TEAM SHELBY FORUM

trade Shelby GT for GT500

shelbang

Are you at all well.......why would anyone consider that kind of trade .....does not make any sense ........two very different cars .......

Actually I'm struggling with a cold and a high fever, thanks

First of all I am talking about a fully modded Shelby GT. I didn't make that clear.

finer points of the Shelby GT to consider when talking trade

1. Fully modded with supercharger, brakes etc. etc. every conceivable option available from the mod shop

2. Final assembly and documentation indicating Shelby Automobiles, LV

3. Limited production approx. 6,000 units

Think about it, it's closer than you think in terms of value and collectability.

Actually I'm struggling with a cold and a high fever, thanks

First of all I am talking about a fully modded Shelby GT. I didn't make that clear.

finer points of the Shelby GT to consider when talking trade

1. Fully modded with supercharger, brakes etc. etc. every conceivable option available from the mod shop

2. Final assembly and documentation indicating Shelby Automobiles, LV

3. Limited production approx. 6,000 units

Think about it, it's closer than you think in terms of value and collectability.

Have you driven a Shelby GT500?.......and if you have , you would not be asking this question........just my opinion...........don't take it personal.

Have you driven a Shelby GT500?.......and if you have , you would not be asking this question........just my opinion...........don't take it personal.

My poll is hypothetical.

I have driven a Shelby. My own that I took delivery of in August.

Not withstanding my personal bias I think the Shelby GT will be one sic puppy when fully packaged.

My poll is hypothetical.

I have driven a Shelby. My own that I took delivery of in August.

Not withstanding my personal bias I think the Shelby GT will be one sic puppy when fully packaged.

Help a boomer with your slang. Is sic good or bad. ? do you think it will rock or suck ?

Thanks there grabber, that's a compliment. of my 3 kids only my youngest is a teenager. I guess their slang rubs off on me.

I had noticed that you have not posted your B-day or location in your home page profile. Not that I was profiling you. :hysterical:

Nobody has driven a well modified Shelby GT yet..Who knows how they will stack up performance wise with the supercharger, brake package, suspension tuning and a few hundred pounds leaner

I don't know about that. I have a 500 and i'm waiting on the Shelby GT. The S-GT with the Shelby SC is supposed to weigh in somewhere around 475HP. With the other mods he's talking, it is closer than you might think and less weight. I personnally like the influence of SVT on the 500 and the motor is a beast. But these cars will both be very nice. If I was not getting both and had to pick between them, my heart says stay with the 500, but i'd have to see the fully loaded S-GT first.

Collectability is not something that can be predicted - it's a result of many factors - first of all - time and lots of it.

This seems so simple - but yet so misunderstsood.

Why do Shelby's from the '60's command so much at auction?

THERE AREN'T MANY LEFT.

Extending that logic - 40 years from now, how many Shelby 500's will be around? How many Shelby GT's? That - and only that (and perhaps the fact that no Shelby 500 every saw the inside of Shebly Automobiles) will dictate "future" value.

Oh - and they're 40+ years old.

Geez - just buy the car you want - drive it and enjoy it.

Items become collectable over time - they aren't collectable when bought.

Sorry - just one of my buttons.

I don't know about that. I have a 500 and i'm waiting on the Shelby GT. The S-GT with the Shelby SC is supposed to weigh in somewhere around 475HP. With the other mods he's talking, it is closer than you might think and less weight. I personnally like the influence of SVT on the 500 and the motor is a beast. But these cars will both be very nice. If I was not getting both and had to pick between them, my heart says stay with the 500, but i'd have to see the fully loaded S-GT first.

Completely agree, both could be killers in their own right...

Collectability is not something that can be predicted - it's a result of many factors - first of all - time and lots of it.

This seems so simple - but yet so misunderstsood.

Why do Shelby's from the '60's command so much at auction.....Items become collectable over time - they aren't collectable when bought.

Sorry - just one of my buttons.

I think he was debating which car to keep, not it's future collectibility, JMO

Ruf,

We all have buttons that when pushed make us vent.

One of the buttons that upsets me is when I hear the Lords name used in vain.

I hesitated to post this, but it cuts to my core.

People do it all the time and do not even realize it. :(

Archived