TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RIPOFF at > $38K

wildcat

Oh, Daddy :happy feet:

I hesitate to join the party here!

Y'all probably know how I feel about all this.

I don't care much who's name is on the car. Since I use W-2's - I'm mostly concerned with bang for de buck - not in a long-term (30-40 yr) "investment" in a car that may or may not bring big money then when we may all be (not me - I'll be dead) running on soy beans.

So - based solely on performance value, I did it my way.

I've got a 390 or so h.p. GT - with the suspension mods I'm going to use (and nothing more) for about $34.5k. (paid $26.5 for the premium GT)

But, the priceless part of my paradigm is the fun I've had "building" the car My way. It's exactly what I wanted and when you see me coming at you - you know it's me! :shift:

No flames toward those who choose a different path. It's your thing, baby - do what you wanna do!

You're just missing out on a lot of fun playing "aftermarket tuner!"

Merry, merry, and all that jazz, you hear? :shift:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my opinion.

My gripe about the GT500, is it really isn't a Shelby, and I've held that opinion since day one. It is a SVT Cobra, that Shelby whored his name out to be slapped on it along w/ the 50 thousand SVT and cobra badges...that is my complaint.

Your comment about Shelby whore-ing his name is a low blow, as in bellow the belt. ouch !!! I could and would never put it that way. Now when Shelby put his name to the Dodge 4 banger GLC or whatever it was called, one may have the opinion of CS attaching his name to an inferior product.

A Shelby GT500 is a Shelby and a Cobra.

I was not pointing the finger at you. But it begs the question: When is it endorsement/advisory, and when is it slapping your name on anything? This car is a Shelby in the historical sense, whether it was made in Detroit or LV, it makes no difference. I am not knocking SVT, I never would. They were and are responsible for the genesis and survival of the Cobra name, and are a group of brilliant folks. I just don't think that the GT 500 is not a Shelby just because it wasn't completed in LV, that's all. Long Live George Foreman!!!!! :hysterical:

See? This type of conversation is constructive!!! :beerchug:

Thanks Mike! Looks like everyone's put my "suckers" comment behind them, and now your "whore" comment will be the focus for a while. Welcome to the club! Who knew mustang fans were so sensitive! Is this StangsUnleashed or Oprah!!!

Thanks Mike! Looks like everyone's put my "suckers" comment behind them, and now your "whore" comment will be the focus for a while. Welcome to the club! Who knew mustang fans were so sensitive! Is this StangsUnleashed or Oprah!!!

We have not forgot you. :spiteful:

On the next Oprah ..... Grabber gets his feelings hurt because RufDraft did not seek his advice before modding his GT .... Grabber threatens to have Ruf banned from the message boards .... Grabber "whores" his opinions to anyone and everyone who will listen ... Dr. Phil pays a visit to tell Grabber to "shut his suck hole".

Merry Christmas!

On the next Oprah ..... Grabber gets his feelings hurt because RufDraft did not seek his advice before modding his GT .... Grabber threatens to have Ruf banned from the message boards .... Grabber "whores" his opinions to anyone and everyone who will listen ... Dr. Phil pays a visit to tell Grabber to "shut his suck hole".

Merry Christmas!

Wildthang...I think I luv you. :wub:

Will you go on the Dr. Ruth show with me next week..I wanna know for sure. :baby:

Grabber, you know I love you!!! Heck, I love all y'all! Joy to the world!! God Bless us, each and every one ... those getting MSRP and those paying ADM ... those going GT500 and those going Shelby GT ... those going "true" Shelby and those modding a GT ... basically all of us StangsUnleashed addics!! Merry Christmas!! HO HO HO!!

Grabber, you know I love you!!! Heck, I love all y'all! Joy to the world!! God Bless us, each and every one ... those getting MSRP and those paying ADM ... those going GT500 and those going Shelby GT ... those going "true" Shelby and those modding a GT ... basically all of us StangsUnleashed addics!! Merry Christmas!! HO HO HO!!

Can we please get back to gardening. :backtotopic:

Archived