Got Me a New Hood (PICS)

wickedstangs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that the KR style one?

That looks so hot!!

Closer to the Super Snake Hood

The hood looks great! And your paint looks tremendous....about 20 layers of wax on that?

Thanks

IT LOOKS GREAT.

Any pics of the underside?

Do you plan to install hood pins?

Will get those later today.... And I have a set of SS hood pins but, like it without the pins..

Here is mine. Still got some work to do on it but I should have it back on Friday! I will install stripes on top and underneath. I had the grooves filled in next to the vents and had the Trufiber logo filled in underneath as well.

100_6018.jpg

100_6019.jpg

100_6020.jpg

definitely my next mod. One thing has me confused, What is the difference between the "Recessed" hood and one that is not?

That looks AWESOME :happy feet:

This hood is the TRUFIBER VENOM HOOD TF10024-A53KR No RECESSED

100_6018.jpg

Mine is the TRUFIBER GT500 VENOM II HOOD TF10024-A54KR No RECESSED

DSC_0357.jpg

The RECESSED HOOD allow for the Twist Lock Hood Pin Kits The difference with the 2 hoods above is the center mine has a deeper look he has a bar in front... Mine has a more agressive look almost a 90 degree lift... His is smaller lift...

Considering you have DOD decals are the car . do you offer a Military discount? :hysterical: I've been stationed at the Point Loma Sub-base in San Diego before myself, you close to there?

Yes a big one..(discount)

I am real close to Point Loma... I am stationed on Naval Amphibious Base (NAB) Coronado just 2.5 years to go for retirement.... :happy feet: :happy feet:

This hood is the TRUFIBER VENOM HOOD TF10024-A53KR No RECESSED

100_6018.jpg

Mine is the TRUFIBER GT500 VENOM II HOOD TF10024-A54KR No RECESSED

DSC_0357.jpg

The RECESSED HOOD allow for the Twist Lock Hood Pin Kits The difference with the 2 hoods above is the center mine has a deeper look he has a bar in front... Mine has a more agressive look almost a 90 degree lift... His is smaller lift...

Yes I think my hood looks more like the KR and yours looks more like the SS. Love the look of both of them!

Getting the pics now... I am a distributor for Trufiber

Wich hood is that? Don't remember being able to see the dedicated opening on the RH side that looks like a feed for the CAI in any of the pics of Venom hoods.

Post up some pics once you get the stripes on. I want to see if the stripes fit between the heat extractors. Looks good.

Factory width stripes will not fit between the heat extractors. That is the only downside I see to this hood. I glassed in the trim groove that is about .7 inches around the vents to make the top of the hood smooth and will cut my stripes to fit around the vents. They will only need to be cut about a quarter inch or so where the vents are to fit so I don't think it will look too bad.

Okay, I need a favor from anyone that has the TruFiber hood. Could you get me a measurement from the back of the hood (at the windshield) to the air intake at the front of the hood. I would like to get my stripes from Ford so that they will match but if I get the Ford hood stripes they will have the cutouts for the extractors so I'm thinking the roof stripes may be long enough to do the back part of the hood then I could get front cover stripes to do the front part of the hood.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Okay, I need a favor from anyone that has the TruFiber hood. Could you get me a measurement from the back of the hood (at the windshield) to the air intake at the front of the hood. I would like to get my stripes from Ford so that they will match but if I get the Ford hood stripes they will have the cutouts for the extractors so I'm thinking the roof stripes may be long enough to do the back part of the hood then I could get front cover stripes to do the front part of the hood.

They are tapered strips... Its 10" in the rear.. I make my own strips and going go with 9 1/4 in all the way thru going to match it up to the front strips size.....

They won't work. I think you need about 54 inches of solid material.

Remember....the GT500 stripes from Ford for the hood will have the cut-outs already there for the standard vents in the factory GT500 hood (they were when I changed my stripes from white to red 18 months ago anyway). Kind of limits the length of the stripes that would be useful.

If they did not have those cut-outs, life would be sooo much better in a number of ways!

Archived