TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RIPOFF at > $38K

wildcat

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUESTION:

What one thing can you DO with a Shelby GT500, Shelby GT or GT-H that you CAN'T do with a regular or normal type investment to make money?

ANSWER:

In a regular or normal type investment your money either sits at a bank earning intrest in a bank account or some type of CD. With a Shelby GT500, Shelby GT or GT-H you can have that same amount of money sitting in your garage where you can have access to anytime you want w/o pentally for an early withdrawal & you can drive it (or drive your money) around town or take it on vacation where others can enjoy & share your car as it was meant to be. Years later you will be far better off & had way more excitement using your money (car) than if it had sat in a bank account where you could never touch it.

Life is short, so invest in something that can be driven today & have value 10+ years down the road vs. sitting in a bank & just growing moldy.

With just a one year production run, it is a good investment. I am going to send a broker commission to Lonestar for advising me to purchase one of these limited production, one model year, Shelby GT500's.

One year production for the GT500? :headscratch:

As far as investment, realistically, for both the GT500 and the Shelby GT, that remains to be seen. Will they retain their value better (percent-wise) than a regular Mustang? Surely. Will they increase in value? Than remains to be seen. Is it a good investment for your psyche? Absolutely!!! :banana piano: :happy feet: :yup:

I'm not the spell police. I hate that sort of thing on a message board. I'm usually in the middle of different things when I post. He was just the first one to do the spell correction thing on me.

OHHHH and it may be a 2 yr run, and that would suck.

Yeah, I don't need a spel chek eyethur! :hysterical: Why would it suck if it was 2-3 year run? Because you wouldn't make any $$$? I wouldn't 'bet the farm' on a profit on this car, either way. Sorry, JMO.

i've already explained this why i want a 1 yr run.

Not to mention right now dealers are making bank based off the "only" 6000 production run. Making more screws those who buy based off the limited production run. This is different from the GT500 people because there a ton of info that clearly shows that it won't be a "limited" run in the same sense as the Shelby GT. Its clearly going to run thru 2008 and will more than double the production run currently being advertised by ford,shelby, dealers on the shelby gt.

It was news to me that they are considering doing another yr of the gt model. It certainly isn't what is being put out there to sell these cars, otherwise value drops for all involved. If they were considering another run, that should be very clearly put out there for the buying public to consider before they dropp 8K over MSRP.

With just a one year production run, it is a good investment. I am going to send a broker commission to Lonestar for advising me to purchase one of these limited production, one model year, Shelby GT500's.

Yes, I highly recommend you all empty your IRA's and form a line in our showroom.

QUESTION:

What one thing can you DO with a Shelby GT500, Shelby GT or GT-H that you CAN'T do with a regular or normal type investment to make money?

ANSWER:

In a regular or normal type investment your money either sits at a bank earning intrest in a bank account or some type of CD. With a Shelby GT500, Shelby GT or GT-H you can have that same amount of money sitting in your garage where you can have access to anytime you want w/o pentally for an early withdrawal & you can drive it (or drive your money) around town or take it on vacation where others can enjoy & share your car as it was meant to be. Years later you will be far better off & had way more excitement using your money (car) than if it had sat in a bank account where you could never touch it.

Life is short, so invest in something that can be driven today & have value 10+ years down the road vs. sitting in a bank & just growing moldy.

No car is a good investment. Buy the car to drive it and enjoy it.

Here's my 0.02 on all this chatter about money, ripoffs, investments, who's touching what, cheeze whiz somewhere and so on.

Everyone here is entitled to their opinion, be nice if it were delivered in a civil manner though.

I have proofread my post and hope I didn't make any mistakes.....

and lastly, I got the car I could afford and this is me beating the everloving crap out of it and lovin every minute of it

post-1973-1167544801_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1167545409_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1167544801_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1167545409_thumb.jpg

No car is a good investment. Buy the car to drive it and enjoy it.

I can drive it, enjoy it & watch it go up in value :doh:

Some times you need to be a visionary to see things coming, just like lake & ocean front property, they don't make it anymore & it goes up in value each year. So when your ready to sell your car for less than what you paid, let us know & if you paid an ADM let us now how much under MSRP your taking since it loses value since you drove it off the lot.

I can drive it, enjoy it & watch it go up in value :doh:

Some times you need to be a visionary to see things coming, just like lake & ocean front property, they don't make it anymore & it goes up in value each year. So when your ready to sell your car for less than what you paid, let us know & if you paid an ADM let us now how much under MSRP your taking since it loses value since you drove it off the lot.

Are you talking about the GT I just bought??? If so I know it will lose value, that's a given. I also didn't pay any ADM, it's a regular Mustang GT. I got it for $1000 under invoice. My total investment is under 25 grand. I plan to drive the wheels off this car so my enjoyment is my investment.

Are you talking about the GT I just bought??? If so I know it will lose value, that's a given. I also didn't pay any ADM, it's a regular Mustang GT. I got it for $1000 under invoice. My total investment is under 25 grand. I plan to drive the wheels off this car so my enjoyment is my investment.

The nice thing about having 3 mustangs is choosing which ones to drive everyday & which ones get limited use. My GT500 will get limited use but maximum enjoyment each & everytime I drive it.

The nice thing about having 3 mustangs is choosing which ones to drive everyday & which ones get limited use. My GT500 will get limited use but maximum enjoyment each & everytime I drive it.

:yup: A man with a Mustang for every mood.

I like your plan. :shift:

I had three but I sold one so now I'm down to two. A drop top for the warm weather and the 07 GT as my DD. Then there is old faithful, my 97 Tacoma 4X4 for the winter months. :shift:

I"ve had five. This one is the fastest and the best.

I've also had three wives. The last one was the fastest and the best.

This is starting to sound like d*ck waving.... :hysterical2:

Funny, i was thinking that exact same thing! :yup: :devil:

Archived