TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RIPOFF at > $38K

wildcat

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Dec 22 2006, 08:19 PM) 77800[/snapback]

W-2? That was an experimental rotary powered Oldsmobile from the early 1970's. You see, they started with a 442 W-30, but took out the 455-V8 and replaced it with a 2-rotor Mazda wankel engine..............OK, maybe not.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the decoding 5-0 :hysterical:

...... I couldn't resist. All in good fun. Can't we all just get along, despite our difference of opinions

:rant: honestly don't think calling people that make a decision in how to spend their hard earned money "suckers". to me, that is truly demeaning and down right rude! Can you honestly say that you have never paid more for something that you really wanted? If you have, that does not make you a sucker. If you say you havent, than I think you would be lying to yourself. With that said, yes we can all get along even with different opinions. Not a good idea, however, to call forum members suckers or anything else for that matter, just because they really want something in life, no matter what it may be.........

:rant: honestly don't think calling people that make a decision in how to spend their hard earned money "suckers". to me, that is truly demeaning and down right rude! Can you honestly say that you have never paid more for something that you really wanted? If you have, that does not make you a sucker. If you say you havent, than I think you would be lying to yourself. With that said, yes we can all get along even with different opinions. Not a good idea, however, to call forum members suckers or anything else for that matter, just because they really want something in life, no matter what it may be.........

+1...next he'll threaten you with a W-2. I think that's like an M-16 or something. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Let's cut to the chase ... this car is a ripoff at this price. I followed the GT500 for 2 years prior to its release, but due to the high ADM I had to give up on it. This Shelby GT looked to be the perfect "sleeper" to come in at a much more reasonable price and still have the Shelby name on it. I've been anxiously awaiting the price for months. And now it becomes painfully obvious that this is even more of a ripoff than the GT500. Heck, this thing will cost nearly as much, and most of the ad-ons are just cosmetic.

This seals the deal for me. I'm going with a stock GT and adding some of my own mods. Later suckers! RUF had it right 4 months ago when he did the same thing!

Wildcat,

You deserve to post your opinion. It is kind of rough around the edges to put it kindly. I have no comments except this one. I have reported this thread to the mods and asked that it be removed from Amy's forum. She has far better things to do than wade thru this crap. :angry2:

Edit: My mistake, I thought this was in Amy's forum. Bash away gentlemen.

+1...next he'll threaten you with a W-2. I think that's like an M-16 or something. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Can you imagine if we ALL had our CAR'S (Shelby's GT500 or Shelby GT's) a full tank of gas, and for us Canadian's no snow to deal with ..........right now , just imagine how much fun we could have leaving long black lines on the road behind us.........and then a cold one afterwards.........you all have a great Xmas and NewYear with your friends and families..........stay safe.

Wildcat,

You deserve to post your opinion. It is kind of rough around the edges to put it kindly. I have no comments except this one. I have reported this thread to the mods and asked that it be removed from Amy's forum. She has far better things to do than wade thru this crap. :angry2:

Rob,

I don't agree with some of the opinions but this isn't being said in AMY's Q&A forum...I thought it was for awhile. I think people should be able to express their opinion here. If they can be civil!

Wildcat,

Uh oh, Grabber's telling on me. I guess I'll have to stand in the corner for expressing a valid (yet objectionable) opinion! ..... :banghead::banghead::banghead: ..... Oops, I'm supposed to be finding another shrink instead of being sucked into this bickering. But I can't fetch my phone out from the hole I made in the sheetrock. HELP!!

Wildcat,

Edit: My mistake, I thought this was in Amy's forum. Bash away gentlemen.

I edited the above post. I thought this was in Amy's section. I am on heavy meds tonight. Carry on men. :baby:

Have you ever listened to Dave Ramsey? He's full of great advice, and he doesn't use the word "sucker" ... he uses "Stupid Tax"!! :hysterical::hysterical: I think that's about right for anyone willing to pay $50K for a $28K GT with mods. (But what would I know, I'm just a bitter, broke, loser .....)

I edited the above post. I thought this was in Amy's section. I am on heavy meds tonight. Carry on men. :baby:

Grabber, it's all good! No harm, no foul. Luckily I'm feeling better now. I thought I was going to have to go blazing into my local Ford dealer with W-2's locked and loaded to unload some of this pent up anger! RAT TAT TAT goes the W-2!

Have you ever listened to Dave Ramsey? He's full of great advice, and he doesn't use the word "sucker" ... he uses "Stupid Tax"!! :hysterical::hysterical: I think that's about right for anyone willing to pay $50K for a $28K GT with mods. (But what would I know, I'm just a bitter, broke, loser .....)

Grabber, it's all good! No harm, no foul. Luckily I'm feeling better now. I thought I was going to have to go blazing into my local Ford dealer with W-2's locked and loaded to unload some of this pent up anger! RAT TAT TAT goes the W-2!

Wow!!!! Thats all I have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was going to have to go blazing into my local Ford dealer with W-2's locked and loaded to unload some of this pent up anger!

I thought that a W-2 was a year end wage statement. So let me get this right. You are going to bitch whip the dealer with your W-2's. Hope it works. :hysterical:

I thought that a W-2 was a year end wage statement. So let me get this right. You are going to bitch whip the dealer with your W-2's. Hope it works. :hysterical:

Grabber, in a previous post by mastersmech1, he insinuated I was a broke loser so I jokingly said "Don't make me show you my W-2". Obviously it's a wage statement. But a bunch of guys ran with it in subsequent posts and joked about it being "like an M-16", etc. So I was just piling on with the same line of reasoning in my comment about my W-2 "locked and loaded". I'm sure we can all appreciate a little year end tax humor! :doh:

Grabber, in a previous post by mastersmech1, he insinuated I was a broke loser so I jokingly said "Don't make me show you my W-2". Obviously it's a wage statement. But a bunch of guys ran with it in subsequent posts and joked about it being "like an M-16", etc. So I was just piling on with the same line of reasoning in my comment about my W-2 "locked and loaded". I'm sure we can all appreciate a little year end tax humor! :doh:

I just had a vision of you standing in the show room being turned down on a MSRP deal. You were holding the GM by the throat and Bitch slapping his face back and forth with a wad of 10 years of W-2 statements. You were yelling while you were slapping him in the face "My W-2's prove I can't afford ADM, so give me MSRP now boy". :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Let's cut to the chase ... this car is a ripoff at this price. I followed the GT500 for 2 years prior to its release, but due to the high ADM I had to give up on it. This Shelby GT looked to be the perfect "sleeper" to come in at a much more reasonable price and still have the Shelby name on it. I've been anxiously awaiting the price for months. And now it becomes painfully obvious that this is even more of a ripoff than the GT500. Heck, this thing will cost nearly as much, and most of the ad-ons are just cosmetic.

This seals the deal for me. I'm going with a stock GT and adding some of my own mods. Later suckers! RUF had it right 4 months ago when he did the same thing!

One sucker right here!!! :yahoo:

I was on the five different lists for the GT500, and all of them changed their tune and went with ADM or bumped me down the list. The Shelby GT is exactly what I have been waiting for, a Mustang that can be customized from Shelby the way I want it. Will it cost more than the GT500? Maybe, with the current ADMs. Will I enjoy the Shelby GT more for me? Definitely. I get the car the way I want it in a limited production, with the many options I want, in a lighter car and it still has Shelby listed on it. No, I am not holding on to the car as an investment but I have always wanted a Shelby and now I can afford one.

So if I am a sucker for getting the car I have always wanted at a price I feel is worth it to me then so be it. Maybe others thought that the GT500 was at the price they were willing to pay at 65K, good for them. Either way I look forward to you modding your Mustang GT and posting pictures. Good luck to all finding the car you have always wanted at the price you feel comfortable with as well.

:banana piano:

I just had a vision of you standing in the show room being turned down on a MSRP deal. You were holding the GM by the throat and Bitch slapping his face back and forth with a wad of 10 years of W-2 statements. You were yelling while you were slapping him in the face "My W-2's prove I can't afford ADM, so give me MSRP now boy". :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

:hysterical2:

No use Crispy, this thread will never die! It will go on for months...next thing you know we will be discussing gardening or something? :hysterical2:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Dec 22 2006, 08:19 PM) 77800[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

W-2? That was an experimental rotary powered Oldsmobile from the early 1970's. You see, they started with a 442 W-30, but took out the 455-V8 and replaced it with a 2-rotor Mazda wankel engine..............OK, maybe not.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the decoding 5-0 :hysterical:

Here is my opinion.

I love the GT500, and I'd have one if they were going for sticker. I used to think they would, but now I don't think any will go for sticker until late next yr, for most buyers they are going to go over for new. the used aftermarket who knows.

But the Shelby GT to me and always has been the car to own, esp if you're into the shelby name and more importantly if you are a collector, which i am not. My gripe about the GT500, is it really isn't a Shelby, and I've held that opinion since day one. It is a SVT Cobra, that Shelby whored his name out to be slapped on it along w/ the 50 thousand SVT and cobra badges...that is my complaint. 3 different badges on one car, that Shelby never touched aside from the anniversary packages being offered.

Now, the car certainly doesn't embarass the Shelby name, cuz the car is a beast! But lets be real, Shelby is just making bank letting Ford use his name so the can make bank...win win. Prolly a sweet deal to get Shelby back into the mustang biz w/ ford, and hence we get the Shelby GT...maybe I'm wrong.

So this car isn't 500HP. so what. It is a real 'shelby" and a truly limited production car, esp when you compare it to the numbers of GT500's that will be produced. So you are paying for the shelby name and to own the first true shelby stang in many years.

Right now dealers are hyping the myth of the GT500 being some rare collectors car w/ small production numbers, and while it may not have the production of a regular GT, by EOY 2007 there will be a good number of them around. Plus the people selling theirs to get the new challenger or camaro, the used market will drive down some of the prices on the new.

I'd like a SVT Cobra GT500 Shelby myself, but not at the ADM or MSRP when I can have an orginal Shelby touched GT shipped straight from Vegas.

I like 'em both, for different reasons. One is a cannon, the other a sniper rifle. Both are good cars with different handling/power characteristics. In my mind, they are both Shelbys, but having this added onto in LV is pretty cool. Don't forget, they are both Fords first. Ultimately, who screws on the power packs doesn't really matter. With a s/c, the Shelby GT may be a better overall car-- for me - but therre is no 'vert option.

As just about everyone here knows, I would really love to see a GT 350. I think it would be the ultimate statement. Light, and powerful-- with lots of history behind it as well. I do not doubt that FoMoCo will produce this in Dearborn under Shelby's license. Who wouldn't want one of those?

USAFmike, I like where you're coming from. What I don't understand is why I can use the word "sucker" and within 2 hours there's 30 posts saying I'm a loser, and you can call Carrol Shelby a "whore" and no one says a thing!!! Am I missing something?

Like I've always known, I AM A VICTIM!!!! LIFE ISN'T FAIR TO ME!!!!! WAAAHHHH, WAAAAHHH, WAAHHH!!!!!

(Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with your post, I was just surprised how many people took objection to mine without taking objection to other posts like calling an 84 year old auto legend a whore!) PEACE!!!

Here is my opinion.

It is a SVT Cobra, that Shelby whored his name out to be slapped on it along w/ the 50 thousand SVT and cobra badges...that is my complaint.

Mike,

Did you talk to your commanding officer like that?

Did you bad mouth your mom and dad like that?

Do you have respect for your elders?

You have no clue on what involvement SAI had in the planning of the GT500. Amy set the record straight on this and the fact that the car is a Shelby. Look at your window sticker. It says: SHELBY.

You really pissed me off talking about Carrol Shelby like that. :angry2:

Mike,

You have no clue on what involvement SAI had in the planning of the GT500. Amy set the record straight on this and the fact that the car is a Shelby. Look at your window sticker. It says: SHELBY.

Your starting to sound like KC. :hysterical:

Mike,

+1

Golly, I never knew "sucker" was such a blasphemous word to toss around! My apologies ..... SUCKERS!!! :hysterical2:

Fact is, a Shelby is an original, unique. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As far as dollars go, if you can not afford a Shelby, then that my friend makes you the sucker in this case. If we crossed each other on the road, you in a Mustang GT and I, in a Shelby GT I would suspect you would cringe with a tad of jelousy.

Anyhow, let's lighten up here. Carol Shelby is a legend and let's not tarnish his good name and of his company, Amy B. dedicated employee's etc. etc. No matter how you look at it, a Shelby is a bargain, period.

From late '67 on, Ford made the Shelbys in Michigan. Thousands of them. Was he a whore then? Get over yourself.

The reality is, if all the GT 500s had to go through the LV plant, there would have been many,many fewer of these things, and 90% of the folks on this forum couldn't afford or even find one.

What's wrong with Ford manufacturing the Shelby GT500? How does that make him a whore? Then, I suppose, since George Foreman doesn't make his own grills-- he may have had input, and probably alot less than Carroll Shelby did--does this make George Foreman a whore? Or virtually every major sports figure who puts their name on any product?????

Just because you are angry because the Shelby GT came in a couple of grand more than predicted-- or how much you felt it should cost- doesn't make it right to go slinging someone's name- or anyone's name for that matter- with mud. Grow up a little.

Here is my opinion.

My gripe about the GT500, is it really isn't a Shelby, and I've held that opinion since day one. It is a SVT Cobra, that Shelby whored his name out to be slapped on it along w/ the 50 thousand SVT and cobra badges...that is my complaint.

Your comment about Shelby whore-ing his name is a low blow, as in bellow the belt. ouch !!! I could and would never put it that way. Now when Shelby put his name to the Dodge 4 banger GLC or whatever it was called, one may have the opinion of CS attaching his name to an inferior product.

A Shelby GT500 is a Shelby and a Cobra.

Archived