TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which exhaust????

29bill

I've been debating on which exhaust to put on my car. Cat back or Axle back, which manufacturer and how aggresive they will sound? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I've considered the Magnapac's, Corsa, and the Roush off road. I want more sound then the stock but not muffler deletes or real obnoxious. I would love to have a deep muscle car sounding exhaust that turns heads. I still want to keep the 4" tips for the look. The video clips on youtube are deceiving. Please give me you input, I want to make the change this week for some overdue sound from the car....

thanks,

29bill

I am very happy with my Ford Racing Stingers. They have 4" rolled tips and are a little bit louder and throatier than stock. They will probably get even slightly louder once the AR headers go on in the Spring. For some, even this is not loud enough, but it sounds like you don't want anything drastic. Not sure how else to do it other than YouTube or other video/audio clips. The best way, of course, is to experience them in person. To that end, you are welcome to come hear mine if you are ever up around D.C. I did a serach on this topic and came up with countless threads, including one I started a few weeks ago:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49024

The M-5230-SGT, M-5230-5GT have been installed on my car and then removed, the droning was unbearable at highway speeds. The M-5230-SVT sounds like stock. When the news of the KR mufflers hit the forums and a link was provided I jump on them right away. They were installed in my driveway and have been enjoying them ever since. What is amazing about this muffler set is the lack of interior noise. All the sound is directed behind the car and its awesome. I tried the 5GT and the SGT and the both drone at 1500 to 1800 RPM. The drone is from 55 to 75 mph highway speeds. The SVT-1 are the same as stock.The KR muffler's have no drone. It's nice and quite in the cabin. Listening to the radio is a pleasure again. When you hoop on it all you hear is super charger and the motor making power.

<h1 id="dhdr1">Shelby GT500KR Axle-Back Exhaust Kit M-5230-S </h1>The only way to go...

I've been debating on which exhaust to put on my car. Cat back or Axle back, which manufacturer and how aggresive they will sound? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I've considered the Magnapac's, Corsa, and the Roush off road. I want more sound then the stock but not muffler deletes or real obnoxious. I would love to have a deep muscle car sounding exhaust that turns heads. I still want to keep the 4" tips for the look. The video clips on youtube are deceiving. Please give me you input, I want to make the change this week for some overdue sound from the car....

thanks,

29bill

I just changed over to the frpp svt1's - axle back . They have 4" tips and sound great with no cabin drone. Perfect set up for me !

I like how the "KR" system sounds..but I think that's only available in the 3.5" tips..unless they've come out with some new ones for the '10 model.

I ordered the Roush system. It should be here/installed this Friday. Go to youtube and search 2010 Roush exhaust...there is a silver GT with multiple videos...the sound should be very similar to a GT500. I have heard that the sound is unbelievable...no drone, very aggressive but NOT rediculous. I guess time will tell for me...I hope that I have made a good investment. I am getting a custom tune/pulley swap this Friday also. I CAN'T WAIT!

Scott

Our offroad X was the perfect fix to make the car sound how it should. No need to buy other mufflers. The KR's that come on the car are aggressive enough. It's the stock cats that keep them sounding tame.

My personal opinion is that the KR's with an offroad X makes it sound like a Magnapack system.

Here's a few videos. Listen for yourself.

I ordered the Roush system. It should be here/installed this Friday. Go to youtube and search 2010 Roush exhaust...there is a silver GT with multiple videos...the sound should be very similar to a GT500. I have heard that the sound is unbelievable...no drone, very aggressive but NOT rediculous. I guess time will tell for me...I hope that I have made a good investment. I am getting a custom tune/pulley swap this Friday also. I CAN'T WAIT!

Scott

+1000000000 on the Roush..........I'm extremely happy I went with it. Here are all the clips I took of it.........listen for yourself.....

Stock exhaust:

Everything else is Roush.................

some windows down action..........I thought I edited it at :42...the rest is at a stop light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9fSuPyZG2g

better windows down.............

Scott

I like the sound of the Roush system too...between that and the KR's. I'm weird in the way that it bothers me having a roush system on a Shelby. (it's just a personal issue - I'd rather have all "shelby" parts on the car - maybe a symptom of "OCD"? )

Plus...I know it's minor..and wouldn't bother 99% of the people..the Roush tips have the words "Roush" stamped on the tops. I know you can barely see it..but it's just me again...I'd know it was there.

But as far as just purely sound goes...the KR's and Roush are my fav.

:lurk:

Nothing like a good exhaust discussion. So many opinions; no right answer.

Seriously, and videos are hard to go by. Some of the systems I've seen in videos sound way different in person. I met a guy down at the OC Fall Cruisin that had the Kooks headers and I think Stingers and it was crazy loud to the point my ears hurt as he drove by.

Does anyone have the Bassani axle back system?

I would like to know the same from any TS members. I have listened to a lot of sounds on youtube and the Bassani just sounds soo close to what I want when I get mine. So any TS members that have this I would really like to know your opinion on the system. I was looking at going CAT back.

I have the Bassani 2010 axle back system. The only difference from prior years is that they had to make it a little bit longer to clear the rear. The tips are 4inches.

I can say that the sound is much better than stock. Much deeper and throaty however you spell that..lol..I would recomment Bassani.

Now saying that, the axle back was just not enough for me. I liked the sound, but I craved that real race car sound and knew that I needed a new x-pipe. I was going to wait for the entire 3 inch system but Bassni didn't know when it was going to come out, they say before Chrismas but who knows. So I went with the JBA off road x-pipe and all I can say is WOW! I know that the color combo that I went with is loud, but now I can say so is the sound. I finally got the race car sound that I wanted. I'm glad I went with the 2.5inch system as well, I'm told the 3in is even louder and maybe too loud!

So all in all, the Bassani axle back might be what your looking for, if you just want it a lil louder then I recommend it. If your craving some real sound so people know that your coming, then you will want to get a different x-pipe.

Oh and drone, I did notice a lil drone with the axle system and low RPM's. Not too bad, but yes there is a little bit.

I have the Bassani 2010 axle back system. The only difference from prior years is that they had to make it a little bit longer to clear the rear. The tips are 4inches.

I can say that the sound is much better than stock. Much deeper and throaty however you spell that..lol..I would recomment Bassani.

Now saying that, the axle back was just not enough for me. I liked the sound, but I craved that real race car sound and knew that I needed a new x-pipe. I was going to wait for the entire 3 inch system but Bassni didn't know when it was going to come out, they say before Chrismas but who knows. So I went with the JBA off road x-pipe and all I can say is WOW! I know that the color combo that I went with is loud, but now I can say so is the sound. I finally got the race car sound that I wanted. I'm glad I went with the 2.5inch system as well, I'm told the 3in is even louder and maybe too loud!

So all in all, the Bassani axle back might be what your looking for, if you just want it a lil louder then I recommend it. If your craving some real sound so people know that your coming, then you will want to get a different x-pipe.

Oh and drone, I did notice a lil drone with the axle system and low RPM's. Not too bad, but yes there is a little bit.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just looking for a little better sound but I was concerned that I would end up with drone. I had a Bassani cat-back system on my 2004 Cobra. I liked the sound but there was a little drone at highway speeds.

Have the Magnaflow Muffler Deletes and love them. Really not as loud as I would've thought since theres no mufflers. To me, they sound a lot like the Roush videos that were posted. I would assume any muffler delete exhaust would sound the same. If I had to do it all over again I'd prob save a couple hundred bucks and just go to a custom muffler shop and have them make me some axleback pipes. $400+ for some 30" long pipes with tips is a little crazy

Have the Magnaflow Muffler Deletes and love them. Really not as loud as I would've thought since theres no mufflers. To me, they sound a lot like the Roush videos that were posted. I would assume any muffler delete exhaust would sound the same. If I had to do it all over again I'd prob save a couple hundred bucks and just go to a custom muffler shop and have them make me some axleback pipes. $400+ for some 30" long pipes with tips is a little crazy

I got a good deal on some used Mac Boomtubes which is basically a muffler delete but has some silencing in the tip. Sound is very good from them, no real drone in comparison to a few other cars I have put exhaust on. If there is any is really minor and not worth worrying about. Love the tone and volume of the exhaust though. I was really expecting it to be much louder than it is.

I have a B&B system on my SRT8 Jeep with the loud version mufflers and xpipe and it's quite a bit louder.

I wouldn't mind the exhaust a little louder but I think going to the off road xpipe will end up way too loud.

The M-5230-SGT, M-5230-5GT have been installed on my car and then removed, the droning was unbearable at highway speeds. The M-5230-SVT sounds like stock. When the news of the KR mufflers hit the forums and a link was provided I jump on them right away. They were installed in my driveway and have been enjoying them ever since. What is amazing about this muffler set is the lack of interior noise. All the sound is directed behind the car and its awesome. I tried the 5GT and the SGT and the both drone at 1500 to 1800 RPM. The drone is from 55 to 75 mph highway speeds. The SVT-1 are the same as stock.The KR muffler's have no drone. It's nice and quite in the cabin. Listening to the radio is a pleasure again. When you hoop on it all you hear is super charger and the motor making power.

<h1 id="dhdr1">Shelby GT500KR Axle-Back Exhaust Kit M-5230-S </h1>The only way to go...

+1 .... bought the same two myself .... same scenario too ... seriously considering going with the KR's too !

I went with the Magnapac / cat back exhaust. Sounds good. Deeper muscle car sound, but does drone around 2000rpm. Not sure I'm happy. Wasn't what I was looking for. I'm probably going to switch them for the Roush as everyone suggested or possibly the Corsa. We'll see.

Had a set of Corsa's that I installed when I first got my Shelby, They were on my Mustang GT which I took off when I traded it in. They sounded like a dead pussy cat, no growl at all. You could hear them when you got on the gas but nothing till then. The stock exhaust sounded better till I installed my Roushes and now it sounds lions. You will not be disappointed with the Roushes. I wouldn't care about the price difference between the other exhaust, why go cheap on the Shelby. If you wait too long North Coast will be out of them and then you will have to waiting on them.

Had a set of Corsa's that I installed when I first got my Shelby, They were on my Mustang GT which I took off when I traded it in. They sounded like a dead pussy cat, no growl at all. You could hear them when you got on the gas but nothing till then. The stock exhaust sounded better till I installed my Roushes and now it sounds lions. You will not be disappointed with the Roushes. I wouldn't care about the price difference between the other exhaust, why go cheap on the Shelby. If you wait too long North Coast will be out of them and then you will have to waiting on them.

+1................if you just bought a $50K car, why worry about a couple of hundred bucks. Get your moneys' worth.......and the Roush kit is worth it!!!!!!!

Just a word of warning though. The 2010 GT500 exhaust is setup different than the earlier models. the 2010 GT500 and 2010 GT exhaust hangars are in different locations. and the 2010 gt has the same setups as the previous year mustangs. So just be aware that the exhaust from the 2010 GT500's may not fit an earlier model GT500. Honestly you would probably be better off going to sanderson and getting a set of kr mufflers. You already came over to my house and said my mufflers were too quiet. but the thing is, your car is not loud as it is. you have a set of the stingers i believe? honestly the kr mufflers would sound awesome on your gt500.

Archived