TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Breaking 08SGT/BJ News!!!"

Glenn Greenwell

Well I'm finally off high center and making progress on the purchase of my 08SGT/BJ with a dealer installed aftermarket silver stripe kit and a sale that almost didn't happen. It appears after reading other member posts nothing is simple in getting the hood & stripe issues resolved. I was no exception, but I did go another direction to simply beat the complications.

First thing was the stripe kit, great deals on the internet, but when things go wrong, if there is anyway to get your stuff locally, I would recommend it. Stripe removal was more difficult than I expected, a small amount of paint came off both bumpers, and the second striper used a razor on the silver stripes leaving a slight cut in the clear that had to be resolved on the trunk.

Here's were I am at. The correct color for the SGT/BJ for those that follow the car is black with stripes in an old Ford color called Colorado Red. May I strongly suggest, don't ever paint your scoop prior to installation of aftermarket stripes. While I got a perfect set of stripes form the Decaleshoppe in Surprize, AZ. there are just to many shades of red and the first set on the hood looked slightly pink after only laying down the hood stripes. The Decaleshoppe took the set back, no questions, cut a new set and even paid the return postage back to Arkansas.

Well today I got my red replacement stripes installed, while they are not SPP because they were in the $900 bucks range, I did get a 7 year premium vinyl. My striper had the actual program to cut out for the holes and rear brake light and license plate etc. He applied the hood stipes using the wet method and the rest of the stirpes were applied using the dry method.

Car went back to body shop today for a three day cure of the stripes prior to remounting the hood scoop per Ford and Shleby installation recommendations when removing/remounting the scoop. While the car was down, my bodyshop touched up the tripbar grill pony emblem that had faded out, replaced my rear faded faux SGT/BJ emblem with one that I had custom made, and hood pins/rusty lanyards were also replaced.

Sam if your reading we plan on the rivet method to install the scoop on Wed or Thur. I also have a 1 inch black vinyl stripe to go across the scoop. I have been bummed out for weeks fighting the continual rain down here in Arkansas and sending im's to you, BUD, Scotty, Jeff, & Tony asking for suggestions and guidance on getting back to stock.

I am posting pictures of how it arrived and what it looked like when I took delivery, I will update in a couple of days with new pictures of how it should have been. Scotty talked me out of a wing modification similar to the GT-H, which I believe was good advice. Sam I will be ready to pay it forward on your rivet tool by Monday of next week.

Here are the pictures:

post-14593-1256609074_thumb.jpg post-14593-1256609124_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256609149_thumb.jpg post-14593-1256611771_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256611844_thumb.jpg post-14593-1256612016_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256609170_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256609198_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256609219_thumb.jpg

post-14593-1256609245_thumb.jpg

Dude while your doing the stripes ever think about the License plate... :salute:

Nope,

The Mustang is a Shelby GT/Barrett Jackson Limited Edition, SGTBJ is just fine, it is what it is, unless you are military minded :headscratch:

By the way, I checked out your artwork, you have some real talent, I'm old enough to recognize the make and models of all your car art, some nice prints too....

GG

Nope,

The Mustang is a Shelby GT/Barrett Jackson Limited Edition, SGTBJ is just fine, it is what it is, unless you are military minded :headscratch:

By the way, I checked out your artwork, you have some real talent, I'm old enough to recognize the make and models of all your car art, some nice prints too....

GG

Thanks..pm sent.;)

post-14593-1256690992_thumb.png

Okay Randy,

You talked me into it, what's another $28.00 bucks to the Department of Finance & Administration for a set of replacement tags. It's only money, be here in about 4-6 weeks. Run these by your wife and ask her what she thinks :hysterical:

GG

post-14593-1256690992_thumb.png

08SGTBJ_1_.gif

Okay Randy,

You talked me into it, what's another $28.00 bucks to the Department of Finance & Administration for a set of replacement tags. It's only money, be here in about 4-6 weeks. Run these by your wife and ask her what she thinks :hysterical:

GG

Big improvement. Well worth the $28

Steve

Reads more like a car now is the opinion from the peanut gallery... :happy feet:

Randy,

yea you crack me up and your tag looked better than mine, you cost me an extra $28.00, so I'll retire the current one to be hung on the garage wall..... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

GG

Nice job glad to see you resurrecting it back to standards good luck on the stripes i remember that the first time we tried them they were kinda pinkish but the vinyl on the BJ cars has been double layered. if you are replacing the scoop make sure you get the latest generation glass scoop..

Sweet!

My BJ SGT is put away for the winter.

I can actually drive the Cobra better this time of the year. It's much smaller and easier to clean up if it gets wet. Plus the paint on the Cobra is much more tolerant of the sand they put out for the snow than the Mustang.

Has it stopped raining in Arkansas yet ? I've bought a nice cabin on a creek in west central Arkansas and will be retiring there is June 2010. Please tell me that this year has been abnormally rainy in Arkansas. :shift:

7 days of sunshine is forcast, the rain we have had is not normal.... GG

Has it stopped raining in Arkansas yet ? I've bought a nice cabin on a creek in west central Arkansas and will be retiring there is June 2010. Please tell me that this year has been abnormally rainy in Arkansas. :shift:

yep, and you should be close to Cobra Scotty also....

GG

Archived