TEAM SHELBY FORUM

where does the snow stop

glroy

I-5 in California? Well hell, you're clear in San Diego all the way up to the "Grapevine" (you'll get snow there sometimes) just north of LA, and clear from there all the way up to Chico, I'd say. Once you get up to Redding and Mt. Shasta then you're gambling.

:shrug:

Saint George, Utah is generally safe in January. Although it occasionally snows in southern Utah it generally doesn't stay long (exception being mountains/passes, etc.). The average temperature in Saint George in January is in the mid fifties. Saint George is around two hours North of Las Vegas. B)

Hey Glen,

Pam went to school in Sacremento, CA and said that it would be safe to start there and drive the rest of the way. Might be a little rainy but no snow. Also it is easy to fly in/out of as well. You can check rates to Oakland or SF as well to see which is cheapest. If you start north of there, say Redding, CA you could hit snow. Hope that helps.

From Seattle I have noticed snow in the Siskoyus pass going through OR/CA border, and the passes in UT and WA state get snoed going the other way to LV I have done the drive to So. Cal and LV more than a few times...My SGT will not be going south by freeway in the winter. Was trucking some artglass one time in a light Ryder truck, hat was interesting in OR slippery. Those of us who are N.Westerners have a 4x4 in reserve for a reason, sometimes we get alot of snow but takes a few to clear and in the City, no plows on most streets, it is fun however...I love some snow just not for 4 months...we get rain...

Archived