TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Custom tune today!

scottGT500

What's up! Custom tune today. 540 RWHP 543 RWTQ........unbelievable throttle response. Check this out, the driver's side cat blew out when I got back to work...my buddy noticed it when I gave it some gas and heard a rattle, he lifted it up and saw that there were no loose connections. He saw white "particles" coming out of the exhaust tips...he took it back to the dyno shop for me and they swapped out the cats for some off of another mustang. I guess there is nothing to be concerned with, right? I would say no, for a stock cat is a stock cat...I guess.

Scott

Sounds like some pretty good numbers you are making now. Glad you are having a great time with your car.

Not sure about the cat swap...I really don't know.

The car feels totally different now! I have to get re-used to it. It was kinda misty on the way home so I couldn't "test" the waters. I guess that I need to know if the "different" cats will effect anything at all. They were switched after the tune (when they busted). I wouldn't think so. But I am not well versed in that department. I was told by the dyno shop owner that all should be ok...but I would love reassurance from all/some of you. I assume that all of the pieces of the cat came out...I have the Roush system so there is no muffler for any pieces to get hung up in...I was planning an aftermarket "catted" x in the future...but certainly not this soon. I tapped out my budget on this go-around.

The car feels totally different now! I have to get re-used to it. It was kinda misty on the way home so I couldn't "test" the waters. I guess that I need to know if the "different" cats will effect anything at all. They were switched after the tune (when they busted). I wouldn't think so. But I am not well versed in that department. I was told by the dyno shop owner that all should be ok...but I would love reassurance from all/some of you. I assume that all of the pieces of the cat came out...I have the Roush system so there is no muffler for any pieces to get hung up in...I was planning an aftermarket "catted" x in the future...but certainly not this soon. I tapped out my budget on this go-around.
Hmmmm.... you had your work done by Dynospeed, correct? I wonder if you got one of the converters off my 2010 (not used with the twin turbo kit)? If so, you should have no issues at all. Even if its not, it is not going to make any difference in regards to to the tune.

I'm glad you're happy with the increased power. You'll realy have fun once the wet weather moves out of the area and you have some crisp, cool fall air.

Hmmmm.... you had your work done by Dynospeed, correct? I wonder if you got one of the converters off my 2010 (not used with the twin turbo kit)? If so, you should have no issues at all. Even if its not, it is not going to make any difference in regards to to the tune.

I'm glad you're happy with the increased power. You'll realy have fun once the wet weather moves out of the area and you have some crisp, cool fall air.

Yep! I had a great time on the way to work this morning! Nice cool air, TONS more power...very nice!

Hey garagelogic, your car looks very nice! I looked at the TT setup and it looks beautiful. Congrats on the progreses...Dynospeed DID take care of me, top notch stuff!

**One more thing - Does anyone know of an aftermarket air filter that I can use for the stock 2010 CAI? It appears that K&N doesn't make one yet!?

Scott

Part #?

Is that a good filter? It must be better than the stock paper filter, right?

I dont have that particluar filter,but do have Amsoil in my vette and its worked fine.Do a search on "air filter" and youll see that post--you can ask the poster what he thinks--or ask Jared what they used at Lethal

Archived