TEAM SHELBY FORUM

drag radials

hey guys im curious at what kind of drag radials are yall running at the track. i finally decided that im tired of sitting at the strating line watching a v6 blow past me cuase if cant get traction :shift: . lol. any help would be great and also looking to buy rear rims to put them on so if anybody have suggestions on that. im thinking of going with a 18 X 10, but idk theres so many choices. :headscratch:

I'll be interested to kow what options experienced users recommend, as well.

One of the things to think about is that all that energy previously wasted in wheelspin and smoke is going to go somewhere; U-joints, drive shafts, axle shafts, drive shaft loops are all going to come into play more with drag tires than with street tires.

EDIT: the Mickey Thompson tire material says, "Acceptable practice for rim width is tread width plus or minus 1''. CAUTION: It is not recommended that radial and non-radial tires be mixed on the same vehicle." So there you are for wheel choice on that tire:11-13 width, right?

hey guys im curious at what kind of drag radials are yall running at the track. i finally decided that im tired of sitting at the strating line watching a v6 blow past me cuase if cant get traction :shift: . lol. any help would be great and also looking to buy rear rims to put them on so if anybody have suggestions on that. im thinking of going with a 18 X 10, but idk theres so many choices. :headscratch:

Not much help here but I have been looking at these from Lethal, I'm thinking about putting mine on the track for the first time on the 25th,it will be the first time on the track for me and the car.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/tires-dra...-radial-p-17470

I agree, I am getting beat by cars that on paper I should beat but get spanked because I sit there and just light up the 20's. I hear that the Nitto Invo tires are a good street/track tire.

Archived