TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Speed Ventures - Streets Of Willow

HORSBYT

• 2 weeks later...

So, here's some video of my day at Streets. Unfortunately, I blew an axle seal by noon and only got two runs in. The car is in the shop and should be good to go by Wednesday. I MIGHT have to do CA Speedway now to make up for the lost day. The track was really slippery and gravel (which you can hear) was all over. The entire field of cars were BMW's, S2000's and RX-8's. Myself, an 04 Cobra and a Vette were the only domestics there. Not to brag, but it was pretty frustrating to get stuck behind any one of those cars as you can probably hear, i'm like half throttle most the time. Very little straights to let me pass.... It was my first time on Streets and i can't say I was very impressed. I think i'll pass on it next time. It probably is more suited for lower HP cars, smaller in weight or bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest pics from Streets of Willow.....

Fun track, I was one of 3 domestics out there... the rest were Mazada RX8's and S2000's. I had a Mazda guy come and tell me he was "bummed" that I was leaving for the day, because it was fun to try and fight me off! Streets in my opinion is NO track for higher HP or larger weight cars...... Too small, too narrow. The S2000's had a hard time staying ON the track! I only lost it once on the skidpad, but am happy to say, I brought her back and continued on fairly easy. It was more fun watching the Vintage Auto Club running classic Shelby's on the big track next door! Those things are HAMMERTIME!!!

post-21846-1258443565_thumb.jpg

post-21846-1258443570_thumb.jpg

post-21846-1258443577_thumb.jpg