TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch/Flywheel TSB Performed Today WOW!

joe53

While at the local dealer two weeks ago for the passenger seatbelt recall, I asked the Master Tech to perform the latest TSB 09-19-11 test on my car. He did so and came back and said the tranny was ok, but he would order the parts for the clutch/flywheel portion of the TSB. My car was built 9/26/06, but I had not had any issues, but the car only has 1170 miles. I knew the issues with the early build cars and I wanted to get the new parts in while under warranty, but I was still reluctant. Now I'm glad I did!

Dropped the car off this morning and got the call late afternoon that the repair was complete. I got there just after 5 and the Master Tech was gone, so I did not get to talk to him or test drive it. The car was left parked in his bay and they let me pull the car out of his bay and I immediately noticed a huge difference in the clutch. Very smooth and the best part is... absolutely no chatter, even on take off at 1000rpm. WOW, I love it. Drove car home and every start and stop was great. Clutch is awesome and the way it should be. I had them install the KR shifter and, of course, it is way cool.

I'm glad to report a favorable TSB experience and would encourage anyone to get theirs checked out. Dealer did not question anything whatsoever and covered it all under warranty.

It was an older recall dealing with the passenger side safety belt, maybe just on 07 model. I had gotten two notices reminding me to take it in and finally got around to it. It's about a 5 minute fix and your dealer should know about it.

While at the local dealer two weeks ago for the passenger seatbelt recall, I asked the Master Tech to perform the latest TSB 09-19-11 test on my car. He did so and came back and said the tranny was ok, but he would order the parts for the clutch/flywheel portion of the TSB. My car was built 9/26/06, but I had not had any issues, but the car only has 1170 miles. I knew the issues with the early build cars and I wanted to get the new parts in while under warranty, but I was still reluctant. Now I'm glad I did!

Dropped the car off this morning and got the call late afternoon that the repair was complete. I got there just after 5 and the Master Tech was gone, so I did not get to talk to him or test drive it. The car was left parked in his bay and they let me pull the car out of his bay and I immediately noticed a huge difference in the clutch. Very smooth and the best part is... absolutely no chatter, even on take off at 1000rpm. WOW, I love it. Drove car home and every start and stop was great. Clutch is awesome and the way it should be. I had them install the KR shifter and, of course, it is way cool.

I'm glad to report a favorable TSB experience and would encourage anyone to get theirs checked out. Dealer did not question anything whatsoever and covered it all under warranty.

I just don't get it. I have been to several dealerships and every damn one of them refuses to touch my car. They have all said the same thing. They are afraid that Ford will not approve the work after they do it and not pay them for the work. You cannot even begin to believe how frustrated I am.

Archived