TEAM SHELBY FORUM

License Plate????

GT500WDE

Uh... Went to put a license plate on and their are no holes, etc on rear. WTF? Not gonna just drill my own holes. Suggestions?

GT500WDE,

If you look closely there should be two small dimples inset into the surface where you need to drill the holes...............

Megan

Yeah, I see the dimples but did not expect to have to drill my own holes.

Nah....,me neither,. I was thinking the same when I went to fit my Shelby license plate holder. Then however, I noticed that the dealer had already drilled holes for his own dealership license plate holder, and had used massive fixings with a really fat thread. This meant that the nice slim chrome capped screws that I had intended to use for the Shelby frame, would not fit because the holes already drilled into the Fascia by the dealer were too big for my intended fixings screws to hold.

Ergo In order to make use of the fricken large holes that were already drilled, I had to use 4 screws that neither match nor fit the frame........really annoyed me as I'm sure you can imagine!!

DSC01673.jpg

Nah....,me neither,. I was thinking the same when I went to fit my Shelby license plate holder. Then however, I noticed that the dealer had already drilled holes for his own dealership license plate holder, and had used massive fixings with a really fat thread. This meant that the nice slim chrome capped screws that I had intended to use for the Shelby frame, would not fit because the holes already drilled into the Fascia by the dealer were too big for my intended fixings screws to hold.

Ergo In order to make use of the fricken large holes that were already drilled, I had to use 4 screws that neither match nor fit the frame........really annoyed me as I'm sure you can imagine!!

DSC01673.jpg

Where did you get that plate frame? Kewl!

If you plan on drilling your car... take it back to the dealership. If you are in a state that requires a front license plate, they are required to "notify" you and follow up with the service, if you so choose.

If you don't want to drill, there are quite a few alternatives that will save putting two holes in your bumper. :)

DSC01673.jpg

couldnt you use those plastic anchors you use for dry walls and use your pretty screws--BTW, I think they look very good now

DSC01673.jpg

Is it just me or is that LP looking a little odd??? Something with the letters and numbers

Where did you get that plate frame? Kewl!

I first saw it on a couple of cars on this forum (can't remember exactly who or I'd give them the credit), and bought it from Carroll Shelby Merchandise. It does look pretty smokin even if I do say so myself – authentic retro frame with ultimate modern incarnation of the Mustang…especially matching in blue ;)

Here is the link directly to it:

http://www.carrollshelbymerchandise.com/ga...c403d869463osb1

That has GOT to be the first time that "ergo" and "fricken" have been used together in the same sentence!

;)

Apologies BG, apples and oranges I know - too many Matrix viewings with Keanu ;)

couldnt you use those plastic anchors you use for dry walls and use your pretty screws--BTW, I think they look very good now

Thanks T10, that is a very good idea. I will probably look into it in the spring. I guess it does look okay for now, it’s just that the heads of the screws encroach onto the painted part of the frame and I could have avoided this if I'd been able to drill the holes myself. :angry2:

What? Where's the "MEGANFX" vanity plate?

1z6xfro.gif

I'm disappointed....

:P

Too many paparazzi around here…………:victory:

Is it just me or is that LP looking a little odd??? Something with the letters and numbers

Yep, that’s what the Porsche owners around here think too!

Archived