TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exterior Car Care for Dummies (like me)

ndsvt

I will start out by admiting that I am relatively inexperienced with car wax/polish. I have used a couple of different products on other cars but have always found them to be a pain to apply and especially get off without leaving residue on every :censored: plastic piece. I had been reading on this and other forums about Turtle Wax's Ice Liquid Polish and thought I'd try it out on my new car. I was impressed with how easy it was to apply and take off, and I didn't have to worry about applying it in the sun or keeping it away from the grained black plastic pieces. The results were fantastic IMHO. I am sure there are better products out there that probably last longer, but for the time/money/ease of use/results I think I will be using this for a long time. Here are some pics. :happy feet:

GT500afterIcePolish-11.jpg

GT500afterIcePolish-18.jpg

GT500afterIcePolish-19.jpg

GT500afterIcePolish-22.jpg

GT500afterIcePolish-3.jpg

GT500afterIcePolish-6.jpg

GT500afterIcePolish-7.jpg

GT500afterIcePolish-8.jpg

GT500afterIcePolish-27.jpg

GT500afterIcePolish-40.jpg

you did a good job on the exterior.You'll get alot of optiions on this one,and Ill only say Im a Maguiars product guy,love all their products.For the plastci Back to Black is very good. For the leather Lexol is very good,they also have avinyl product for the inserts which are vinyl

Glad you found something that works for you..that's really what it's all about. I have my preferences..just as Torched10 does and everyone else. It's always nice to try new things based on other peoples experiences...but it just comes down to the individual.

I have certain opinions about a extremely popular polish that go against what most of the car care enthusiasts think..it just doesn't do it for me. Anyway...I'll just leave it at that.

Great car!

:lurk:

Justin

Try a soft toothbrush and then a soft towel to buff off.

Then...

Wash car in dawn and remove all the wax and go get zaino clay bar and polishes and detail spray.

Then enjoy the best finish you ever had on a car and no white residue to remove.

I am happy with my waxing products, I just need a suggestion to get the residue off the black pieces. I can't buff it away, I tried that.

After waxing my car, I have some white residue on my black plastic pieces. Can anyone tell me a good way of getting it off? I can't seem to get it completely off. Thanks.

Ive used Back to Black successfully.BTW you can buy most of these products off Amazon.com

DaFreak: for the interior, nothing beats Adams VRT (Vinyl, Rubber, Tire). Simply the best and easiest to use.

For the exterior, Zaino, Zaino, Zaino. Lowest maintenance (but initial high effort) and the more that you use it, the better that it looks. I had a black 03 Cobra, and everyone thought that it had several additional coats of clear..... Using Zaino now on my Grabber Blue 2010, and it looks fantastic.

hey ndsvt give Liquid Glass polish a shot. I think you would be pretty impressed what it would do for that pretty blue you have there.

+1

That stuff is pretty good. Other than Meguiars NXT 2.0, that's probably my second choice. I think the Liquid Glass lasts longer from my experience.

She sure does POP. Looks great man.

I have used Ice and it's loads easier to apply and remove then anything else. Give Zaino a try, so far it has given me the best results with only twice the effort. :hysterical:

agreed, I've been a Zaino addict for almost 10 years now. can take more work than the others but the shine and longevity is outstanding.

• 4 weeks later...

Never tried Zaino before.. is it a wax or polymer type like Turtle Wax Ice? Does Zaino leave any white residue on edges of the stripes? What makes it take more effort than other approaches - is it high effort putting it on or taking it off or both?

Never tried Zaino before.. is it a wax or polymer type like Turtle Wax Ice? Does Zaino leave any white residue on edges of the stripes? What makes it take more effort than other approaches - is it high effort putting it on or taking it off or both?

it's a polymer. it's a pink paste and it tends to dry pretty quickly. I use an orbital buffer and tend to do 2 coats which is why it takes more time. it doesn't leave any residue, the paste turns to fine dust when rubbed off

I use only Turtle Wax Ice paste and get a great look. I like the paste because you can rub out any little spots that didn’t come off when you washed the car. You apply the paste, when it dries spray it with Turtle Wax Detail spray to soften the dried wax and then wipe it off. No problems with the white stuff in the cracks or on the plastic. I like it because it only takes about an hour or so to do. I’d rather be driving than waxing.

i love turtle wax ice quick detailer + liquid polish. there`s too much black plastic on this car for me.no residue on plastic or stripes.can do whole car in less than 1hr..never thought i`d use turtle wax products.my car is sterling gray. don`t know about other colors? i`m real happy with these two products.

from comments here,i tried the Ice product on my wifes car (not the Shelby) as a test.I did the whole car and it went on easily.But it rained the next day,and the rain didnt really bead up, or slide off like it would normally do on a typical wax.So im note sure its providng the protection Id like to have

She sure does POP. Looks great man.

I have used Ice and it's loads easier to apply and remove then anything else. Give Zaino a try, so far it has given me the best results with only twice the effort. :hysterical:

I have used Zaino on my last two GT500's, on the KR I used ice........can't tell the difference in shine, but I can tell you that it took me 1/3 the time it took me with Zaino!

I have used Zaino on my last two GT500's, on the KR I used ice........can't tell the difference in shine, but I can tell you that it took me 1/3 the time it took me with Zaino!

does the water bead up the same as with Zaino??I only used one coat--maybe i need more

Archived