TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHE'S HERE!

cgoeschel

Merry Christmas!! What great timing. Congrats!

The truck driver made a special trip by the rail yard and called me to tell me it was here! I gave him a Ford hat, a stainless coffee mug with a little Ben Franklin in it for his efforts! Made my Christmas!! Just got done with the detail, pics later when I get my camera.

Grabber Orange with White Stripes...coupe......what can I say.....AWESOME!! Truck driver made a special trip from the yard to bring it to me at the Dealership. Im working deals while shes getting a bath in the detail shop.....pics to follow later. WOOT!! :banana piano:

cgoeschel,

Could I have my new Shelby drop shipped to your dealership so I could save some transport costs to LV. I know that It has been done before. Just curious.

cgoeschel,

Could I have my new Shelby drop shipped to your dealership so I could save some transport costs to LV. I know that It has been done before. Just curious.

You can request a drop ship to a different dealer than the selling dealer, but it doesnt save you any cost in shipping because the freight cost is standardized by each vehicle line no matter where it goes.

You can request a drop ship to a different dealer than the selling dealer, but it doesnt save you any cost in shipping because the freight cost is standardized by each vehicle line no matter where it goes.

You missed my point I think.

Instead of driving towing my car from WA to LV after I get it here, I am asking if I could just recieve it in LV. Then I would hop in it and deliver it to SAI. It would save me a one way tow. Timing might be a problem.

You missed my point I think.

Instead of driving towing my car from WA to LV after I get it here, I am asking if I could just recieve it in LV. Then I would hop in it and deliver it to SAI. It would save me a one way tow. Timing might be a problem.

My bad...I miss understood you. Yes you can have it delivered here and then taken to SAI. Not a problem at all. SAI is very close to here as well. I didnt realize you were going to do the 40th ann. package. Amy B over at SAI is getting a GO coupe as well! If you are going to do the drop ship though, you need to specify it ASAP, or it'll be too late to change it if the car gets produced.

My bad...I miss understood you. Yes you can have it delivered here and then taken to SAI. Not a problem at all. SAI is very close to here as well. I didnt realize you were going to do the 40th ann. package. Amy B over at SAI is getting a GO coupe as well! If you are going to do the drop ship though, you need to specify it ASAP, or it'll be too late to change it if the car gets produced.

I can have my zone rep do all the paperwork to change it. My question is this. If the car was delivered to your dealership say Feb. 14th and the SAI work starts in March, my car would have to sit somewhere for 2 weeks +/- and that would bother me. Any Ideas. Also how could I be assured that no one would drive it ?

I can have my zone rep do all the paperwork to change it. My question is this. If the car was delivered to your dealership say Feb. 14th and the SAI work starts in March, my car would have to sit somewhere for 2 weeks +/- and that would bother me. Any Ideas. Also how could I be assured that no one would drive it ?

I will do some checking with our shop foreman to see if he's willing to keep it up in the air on a drive-on lift for 2 weeks until its time to go to SAI. Or I can contact SAI and see if they'll let us keep it there while it waits to be worked on. Not sure about SAI though as they may be using all the spaces for the new Shelby GT. Or you can just leave it at my house in the garage with mine! :banana piano: I only live 5 minutes from here and Ive got lots of space! :hyper:

I will do some checking with our shop foreman to see if he's willing to keep it up in the air on a drive-on lift for 2 weeks until its time to go to SAI. Or I can contact SAI and see if they'll let us keep it there while it waits to be worked on. Not sure about SAI though as they may be using all the spaces for the new Shelby GT. Or you can just leave it at my house in the garage with mine! :banana piano: I only live 5 minutes from here and Ive got lots of space! :hyper:

I would appreciate you checking into the SAI option. How big of a garage do you have anyways.

Is Amy getting her car thru your dealership?

Hay # 101 cool "O" and thats a nice offer. and if I were in LV I would offer you the same. unconditionaly and with all respect for you and your new ride !!!! THE GT 500 PEOPLE ARE THE REAL THING, THE BEST OF THE BEST !!!!!! SOMETHING GOOD IS HAPPENING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would appreciate you checking into the SAI option. How big of a garage do you have anyways.

Is Amy getting her car thru your dealership?

She's actually getting hers directly from Ford I believe. As far as space, Ive got a tandem garage. From the outside it looks like a normal two car garage. When you open the door though, the right side is normal length, the left side is 50ft long and will house my 93 and my GT500. The right side is my wifes side, but her 4 Runner (I took a lot of crap for buying the Toyota instead of a Ford, but she did buy it from our store) can sleep outside for a few weeks...no problem!

She's actually getting hers directly from Ford I believe. As far as space, Ive got a tandem garage. From the outside it looks like a normal two car garage. When you open the door though, the right side is normal length, the left side is 50ft long and will house my 93 and my GT500. The right side is my wifes side, but her 4 Runner (I took a lot of crap for buying the Toyota instead of a Ford, but she did buy it from our store) can sleep outside for a few weeks...no problem!

Wow, What A nice offer. If and when the car got delivered to you dealership in LV, how would you guys get Paid to do the PDI when a different dealer sold it. Who would I write the check to, My dealer, or you guys. ?

DO YOU HAVE YOUR CAR AT HOME NOW ?

Wow, What A nice offer. If and when the car got delivered to you dealership in LV, how would you guys get Paid to do the PDI when a different dealer sold it. Who would I write the check to, My dealer, or you guys. ?

DO YOU HAVE YOUR CAR AT HOME NOW ?

You still pay for the car through your dealer. I think you might have to pay a small PDI fee. Not sure how much, but its not much. The car is still sitting outside in the managers parking lot. I went along for the PDI drive, but I let the PDI tech drive it, so I still havent driven the car! Im leaving soon though and going to dinner with my famiy, so the pics probably wont be around here till tomorrow....sorry! If you want we can PDI yours and put it on the showroom floor until you arrive. 24 hour security and we put plastic chains around the car so no one can get anywhere near it.

You still pay for the car through your dealer. I think you might have to pay a small PDI fee. Not sure how much, but its not much. The car is still sitting outside in the managers parking lot. I went along for the PDI drive, but I let the PDI tech drive it, so I still havent driven the car! Im leaving soon though and going to dinner with my famiy, so the pics probably wont be around here till tomorrow....sorry! If you want we can PDI yours and put it on the showroom floor until you arrive. 24 hour security and we put plastic chains around the car so no one can get anywhere near it.

You enjoy your dinner, and 1st drive in your new Go GT500. Thanks for all the info on the drop ship and the very gracious offer to help me store my car and get it to SAI. I will talk with my zone rep and let you know what I am going to do.

I agree, the PDI fee would go to you guys, not the selling dealer. I think it is 2-300 bucks. Enjoy your evening. No hurry on the photos, go enjoy your GO Shelby.

Rob

You enjoy your dinner, and 1st drive in your new Go GT500. Thanks for all the info on the drop ship and the very gracious offer to help me store my car and get it to SAI. I will talk with my zone rep and let you know what I am going to do.

I agree, the PDI fee would go to you guys, not the selling dealer. I think it is 2-300 bucks. Enjoy your evening. No hurry on the photos, go enjoy your GO Shelby.

Rob

Crappy late night pic! More to come tomorrow out in the daylight!

mustangs007sh9.jpg[/url]

If you want we can PDI yours and put it on the showroom floor until you arrive. 24 hour security and we put plastic chains around the car so no one can get anywhere near it.

That would be nice and safe, I would really appreciate that. I would then catch a plane and head down. If need be could it sit on your floor for a few days or even a week ?

That would be nice and safe, I would really appreciate that. I would then catch a plane and head down. If need be could it sit on your floor for a few days or even a week ?

We'd actually like to have it sit for a week or two just so that others can see (not touch) a GT500! My car had 6.8 miles when I got it, now its got 47. I guess the word to describe the power is "suprised". I drove several other ones before getting this one and I was a little underwhelmed at first. The chassis is so good, that I dont think you realize how quickly youre accelerating unless you look at the gauges. When you do, they're sweeping North rather quickly. Kind of reminds me of my Terminators with the 2.93 pulley and a tune, only I think this car is quicker by a little bit. Once I get the cold air on Tuesday and the tuner as well from Evolution, Im looking forward to a little bit more until KB releases their new 2.8H for the GT500.

We'd actually like to have it sit for a week or two just so that others can see (not touch) a GT500!

You my friend are making this far to easy for me to make up my mind on the 40th PKG. I would ask that my car stay locked up and only you show it to a prospective client. You would be the only one to have the keys. I bet my car is not done till the 3rd or 4th week of Feb. we will see. I am going to contact my zone rep about this drop ship business. Thanks so much. This Forum is Great. What great people we have here. You are a dealer that needs to be commended. Outstanding, and I did not even buy anything from you. :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano:

You my friend are making this far to easy for me to make up my mind on the 40th PKG. I would ask that my car stay locked up and only you show it to a prospective client. You would be the only one to have the keys. I bet my car is not done till the 3rd or 4th week of Feb. we will see. I am going to contact my zone rep about this drop ship business. Thanks so much. This Forum is Great. What great people we have here. You are a dealer that needs to be commended. Outstanding, and I did not even buy anything from you. :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano:

To be honest, we probably wouldnt even open the car up. We didnt on the Ford GT's, since most people dont want others having "seat time". The good thing about us and our dealership is that almost all of our managers drive high performance mustangs and we're "enthusiasts" to the core! So we can appreciate how our customers feel about a purchase like this. Anyway, let me know, Im going out to Shelby next week to let them see the new car and I can find out some details if you let me know of any questions you might have. Thanks to all you guys for making us feel welcome! Off to bed now, Ill post more pics in the am!

To be honest, we probably wouldnt even open the car up. We didnt on the Ford GT's, since most people dont want others having "seat time". The good thing about us and our dealership is that almost all of our managers drive high performance mustangs and we're "enthusiasts" to the core! So we can appreciate how our customers feel about a purchase like this. Anyway, let me know, Im going out to Shelby next week to let them see the new car and I can find out some details if you let me know of any questions you might have. Thanks to all you guys for making us feel welcome!

Chris:

I would prefer that the car stay locked up with no seat time, now that you mentioned it. When you drop by SAI, tell them of my intentions and see if they are still sticking to their projected 2 day installation time for the 40th Pkg. Also ask them how much time in advance do they need to schedule my car in for the work. It is going to be hard to pin down a delivery day. Maybe we can pin down the week.

Thanks a bunch, Rob

cgoeschel,

Grabber, I tryed to have my car shipped to PA instead of KC. What I was told was it was too far in the production line to change the transport. If your car has not been built yet you can contact the dealer where you want it shipped. They will call the dearlership where you are getting the car from and give them the code to have the car shipped to them.

GOOD LUCK !

MTNTOM

Grabber, I tryed to have my car shipped to PA instead of KC. What I was told was it was too far in the production line to change the transport. If your car has not been built yet you can contact the dealer where you want it shipped. They will call the dearlership where you are getting the car from and give them the code to have the car shipped to them.

GOOD LUCK !

MTNTOM

10/4 on that. I have contacted my Ford zone Rep. via an e-mail to get the Code and see if this is possible. My car is not built. It is scheduled for 1/15/07 to 1/22/07 for a build. I have some time to pull the trigger on this if I decide to do it this way.

Archived