TEAM SHELBY FORUM

USA made wheels that fit GT500 brakes...

After 3+ monhs of looking for and not finding any wheels that will fit my SGT with brembos besides custom forged ones I am going with:

"These wheels were entirely made in china. They were manufactured in the same plant as BMW, Toyota, Ford, Nissan, GM, Harley Davidson, etc. They were made to the OEM standards versus aftermarket wheels from China that are made in back alley wheel plants that would not even be considered for OEM vehicles.

Is there a grey or silver paint in the lug holes, valve stem tire side and inner barrel? There should be a corrosion resistant coating in the inner barrel, tire side, lug holes and valve stem location. This has never been on any aftermarket wheel, only on production OEM all chrome wheels, not chrome clad wheels."

Whatever. :shift:

At least I am only paying $100 a wheel new still in the box.

After 3+ monhs of looking for and not finding any wheels that will fit my SGT with brembos besides custom forged ones I am going with:

"These wheels were entirely made in china. They were manufactured in the same plant as BMW, Toyota, Ford, Nissan, GM, Harley Davidson, etc. They were made to the OEM standards versus aftermarket wheels from China that are made in back alley wheel plants that would not even be considered for OEM vehicles.

Is there a grey or silver paint in the lug holes, valve stem tire side and inner barrel? There should be a corrosion resistant coating in the inner barrel, tire side, lug holes and valve stem location. This has never been on any aftermarket wheel, only on production OEM all chrome wheels, not chrome clad wheels."

Whatever. :shift:

At least I am only paying $100 a wheel new still in the box.

:camera:

If you say it a lot of times you will start to believe it. If you are paying $100/wheel for forged, they are sure as hell made in the the back alleys of China.

Not these, they were 2k a set but then Saleen wholesaled them in lots....I paid 600 with 150 for shipping brand new in the box. 19x9 19x10.

Frank S's car sucked me in I like the combo...size and offset.

I hate the Chinese part but Centerline and the other US makers had no fitments. Custom guys had 3 piece ones or CCW, not the look I liked...and too much coin for a driver IMO. I want my wife to enjoy driving the car and not worry about curbs etc...and honestly I dig the fiskes but man 6k in wheels and tires is not my bag...

Centerlines were what I wanted but at the last minute it became apparent that a wheel spacer was needed and again not on my daily driver...

The maker of the Saleen wheels is reputable. 18 inch Alcoas would have worked...I dont dig 20's all the rest of the Am Racing and Foose and SAI wheels I liked are made in China.

In the end I like the saleen wheels now to make/find some CS centercaps...any advice?

Well "Pimpstar" of course!

:hysterical: click on the video on that page if ya have 2 minutes to kill its priceless...

:hysterical: That's gotta be the best $16k I've ever spent! Only 2 weeks away and my 26x10 Pimpstar's will be on my SGT, flagging down smokin hot blondes in Ferrari's!

Archived