the official SVT total of 6,513. Interesting indeed!

We should cross-reference data to see if we have the same ones...and we can fill in any build dates/numbers we each have that the other doesn't! :)

Archived