TEAM SHELBY FORUM

trade Shelby GT for GT500

shelbang

Y'all are my family.

I don't disrespect family - even if they're on the Left Coast!

Speaking of family - my wife and daughter asked to come over tomorrow and spend Christmas eve with me.

I may consider going to church.....

Hey, I'm East! :finger:

Ruf, that's great news on the home front, I'm glad to hear this. I sincerely hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that things go your way tomorrow.

All the best,

~Chris

Ruf,

It looks like you will have a nicer Christmas that what you were expecting given the circumstances. I hope it goes well. I use to never go to church - ever. Not even on Christmas. Not even on Easter.

People think that they find the Lord, when actually it is the other way around. The Lord finds you. If you are compelled to go, it is because He is working in you. You can choose to ignore it, or go. If you go, there is probally a message for you to hear. If you don't go, you will never know what He was going to tell you that day. I encourage you to go. :angel:

Collectability is not something that can be predicted - it's a result of many factors - first of all - time and lots of it.

This seems so simple - but yet so misunderstsood.

Why do Shelby's from the '60's command so much at auction?

THERE AREN'T MANY LEFT.

Extending that logic - 40 years from now, how many Shelby 500's will be around? How many Shelby GT's? That - and only that (and perhaps the fact that no Shelby 500 every saw the inside of Shebly Automobiles) will dictate "future" value.

Oh - and they're 40+ years old.

Geez - just buy the car you want - drive it and enjoy it.

Items become collectable over time - they aren't collectable when bought.

Sorry - just one of my buttons.

Very good point. It seems like half the GT500 buyers are putting the car away. So in 40 years if there are 6000-7000 cars still around in perfect shape the value won't be there. I'm keeping mine as nice as possible for me and my family...let's ride!!

Two points .... 1) GT500 way better car IMHO than a modified GT, even if it's modified in Las Vegas.

2) Is my memory fading or didn't the base GT engine supposedly risk blowing up at HP over 450 (that's why Roush keeps the Stage 3's at 415 HP). Does Shelby Autos have some sort of secret here, or are they putting on a SC that the engine can't handle just to make the HP #'s look better??? If so, the Paxon SC will make the Shelby GT fly like a rocket for a few thousand miles until it goes Kaboom!!!!! Then the collectability will probably drop off considerably!

ok now wait a minute. awile back there was a thread about someone haveing the chance to buy a shelby H for sticker or get a gt500. I said go for the gt500 everybody else said noooooo get the shelby. its such a great car and so rare. well the regular shelby may not be as rare but it is the same car.

i still feel the gt500 with the 5.4 engine is the way to go......and you all now seem to have jumped to myside. lol

ok now wait a minute. awile back there was a thread about someone haveing the chance to buy a shelby H for sticker or get a gt500. I said go for the gt500 everybody else said noooooo get the shelby. its such a great car and so rare. well the regular shelby may not be as rare but it is the same car.

i still feel the gt500 with the 5.4 engine is the way to go......and you all now seem to have jumped to myside. lol

Just living to follow you. :drool::nonono:

No we haven't all jumped to your side...true I haven't had the pleasure of driving a GT500 but I haven't the Shelby GT yet either. Here is my reasoning:

I prefer the building of my Shelby be completed by Shelby. Yes, they are both "Shelbys" but the Shelby GT is in the way the '65 GT350s were and the GT500 is in the way they '68 GT500 They are both great cars the way Mr. Shelby wants them.

Just by numbers the Shelby GT is more rare. In 2007 there will be 6000 made. There will be 8000(?) GT500s. The GT500s will be built in 2008. There may not be a 2008 for the Shelby GT. (Mute point, I am buying the car for my enjoyment not collectibility.)

Concerned about the 470 HP??? NO. First, it doesn't make good business sense for SAI to build a car that is going to blow up after a few thousand miles. Second, they actually have tuned it down to a level that is safe. Amy, earlier said the paxton would create more. Plus, although I am going to drive my car and have fun doing it, I won't be abusing it.

Lastly, I believe the Shelby GT w/ supercharger & brakes will be a better overall performer. With 94% of the GT500s power and 300+ pounds lighter, I think it will be a good show. The GT500 should win in a straight line but weight and balance is going to help the Shelby GT in the corners. I am sure somebody who gets both cars or one of the magazines will eventually do the comparing.

Just my opinion, everybody should be happy with their choice and DRIVE their cars. Also my last post before Christmas on this subject (too much to do :rant: ).

Everybody have a Merry Christmas

Ruf,

It looks like you will have a nicer Christmas that what you were expecting given the circumstances. I hope it goes well. I use to never go to church - ever. Not even on Christmas. Not even on Easter.

People think that they find the Lord, when actually it is the other way around. The Lord finds you. If you are compelled to go, it is because He is working in you. You can choose to ignore it, or go. If you go, there is probally a message for you to hear. If you don't go, you will never know what He was going to tell you that day. I encourage you to go. :angel:

It is great to hear fellow Christians speak so openly of their faith, especially on a MB designed for 500 chat. My motor is really revvin now.

May all of you have a blessed Christmas!

Dallas

No we haven't all jumped to your side...true I haven't had the pleasure of driving a GT500 but I haven't the Shelby GT yet either. Here is my reasoning:

I prefer the building of my Shelby be completed by Shelby. Yes, they are both "Shelbys" but the Shelby GT is in the way the '65 GT350s were and the GT500 is in the way they '68 GT500 They are both great cars the way Mr. Shelby wants them.

Just by numbers the Shelby GT is more rare. In 2007 there will be 6000 made. There will be 8000(?) GT500s. The GT500s will be built in 2008. There may not be a 2008 for the Shelby GT. (Mute point, I am buying the car for my enjoyment not collectibility.)

Concerned about the 470 HP??? NO. First, it doesn't make good business sense for SAI to build a car that is going to blow up after a few thousand miles. Second, they actually have tuned it down to a level that is safe. Amy, earlier said the paxton would create more. Plus, although I am going to drive my car and have fun doing it, I won't be abusing it.

Lastly, I believe the Shelby GT w/ supercharger & brakes will be a better overall performer. With 94% of the GT500s power and 300+ pounds lighter, I think it will be a good show. The GT500 should win in a straight line but weight and balance is going to help the Shelby GT in the corners. I am sure somebody who gets both cars or one of the magazines will eventually do the comparing.

Just my opinion, everybody should be happy with their choice and DRIVE their cars. Also my last post before Christmas on this subject (too much to do :rant: ).

Everybody have a Merry Christmas

I agree with the above. I think both cars are great vehicles to drive!! I think the Shelby GT might perform slightly better if it is fully optioned out. HOWEVER that puts the price tag above the GT500, and if someone took a GT500 and did some simple mods it would outperform in the straight line the Shelby GT. To each their own, but I think we all win with these cars!

Merry Christmas to all!

Ruf,

We all have buttons that when pushed make us vent.

One of the buttons that upsets me is when I hear the Lords name used in vain.

I hesitated to post this, but it cuts to my core.

People do it all the time and do not even realize it. :(

Grabber, my brother in Christ. I now feel bad for our little tiff earlier. Way to stand up for Truth! You are a REAL MAN! Breaking #3 is getting way to common ... and #7, and #9, and #10 .... :redcard:

Grabber, my brother in Christ. I now feel bad for our little tiff earlier. Way to stand up for Truth! You are a REAL MAN! Breaking #3 is getting way to common ... and #7, and #9, and #10 .... :redcard:

Wildcat,

All is good here. Enjoy your Christmas and family.

When we stand up for Him, we stand out. There is nothing wrong with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Edited KC666's post. No need to be insulting, KC. Just relax & have a nice holiday....or anti-holiday, or day off, or..or..or ;)

My post wasnt insulting in the least. I dont appreciate your censorship. Apparently you have no sense of humor, big surprise there. Maybe I hit a little to close to the truth for you to take. :baby:

KC666

Archived