TEAM SHELBY FORUM

valve covers mockup

tell me what you guys think. theyr off getting powder coated and will go to be engraved hopefully by the end of the week.

note that these are gloss black the ones im getting will be black wrinkle. once these are done im going to do the same thing to a set of fuel rails and have them engraved with "shelby gt"

covers10.jpg

love the look! Just be careful....I think you are ok doing it for yourself, but once you start selling you could be asking for problems.......i.e. licensing agreements, trademarks, etc. Also, it's my understanding that SAI has something in the works for cam covers. Maybe someone from SAI can advise on what we can and can't do. Craig

WOW ... those look great! I am suprised SAI hasn't came out with some like that.

I would hate to see what they would ask for them though.

How much total will you have in them when they are finished?

Chrome with black lettering would be SWEEEEEET!

Kevin

07SGT2591

i'll have about 100-200 in them when theyr done. its only costing my 50 dollars to have them powdercoated. havent gotten a quote on having them engraved yet but im expecting 50 to 150 to have them engraved. its costing me nothing for the valve covers. im using a floating set that my club has. once these are done i'll pull mine off and put them into circulation with the club, makes it so we can paint them and put them on with out having to have our cars down for any amount of time.

i'll keep every one posted on how they turn out :shift:

love the look! Just be careful....I think you are ok doing it for yourself, but once you start selling you could be asking for problems.......i.e. licensing agreements, trademarks, etc. Also, it's my understanding that SAI has something in the works for cam covers. Maybe someone from SAI can advise on what we can and can't do. Craig

That is correct Craig.

Roger

QUOTE (SGT/SC2873 @ Oct 19 2009, 04:32 PM)

That is correct Craig.

Roger

Roger,

Do you have any intel on what SAI is doing about valve covers? It is only frustration that prompts people to just git 'er done on their own. If one person can do this with valve covers, it does cause one to wonder why SAI cannot move a little faster.

I know that I finally gave up waiting for the promised upper and lower control arms and bought them from Metco. I would have loved to buy them from SAI but even I, one of the most patient customers out there, just gave up and went quietly into the night.

Is there anything you can tell us customers that will give us a time line or even a design? Thanks, guy. Looking forward to seeing you in January.

Jim

QUOTE (SGT/SC2873 @ Oct 19 2009, 04:32 PM)

Roger,

Do you have any intel on what SAI is doing about valve covers? It is only frustration that prompts people to just git 'er done on their own. If one person can do this with valve covers, it does cause one to wonder why SAI cannot move a little faster.

I know that I finally gave up waiting for the promised upper and lower control arms and bought them from Metco. I would have loved to buy them from SAI but even I, one of the most patient customers out there, just gave up and went quietly into the night.

I know you don't run the place (yet :hysterical: ) but is there anything you can tell us customers that will give us a time line or even a design? Thanks, guy. Looking forward to seeing you in January.

Jim

Yeah, if we have to depend on SAI for kool stuff by the time they get around to it we'll all be in the grave.

:hysterical:

I found when I was making mine that the emblems would be hidden once installed if they were off to the end of the cover like yours is. That's why I put mine in the center more.

oldcarpics006.jpg

tasca016.jpg

yeah thats why i have been looking at doing a battery relocation kit. i realized this problem shortly after we got the mockup finnished

I refered a gentleman to SAI with the same idea, valve covers engraved, he is working with SAI.. I beleive he also has the patent

with regards to the idea of engraving the covers. I posted his add from ebay.

He said he can make them with any logo you like as long as it does not interfere with trademarks etc.. He will also have to get a min of 5 people to make the run.

As soon as he is finished with the negotiations with SAI, I am sure you will see them.. I have viewed his others from Steeda etc, they are real nice and come in alot of diff. colors, I am partial to the wrinkle black due to the nastalgia aspect...

GNB

Archived