TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which exhaust????

29bill

When I came over I had a set of SVT1s on. Overall the sound was OK, but I found the SVT1s had an exhaust note that I didn't care for in the 1700-2000 RPM range. I put a set of Bullitts/GTBs on now and they are a little quiet but OK. But then I heard a side by side with mine and a 2010 at the dealer a couple weeks ago and if I can find a good deal on a set of 2010s and they fit I think I would like that a little better-but either one is OK.

Mastersmech was the first to put on a set of 2010s on a 07-09 and he raved about it. As it turns out he was the original purchaser of the set of SVT1s I had and he didn't care for the SVT1s for the exact same reason I didn't. He didn't comment about the mounts. I know the coupe and vert 2010 mufflers are different-is it the sound or the mounts? Either way this is the first I've heard about mounting issues. The only thing mastersmech commented about and showed pics of is the 2010s are a little longer because of the facia difference. Did your buddy try to mount the coupe 2010s you have on a 07-09 Mustang?

well i ordered the magnaflow muffler deletes for the 2010 gt500's and was told they would fit. well they didnt fit the hangers were off about 1.5" on each hanger. they said that kit works on the gt's so they figured it would work on the gt500's. but they were wrong. we actually just installed my mufflers on my buddy's 08 gt yesterday and they did go on no problem. it did give his car a deeper and meaner sound then stock. but overall still not loud at all.

When I came over I had a set of SVT1s on. Overall the sound was OK, but I found the SVT1s had an exhaust note that I didn't care for in the 1700-2000 RPM range. I put a set of Bullitts/GTBs on now and they are a little quiet but OK. But then I heard a side by side with mine and a 2010 at the dealer a couple weeks ago and if I can find a good deal on a set of 2010s and they fit I think I would like that a little better-but either one is OK.

Mastersmech was the first to put on a set of 2010s on a 07-09 and he raved about it. As it turns out he was the original purchaser of the set of SVT1s I had and he didn't care for the SVT1s for the exact same reason I didn't. He didn't comment about the mounts. I know the coupe and vert 2010 mufflers are different-is it the sound or the mounts? Either way this is the first I've heard about mounting issues. The only thing mastersmech commented about and showed pics of is the 2010s are a little longer because of the facia difference. Did your buddy try to mount the coupe 2010s you have on a 07-09 Mustang?

Really--the vert and coupe have different mufflers?why would that be??

• 1 month later...

Does doing these minor mods effect the 2010's warranty? I am interested in getting a cooler tstat, upgrading the cooling system, just not sure if it will void my warranty from Ford. I realize you can get a custom SCT tuner, program your stock tune, + 2 others, and can restore the stock for warranty issues, but what about the tstat and the other stuff you did? Sorry, can't get any local dealership feedback on this for some reason.

Does doing these minor mods effect the 2010's warranty? I am interested in getting a cooler tstat, upgrading the cooling system, just not sure if it will void my warranty from Ford. I realize you can get a custom SCT tuner, program your stock tune, + 2 others, and can restore the stock for warranty issues, but what about the tstat and the other stuff you did? Sorry, can't get any local dealership feedback on this for some reason.

It's up to your dealer. When the economy was good a lot of them would try to find every way to void your warranty. As they had plenty of non-warranty work which paid more. Now a lot of them will find a way to get your car covered under warranty as they'd rather have warranty work then no work. It really comes down to the service manager at your dealer.

Third set of mufflers .... and you do know the old saying

" Third times a charm"

KR mufflers all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The M-5230-SGT, M-5230-5GT have been installed on my car and then removed, the droning was unbearable at highway speeds. The M-5230-SVT sounds like stock. When the news of the KR mufflers hit the forums and a link was provided I jump on them right away. They were installed in my driveway and have been enjoying them ever since. What is amazing about this muffler set is the lack of interior noise. All the sound is directed behind the car and its awesome. I tried the 5GT and the SGT and the both drone at 1500 to 1800 RPM. The drone is from 55 to 75 mph highway speeds. The SVT-1 are the same as stock.The KR muffler's have no drone. It's nice and quite in the cabin. Listening to the radio is a pleasure again. When you hoop on it all you hear is super charger and the motor making power.

<h1 id="dhdr1">Shelby GT500KR Axle-Back Exhaust Kit M-5230-S </h1>The only way to go...

Couple of questiuions --!st, can you return mufflers if you dont like them.Ive been holding off buying rying to gigure which ones would be best.2nd, i want to stay with the 4in exhaust--will the KR model you like be 4in--thanks

Couple of questiuions --!st, can you return mufflers if you dont like them.Ive been holding off buying rying to gigure which ones would be best.2nd, i want to stay with the 4in exhaust--will the KR model you like be 4in--thanks

Unfortunately "nope" to both questions........................... Roush all the way!!!! WoooooooooHooooooooooooo

Unfortunately "nope" to both questions........................... Roush all the way!!!! WoooooooooHooooooooooooo

Thanks--guess im back to lookig for a 4in exhaust.I like the sound of the Roush,but at 64 its loud for me.Folks talk about wanting the old muscle car sound, and I have a 100% stock/original 65 GTO and I can tell you they werent loud.There was cam rumble,esp with the 097 cam in the Pontiacs,but werent loud,unless you put headers on,or Cherry Bombs.Ill keep the searcn going

I don't know, but the 2010 seems louder than my 08 stock, just perfect. That being said, if I was to change out mufflers I'd go with the KR's. Had them on my last car and loved them.

That's because it is louder then the 08. The problem with the 2010 is that the car has better sound deadening making it seem quieter while driving. Now I've driven behind my car and it sounds pretty damn good as a spectator. Not as loud as my 05 GT with SLP Loudmouths but worlds better then the 2007-09.

The 2010 models are louder than the 07,08 or 09 models

One of several things I noticed when our first 2010 arrived

I don't know, but the 2010 seems louder than my 08 stock, just perfect. That being said, if I was to change out mufflers I'd go with the KR's. Had them on my last car and loved them.

Drove my car at 80mph ... a tad louder than the old stock exhaust with the new KR mufflers .... by far the best set I have had on to date.

MY H pipe will go on sometime next week when i get time to do it ... decided to do it myself thanks to Robs directions

man oh man ... when does he find time to take all those cutsie pictures of his :hysterical:

I am a big Corsa fan and put the Xtreme's on my 2010 GT500. I love them. There is no drone, quiet on the highway with just a note of rumble, but really wakes up when you step on the throttle. I have to agree with everyone that the sound deadening in the passenger compartment is very good, for when I stood behind the car when someone else drove it away it sounded twice as good as when I was inside.

The Xtreme's are a great compromise, not too loud but outstnading tone, queit on the road but wild when you accelerate. Just what I was looking for, and they have great customer service and stand behind their products!

I am a big Corsa fan and put the Xtreme's on my 2010 GT500. I love them. There is no drone, quiet on the highway with just a note of rumble, but really wakes up when you step on the throttle. I have to agree with everyone that the sound deadening in the passenger compartment is very good, for when I stood behind the car when someone else drove it away it sounded twice as good as when I was inside.

The Xtreme's are a great compromise, not too loud but outstnading tone, queit on the road but wild when you accelerate. Just what I was looking for, and they have great customer service and stand behind their products!

Waht size tips

Archived