TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tracking smashed SGT's

stormeaston

Is there any way to track Shelby GT's with only a partial vin number? The reason why I asked is my nephew and I have a auto body shop, he does all the work and I just hang out there. Every day I check the car auctions for wrecked cars that we can fix up, this week there were three wrecked Shelbys GT's on the auction, one was toast but the other two are fixable. I can only get a partial vin number, the CSM numbers are not available also. I know we like to keep track of these so I was just wondering. :headscratch:

no vin neded at a track...how come the vin is gone sounds sketchy to me...these days someone should be able to get a vin on any modern car it is hidden in other locations as well...ask a autotheft cop they'd know, you get title and you are legit...

Is there any way to track Shelby GT's with only a partial vin number? The reason why I asked is my nephew and I have a auto body shop, he does all the work and I just hang out there. Every day I check the car auctions for wrecked cars that we can fix up, this week there were three wrecked Shelbys GT's on the auction, one was toast but the other two are fixable. I can only get a partial vin number, the CSM numbers are not available also. I know we like to keep track of these so I was just wondering. :headscratch:

where do you check for auctions? ive been wanting a track whore and havent been able to find one.

I think he's asking about updating the registry for wrecked SGT's with just a partial vin, NOT racing the rebuilt cars....

I would bet that if you had the last 6 digits of the vin it could be cross referenced to the registry though.

It has nothing to do with racing, I can get the first 11 digits. And this is a online auction.

It has nothing to do with racing, I can get the first 11 digits. And this is a online auction.

That's how a lot of online auctions are. They leave out the last 6 digits that denote the cars actual build sequence.

I never understood why they do that. About all you can do is call them but be prepared to be asked for a dealers license.

Steve

That's how a lot of online auctions are. They leave out the last 6 digits that denote the cars actual build sequence.

I never understood why they do that. About all you can do is call them but be prepared to be asked for a dealers license.

Steve

We have a dealers license and I tried to call on the one to get the full vin, no luck, they won't give it over the phone. The only way to get it would be to attend the live auction. As I remember one was in Phoenix, one in Seattle and one in Utah, so as far as attending the live auction.......nope!

We have a dealers license and I tried to call on the one to get the full vin, no luck, they won't give it over the phone. The only way to get it would be to attend the live auction. As I remember one was in Phoenix, one in Seattle and one in Utah, so as far as attending the live auction.......nope!

I am in Seattle PM me your number and I will call you for more info and then get the vin for you if you'd like in person...

one in Seattle and one in Utah, so as far as attending the live auction.......nope!

I think the one in Seattle I know about, is it black? Pacific International Raceways has eaten 2 or 3 Shelby GT's this year that I know of. An '08 was so bad it went to the crusher.

I think the one in Seattle I know about, is it black? Pacific International Raceways has eaten 2 or 3 Shelby GT's this year that I know of. An '08 was so bad it went to the crusher.

awsome pic dave

I am in Seattle PM me your number and I will call you for more info and then get the vin for you if you'd like in person...

That would be great but........you have to have a dealers lic even to get in.

I have always wondered why someone hasn't started a site for easy

verification of wrecked or totaled Shelby's. This would be a great

help for restorations! Call the site "Dead Shelby's". A registry for totaled

and salvage title Shelby's.

It would be a big job but really useful!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Archived