TEAM SHELBY FORUM

harnesses for the SGT

I have the Griggs roll bar on order officially as of today. It's off to get powdercoated Vista Blue and will be ready next Friday. :drool:

I can't wait to get it installed. However, now I need some harnesses. I guess this mod thing will never end.

So I'm looking for input on which harness to go with. I'd love to see pics of those already installed in an SGT (or MGT, or GT500).

Which is the best and why? I can use the cross bar in the Griggs setup to attach them to, so I won't need an additional harness bar FYI.

Thanks for any help.

Ken

What are the specific options I need to be concerned with? There are a ton of variations on these things. The camlocks seem to be higher priced, but I'm sure they're nicer to use. Can anyone help me out here?

I've been thinking about this Simpson kit, but not sure if there's something else out there that might suit me better.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SIM-29112BL/?image=large

sim-29112bl_w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I would seriously consider a five point for the submarine strap. I've read some nasty tells of guys sliding under the lap belt.

+1 I see any of the name brands as being up to the task. I am still trying to get used to the modern device for where the pieces all come together. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the old style with the leather pad and lever release.

Jim

I would seriously consider a five point for the submarine strap. I've read some nasty tells of guys sliding under the lap belt.

This is the only pic of a RaceTech I could find, but the one Griggs sells is actually a 6 point harness.

Good point though. If I'm investing the money, may as well get all the benefits of it.

Ken

This is the only pic of a RaceTech I could find, but the one Griggs sells is actually a 6 point harness.

Good point though. If I'm investing the money, may as well get all the benefits of it.

Ken

I would go with the 6-point system, and when you mount the shoulder straps make sure their at 0deg inline with your shoulders, and no more than 10deg below the shoulder line.

Archived