TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Gauge Cluster On Ebay

Does sound cheap, but I would hate to get it and find it shows 85K miles or something crazy!!!

MM

It wouldn't matter what the mileage shows since you'd have to have it matched to your car anyway.. i.e. it's going to show the mileage of your car once they mate it to your computer.

It wouldn't matter what the mileage shows since you'd have to have it matched to your car anyway.. i.e. it's going to show the mileage of your car once they mate it to your computer.

Actually the mileage can only be set at Ford's cluster center and they have (so far) refused to accept used clusters, only newly purchased units. The dealership does not have the ability to change the mileage, only program clusters to vehicles. And if you're replacing a cluster, i.e. putting a GT500 cluster into a GT500, no programming is necessary. Only if someone wants to install a GT500 cluster into a base V6 or GT would it have to be programmed at the dealership. They normally charge around $150 - $200.

$125 for the cluster itself is a pretty decent price. I bought a new cluster a couple of years ago for $215. I don't know what Ford charges today.

Actually the mileage can only be set at Ford's cluster center and they have (so far) refused to accept used clusters, only newly purchased units. The dealership does not have the ability to change the mileage, only program clusters to vehicles. And if you're replacing a cluster, i.e. putting a GT500 cluster into a GT500, no programming is necessary. Only if someone wants to install a GT500 cluster into a base V6 or GT would it have to be programmed at the dealership. They normally charge around $150 - $200.

$125 for the cluster itself is a pretty decent price. I bought a new cluster a couple of years ago for $215. I don't know what Ford charges today.

That's interesting. Does this mean that any used cluster you would buy wouldn't function as far as the mileage?

If you did buy a new cluster can you have it set to any mileage you want?

How do they verify the mileage of the car?

If you did buy a new cluster can you have it set to any mileage you want?

How do they verify the mileage of the car?

Yes it is SET to the mileage thats on the car! I dont know how that verify it, but I know its SHIPPED with the correct miles showing!

Makes you wonder if you could pull your cluster and change the miles with the same tool Ford uses.

MM

Yes it is SET to the mileage thats on the car! I dont know how that verify it, but I know its SHIPPED with the correct miles showing!

Yes. In my case, I bought a new GT500 cluster for my Whippled '05 GT. I had to forecast my car mileage to the seller. I received the cluster and as my mileage approached my forecasted mileage, I took my car into the dealership for the swap / programming. The dealership did ask me if the mileages were similar. I was less than one mile difference at the time of the swap.

Willie

Archived