TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Hibernation

mdwayne

With winter approaching up here in Canada it is time to put the KR away. At 1200 miles should the oil be changed now or in the spring. What about tire air pressure. I read somewhere that to help avoid flatspots on the tires the air pressure should be increased. One more question............I have been trying to find a supplier of battery tenders in Canada..........any ideas.

Thanks

With winter approaching up here in Canada it is time to put the KR away. At 1200 miles should the oil be changed now or in the spring. What about tire air pressure. I read somewhere that to help avoid flatspots on the tires the air pressure should be increased. One more question............I have been trying to find a supplier of battery tenders in Canada..........any ideas.

Thanks

Thanks

Hey mdwayne, I basically follow Grabber's routine from last year. Here is what I did last year and I am in the process of right how. I do change the oil before storage to remove any moisture that may have accumulated in the oil regardless of miles. My routine is:

Drive to gas station, add stabilizer, top off, drive home to mix well in the tank and fuel lines.

Wash and wax car if needed

Add extra air to tires (40 psi)

Change oil and filter. Idle a bit to circulate fresh oil.

Connect battery tender.

Put on Cover. :(

Spend winter on TeamShelby waiting for spring!

The battery tender I use is a CTEK Multi US 3300 Battery Charger I bought it on Ebay. Works great I have one for my boat and Waverunner as well. I know Grabber uses the one from Griots Garage.

There's only one more step to add....

Begin planning your move to Texas (or other state of your choice) so that you can enjoy your car year round next year! :hysterical:

Seriously, these are good steps to follow for those that do have to put em away for the winter. Also, I use Battery Tender brand chargers...love them!

Link to Battery Tender

Archived