TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Poll

GT500 list population buyer Poll  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buyer at the right price?

• Yes, I am ready and able!
    • Not able to at this time, but love the car.
  2. 2. What is the Right price for you?

• MSRP, not a penny more!!
    • 5k over MSRP max.
    • 10k over MSRP max.
    • Whatever it takes, I gotta have one.
    • I will wait and get one below MSRP!!

I have been writing up my sales agreement all evening (my version anyway). I am hoping to order it as soon as the banks open. Got a dealer, a deposit and a plan. I'm dead serious.

Just wanted to take inventory of this lists population to see how many serious buyers are hanging out here.

Anyone know how many registered users are on this list?

Just wanted to take inventory of this lists population to see how many serious buyers are hanging out here.

The site has just over 2900 registered users

Frankly, I'm surprised that (out of the 30 voters), 10% (3 people) said they would pay up to $5k over msrp. But it's only 30 votes so far...

Maybe just people who haven't been promised MSRP trying to be realistic, given the talk of $10K to $15K ADM.

Yes, I was one of them.

Frankly, I'm surprised that (out of the 30 voters), 10% (3 people) said they would pay up to $5k over msrp. But it's only 30 votes so far...

Actually just 20 votes, the number listed is for both questions. So in reality 20 people have voted on 2 questions as per this writing.

I was also 1 of the 5k guys. No deal going with any dealer and name on one list but dont know how far down.

Food for thought.........

If we were smart....... and not emotional , we would wait.

This car, just like any other car will depreciate before it appreciates.

Why put yourself in a big hole by paying 5,10, 15k or more over sticker.

Are the 03 Cobras selling for more or less of their original MSRP?

Probably 10k below is my guess. Granted this car (Shelby) has more significance.

So perhaps the depreciation will not be as deep as the 03 Cobra, but then again the 03 will be the last true SVT.

I am not a big fan of buying cars that depreciate in the first place and I surely dont want to be 20k on the other side of MSRP.

I am not a big fan of buying cars that depreciate in the first place and I surely dont want to be 20k on the other side of MSRP.

You said it! Personally, I have no need to be "in the hole", so to speak, immediately after I pick up the car. That is what the ADM is doing. Whatever we all might fear, prices WILL go down. EVERY hot car has this initial craze, then things get back to normal. Just because this is a "limited edition" model doesn't mean that they didn't price it (MSRP) correctly from the factory - that's why it's higher priced than taking a std Mustang GT, and adding the "Shelby" parts to it.

Ford didn't leave any money on the table with this guys. Don't let these short-sighted dealers take any more (ADM) than they should!!

You said it! Personally, I have no need to be "in the hole", so to speak, immediately after I pick up the car. That is what the ADM is doing. Whatever we all might fear, prices WILL go down. EVERY hot car has this initial craze, then things get back to normal. Just because this is a "limited edition" model doesn't mean that they didn't price it (MSRP) correctly from the factory - that's why it's higher priced than taking a std Mustang GT, and adding the "Shelby" parts to it.

Ford didn't leave any money on the table with this guys. Don't let these short-sighted dealers take any more (ADM) than they should!!

well put Joe. Finding that patience is tricky. Dealerships konw this car will be bought on emotion and are charging likewise.

i'm not sure looking at the vote numbers that all are being honest. :headscratch: MOST dealers are selling these for 5-10K over MSRP... so how is it that MOST voters on this list "won't be paying a cent more than MSRP?" :shrug: I'm not a genius.... but that vote does not reflect the reality of what is going on out there!

Are the 03 Cobras selling for more or less of their original MSRP?

Probably 10k below is my guess. Granted this car (Shelby) has more significance.

So perhaps the depreciation will not be as deep as the 03 Cobra, but then again the 03 will be the last true SVT.

Easy to say.... and probably true.... but NO ONE is buying this car to get back and forth from the grocery store faster! The car is not a "smart" car to buy. We are not purchasing it for utility. we are ALL (aside from pure investors) buying this car based on our EMOTIONAL response. The car is sharp looking, VERY fast, and has a classic look that stirs our EMOTIONS. One of the things that makes it worth the money is emotional rush we will all get out of owning one of the monsters and knowing that our shelby's will be the terror of the streets in just a few months... my point is: i would rather be "emotional" about the car and enjoy the excitement of purchasing/owning one, than be the "even keeled" guy :boring: who does not get worked up over the car, and purchases based on his "market" expectations, and what his cash return on investment might be. I know that this approach may cost me an extra $5K. It is so worth it! :rockon:

I know that this approach may cost me an extra $5K. It is so worth it! :rockon:

So you will pay 5k over sticker? or you think the emotional factor alone is worth an additional 5k.

I would pay 5 k over sticker and I voted that way. Yes this is an awesome car and I will have one eventually. I loved the 67 Shelbys when I was a kid and the timing and opportunity did not present itself for many years.

I will get mine for MSRP or 5k over sooner or later. I dont need to be the first on the block. 5k over sticker is worth it to be 1st on the block, for me.

i'm not sure looking at the vote numbers that all are being honest. :headscratch: MOST dealers are selling these for 5-10K over MSRP. so how is it that MOST voters on this list "won't be paying a cent more than MSRP?" :shrug: I'm not a genius.... but that vote does not reflect the reality of what is going on out there!

I disagree, I think that the people on this list are honest about what they would pay." Most dealers are selling for 5-10k", I think most dealers are asking 10-15k over. If you look at ebay and see what they are asking and see they are getting bids you might come up with this assumption. I do not think anyone on this list has bought one at that price on EBay.

Has anyone on this list even seriously bid on one on ebay? I doubt.

There are many types of buyers looking to buy this car. Shelby guys with other Shelbys, Shelby guys who have never owned a Shelby, SVT guys, and throw in the guys who have the money and need the toy. I think this is who you are seeing bidding on Ebay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ready to buy as soon as my dealership is able to order the car....

Deposit paid, & agreement to pay MSRP.

Tony

hey--all dealers are "able" of ordering. IF they are willing to pay the $1,500 and have signed "Certification" agreement.

good luck.

Archived