TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT production figures

Shelby GT 1266

I agree. Per Amy B, I received the following e-mail months back "I would say 219 is the last number of orange, there might be a number or 2 not used, or are for prototypes, untill the system is completely up cant tell"

What I have been told by numerous personel, including SHELBY Magazine article, and it goes with what Amy said, 217 were built plus 2 prototypes. Prototypes were possibly #1 and #2 with first number sold to the public #0003 and last number sold to public #0219. Which leaves first Vista Blue as #0220.

MY UNDERSTANDING WAS THAT THERE WAS 215 GT-C 5-SPD CARS AND

4 AUTOMATICS ; TOTAL OF 219. IT WAS ALSO MY UNDERSTANDING THAT

08SGT001 AND 002 WERE NOT SOLD TO THE PUBLIC. ALSO REGARDING THE

B.J. EDITION THE NUMBER I WAS MADE PRIVY TO WAS 100 TOTAL.

SCOTTY

You know this numbers game can be a real challange, COBRA SCOTTY and I are privy to some interesting information that suggests only 100 SGT/BJs were built.

I recieved two additional pieces of information from Steve Davis CEO at Barrett Jackson that I would like to share with everyone. My information supports Scotty's info so here we go.

In the January 12-20, 2008 All Area Access Barrett Jackson Scottsdale Sneak Peek 2008 magazine on the very last page he highlights a full page add from Ford Arizona Ford Dealers with the following quote at the bottom of the add "Hurry to your Arizona Ford Dealer because there will only be 100 built! Available in coupe and convertable in black w/red stripes only.

I am also in possession of the Arizona Driver Magazine Volume 7 Number 1 edition titled Auctions '08 and on page 32 & 33 there is a full color work up article of the 2008 Limited Edition Barrett Jackson Mustang Shelby GT unveiled at the Arizona International Auto Show on page 33 it lists the following production numbers: Sources at the launch event anticipated the following model split:

Coupe Manual Transmission/47, Coupe Automatic Transmission/14,

Convertable Manual Transmission/28 & Convertable Automatic Transmission/11.

Now I believe I did see a BJ SGT with a dash plate that had a P001 number on it, which was indentified as a preproduction model, not sure if that is included in the 100 or not.

I am hoping when the new website comes up we can get more info on our cars, I need to be able to go back and edit mine from the original post and haven't been able to figure that out or even if that feature is available.

I would like to know the build sequence by SGTCSM number so I know what number out of 100 I received, kinda like the member wanting to know where SGT-C 056 is.

Just my thoughts, hey they could have some more stashed, who knows, but for right now on my car,

I'm staying with 1 0f 100.......

GG

Called SAI today and found out the production figures on 08 SGT's.

2180- total cars (blue cars, Barrett jackson, GT-C)

1834-Blue cars

1074-coupe

760-convertible

131-barrett jackson SGT's

215- GT-C's

If there were only 2180 cars built and assuming each received a sequencial 08SGT number, if mine is 08SGT2290, does that not mean my car was the number twentytwo hundred ninety, heck maybe mine was in the last 10-15 mustangs produced in 2008 by Shelby...

GG

If there were only 2180 cars built and assuming each received a sequencial 08SGT number, if mine is 08SGT2290, does that not mean my car was the number twentytwo hundred ninety, heck maybe mine was the last one produced in 2008...

GG

Somewhere in this site this was talked about, SAI did not use or skiped some numbers, so your number could be greater than what was built.

i know the first 217-219 were Grabber Orange, #220 is a Vista Blue. I would like to know also from what sequence # did the BJ cars start and finish at.

You know this numbers game can be a real challange, COBRA SCOTTY and I are privy to some interesting information that suggests only 100 SGT/BJs were built.

I recieved two additional pieces of information from Steve Davis CEO at Barrett Jackson that I would like to share with everyone. My information supports Scotty's info so here we go.

In the January 12-20, 2008 All Area Access Barrett Jackson Scottsdale Sneak Peek 2008 magazine on the very last page he highlights a full page add from Ford Arizona Ford Dealers with the following quote at the bottom of the add "Hurry to your Arizona Ford Dealer because there will only be 100 built! Available in coupe and convertable in black w/red stripes only.

I am also in possession of the Arizona Driver Magazine Volume 7 Number 1 edition titled Auctions '08 and on page 32 & 33 there is a full color work up article of the 2008 Limited Edition Barrett Jackson Mustang Shelby GT unveiled at the Arizona International Auto Show on page 33 it lists the following production numbers: Sources at the launch event anticipated the following model split:

Coupe Manual Transmission/47, Coupe Automatic Transmission/14,

Convertable Manual Transmission/28 & Convertable Automatic Transmission/11.

Now I believe I did see a BJ SGT with a dash plate that had a P001 number on it, which was indentified as a preproduction model, not sure if that is included in the 100 or not.

I am hoping when the new website comes up we can get more info on our cars, I need to be able to go back and edit mine from the original post and haven't been able to figure that out or even if that feature is available.

I would like to know the build sequence by SGTCSM number so I know what number out of 100 I received, kinda like the member wanting to know where SGT-C 056 is.

Just my thoughts, hey they could have some more stashed, who knows, but for right now on my car,

I'm staying with 1 0f 100.......

GG

Supposedly only 100. I saw Craig Jackson's #2201 at the parade on Wednesday. The BJs were produced at the end of the 2008 SGT run, so if there are only 2300 '08's, and the BJs start at 2201, where are the extras????

Mine were/are 2228 and 2247.

EDIT::::::

The real number on the GT-C's is 218 215

Blue production began with number 219

TOTAL 08 Production is 2258

The Barrett Jacksons are 100 98 after doing some research. The Blue numbers off the top of my head are correct.

The real number on the GT-C's is 219

The Barrett Jacksons are 100 after doing some research. The Blue numbers off the top of my head are correct.

THANKS ROGER FOR CONFIRMING THOSE NUMBERS.

SCOTTY

We will be releasing a "New Registry" Thread on Team Shelby 3.0 where we will keep owners informed of Registry topics, builds and other interesting information on the history of the "New Gen" Shelby's.

Roger,

That sounds great!!! Hey, FYI, we received the Dash Plaque for our GT-H. Thanks for the fast service!!!! :happy feet:

Stuart

Supposedly only 100. I saw Craig Jackson's #2201 at the parade on Wednesday. The BJs were produced at the end of the 2008 SGT run, so if there are only 2300 '08's, and the BJs start at 2201, where are the extras????

Mine were/are 2228 and 2247.

If Craig Jackson got the first one and it's 2201 and I have SGT2290, then I'm wondering if I can put in my signature I own 1 of the last 10 SGTs Mustangs built in 2008.

Interesting stuff, this was a really interesting thread, amazing at the knowledge base of our members.

No stripes yet and rained all day in Arkansas again, stripe shop's plotter is down, ordered new set from the decalshoppe in Surprize, AZ, very good folks to work with, they should be here on Saturday so hopefully I will be up and running next week, posted some pictures of my SGT/BJ on the stripes thread dressed in silver as I bought it from the dealer.

One other note, when I bought mine from Earnhardt Ford in Chandler, AZ there were five at Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, all of them were standards with four verts and a coupe. 3 of the verts had NAV, which I wanted but they did not have any automatics, I believe I bought the last automatic on any dealers lot in AZ.

Tony I believe as I recall Sanderson Fords numbers were within 20 numbers on either side of your twins, seems like I remember one as 226x, just my thoughts haven't checked back on their website to see if they had any left.

GG

I sure would like to know what build number out of the BJ SGT Mustangs mine was, who did you speak with?

Everything I have seen shows 100 BJ SGTs were produced, interesting........

GG

Sorry, i didn't ask about how many barrett jackson coupes/convertibles were made. I spoke with Roger and i asked him a couple times if those were final production figures because thats what i thought too.

Hey Tony & Scotty,

If Craig Jackson got the first one and it's 2201 and I have SGT2290, then I'm wondering if I can put in my signature I own 1 of the last 10 SGTs Mustangs built in 2008.

GG

This would need to be verified by someone in the know at SAI, but I dont believe the csm numbers correlate to the order the cars were built in.

I.E....the highest number was not the last car built, etc....

I heard that about the 07s, Im not sure if it applies to the 08s.

This would need to be verified by someone in the know at SAI, but I dont believe the csm numbers correlate to the order the cars were built in.

I.E....the highest number was not the last car built, etc....

I heard that about the 07s, Im not sure if it applies to the 08s.

Hey Roger,

Can you confirm the SGTs were numbered sequentially and the last number was 08SGT2300?

Where the BJs the last off the production line? inquiring minds want to know, we all know your busy, but this is certainly an interesting thread to follow.

Drop us a quick post.......

GG

The cars were not always built in the order of the CSM numbers. Tony's (2bjshelbys) cars were already with him before mine was even built and his numbers are in the 2000s and mine is 1977. Apparantly and obviously there were parallel projects with many bays with teams building the cars and some numbers were blocked off because some earlier numbers were produced after higher numbers.

Does the 760 convertibles include the BJ verts too or is that strictly the blue ones? This is really great info. Thanks for posting. Those are good memories, waiting for my car to be built, getting word it had been striped and finally Gary Patterson emailing me while I was in Iraq to let me know my car had been completed and was getting shipped to the dealer. Ah the excitement! Love these cars.

Barrett Jackson cars were mixed into the Vista Blue production. They were not sequential in builds. I am still analyizing data. Some very interesting information.

Here is a tidbit..........everyone thought there were 17 5-speed Hertz convertibles produced. There were 18. One Hertz vehicle in 07 had the shaker 1000. Only one.

More to come as I sort details.

Roger

EDIT::::::

The real number on the GT-C's is 218 215

Blue production began with number 219

TOTAL 08 Production is 2258

The Barrett Jacksons are 100 98 after doing some research. The Blue numbers off the top of my head are correct.

Roger,

Are you sure on the number of BJs, the info seems to indicate 100, This attachment of a Ford add matches up with some other info from the Barrett Jackson articles in the two magazines I looked at, and a full page Ford add stating there were 100 produced.

Just my thoughts.... GG

Ads and articles are written in advance of production, things change. I don't understand why it is so hard to take 2200+- vin # , csm #, put them in a computer and get a number of cars built. When the cars first get to Shelby aren't they logged in by vin #? When is the CSM # assigned in the process? Knowing that numbers on Shelbys have been important since '62 why wasn't a system in place to track and streamline this info starting with the Hertz cars? I know figuring in the details is more time consuming, which is what is taking up most of Roger's time, but the basic numbering I would think would start when the car first arrived. Hopefully going forward, Roger has put a system in place to make things easier for all.

I agree. Per Amy B, I received the following e-mail months back "I would say 219 is the last number of orange, there might be a number or 2 not used, or are for prototypes, untill the system is completely up cant tell"

What I have been told by numerous personel, including SHELBY Magazine article, and it goes with what Amy said, 217 were built plus 2 prototypes. Prototypes were possibly #1 and #2 with first number sold to the public #0003 and last number sold to public #0219. Which leaves first Vista Blue as #0220.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/galleries/08SGT...SGT115-1024.jpg

R/ J

Roger,

Are you sure on the number of BJs, the info seems to indicate 100, This attachment of a Ford add matches up with some other info from the Barrett Jackson articles in the two magazines I looked at, and a full page Ford add stating there were 100 produced.

Just my thoughts.... GG

And 2 proto's +100.

And 2 proto's +100.

Thanks Roger,

I swear I saw a picture of a prototype BJ identified as same with an 08SGT001P number on the dash, I either did a web search or might have saw it on this forum. Do you know what happened to the prototypes?

GG

Ads and articles are written in advance of production, things change. I don't understand why it is so hard to take 2200+- vin # , csm #, put them in a computer and get a number of cars built. When the cars first get to Shelby aren't they logged in by vin #? When is the CSM # assigned in the process? Knowing that numbers on Shelbys have been important since '62 why wasn't a system in place to track and streamline this info starting with the Hertz cars? I know figuring in the details is more time consuming, which is what is taking up most of Roger's time, but the basic numbering I would think would start when the car first arrived. Hopefully going forward, Roger has put a system in place to make things easier for all.

I agree. I would imagine all you have to do is pull the ORDER Sheet from FORD, and they will probably have something like: 220 08' Grabber Orange Mustang GT's order for SAI (Ford dealer code), So many Black ones, so many blue, etc. I assume that their computer has the exact number ov VIN's that have some type of CSM#. I think the registry has taken long is because of the specific options that each vehicle has. I.E nav, Shaker 1000, etc

Archived