TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best price on a new 2008 GT500KR

magrag

Ford is now offereing incentives on these cars to help the dealers .... U can get a great deal on a 08 or a 09

If your looking for a KR .... email me at

don.donelson@bayharborford.com ..... I'll put a KR in your garage :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Found a NEW 2008 GT500 KR for 62,495.

Is that a good price?

What have you guys found for prices on new KR's

Thanks

They are very good deals considering they were $100k at one time. Not trying to discourage you but read this thread before you buy. If I were you I'd consider into a 2010 GT500 instead.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/11/shelby-...eb-outrage-eru/

Ford is now offereing incentives on these cars to help the dealers .... U can get a great deal on a 08 or a 09

If your looking for a KR .... email me at

don.donelson@bayharborford.com ..... I'll put a KR in your garage :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ford shouldn't have to offer incentives as the dealers made soo much ADM when the GT500's came out IMO. So if they take a loss on these it will at least even out or the dealers will still be money ahead. They are quick to complain they need help and want a FordMoCo bailout but didn't share the ADM with FOMOCO. Just doesn't seem right

A dealer in my area has 7 KR's in storage on his lot. 2 Vista Blue's, 3 Silver's and 2 Black. I think it's going to be awhile till they all finally move. It's a shame, the initial excitement of the GT-H and the GT500 has given way to the reality of the KR. It's a great car but many factors have lead to the difficulties this car will have in finding new homes. If I can pick one up for around $50k in the next four months though, I might consider it.

QSS

Ford shouldn't have to offer incentives as the dealers made soo much ADM when the GT500's came out IMO. So if they take a loss on these it will at least even out or the dealers will still be money ahead. They are quick to complain they need help and want a FordMoCo bailout but didn't share the ADM with FOMOCO. Just doesn't seem right

:nonono: If you had any idea how small profit margins are and how difficult they are to achieve for car dealerships you wouldn't say this. Furthermore almost all of the "incentives" on these KR's are coming from carry over, which Ford offers on ALL inventory that's older than current model year.

:nonono: If you had any idea how small profit margins are and how difficult they are to achieve for car dealerships you wouldn't say this. Furthermore almost all of the "incentives" on these KR's are coming from carry over, which Ford offers on ALL inventory that's older than current model year.

I've never met a ford dealer owner who didn't have lots of money. Initial car profit in one thing but they sure boink you when you go in for any repair work......dealer rate $90/hr - labor rate $25 (generous but included benefits) = cha ching.

The dealer certainly screw a lot of us in 2007 and 2008 on the GT500s so sorry I'm in no mood for sympathy on slow moving cars now. :cry:

Yeah, I was one of those suckers. Should have waited for a KR! :banghead:

+1. We were led to believe they "Shelby GT500s" were going to be limited to one or two years of production. Shame on Ford, but you know what they say...

I have been suckered before and learned, so not all is lost.

Yeah, the 4 richest guys in San Antonio are ALL auto dealers...and they ALL own every brand but Lexus and the eurosport market...so my empathy for the dealers tough market went out the window when my ex step-father built a custom 40k bed for David McDavid's daughter as a birthday present up in Dallas in the mid 90's.

But Im not dogging you Mr4teth, Im sure they "tell" you how hard it is in the auto business...frankly, its what ALL business owners tell their suckers- I mean employees, about how they dont make money...if they REALLY didnt....the doors would be closed and you would be out looking for a job.

But hey, things are tough all over right now, so they cant be making too much...

What's a small profit margin? I'd like to see a $$$$$ amount quoted. Even selling a Shelby at invoice, the dealers still make money.

Archived